Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racist Abuse?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Buy some Potatoes . Put them in the Freezer and then , when frozen throw them at the Sassanach .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

blackcard wrote: »
    Generally only got good natured slagging from the English when I worked over there. I used to tell them that when I left Ireland to go to England, the average IQ in both countries rose substantially. Had 1 lad come back to me the next day telling me I had insulted the English

I hope your response was 'Yes. And?'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Straight white males need to be able to take a joke.....however if straight white males make a joke about any one else or color or minority, sex, gender etc then they are most definitely racist.

did you not get the email ?
    Its the PC way today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Watching the Bulgaria v England match here and there's really vile racism on display. Any time a black player gets the ball for England, the crowd are booing and worse. Referee has had to stop the game and the stadium PA has had to warn the fans to stop.

Hilariously, it's 4-0 to England and every goal has been scored by a black player or a player of black extraction.

Those scum should thrown out. Not that anyone would miss Bulgaria. They are ****ing hopeless.

Straight white males need to be able to take a joke.....however if straight white males make a joke about any one else or color or minority, sex, gender etc then they are most definitely racist.

Its the PC way today

That email only went out to 4chan subscribers.

Context. Context. Context.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I assume the Eu will sort out the Racism of Eastern European Countries .

Should these Racist Countries even be in the Eu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

You only have to look at Westminster to see how little the average English person knows about Ireland. The ignorance is astonishing, not to mention the widely held misconceptions.

Are you referring to the current Home Secretary ?

:D

Not an average 'English' person however you look at it, but nevertheless...

That email only went out to 4chan subscribers.

Context. Context. Context.

not a member of there.

Maybe I imagined it...lol

not a member of there.

Maybe I imagined it...lol

Are you suggesting you actually received an email which outlined what you posted?

Because, if not, then Yes, you imagined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Are you referring to the current Home Secretary ?

:D

Not an average 'English' person however you look at it, but nevertheless...

I was referring to Westminster politicians in general.

How is the current Home Secretary not an average English person?

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting you actually received an email which outlined what you posted?

Because, if not, then Yes, you imagined it.

I rest my case.

Straight while males better be careful about making a joke :D

I was referring to Westminster politicians in general.

How is the current Home Secretary not an average English person?

Well, she's better looking, for one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Priti

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭gjim

The term race reflects on skin colour! Always has. And always will changing it now to suit people is completely unethical. And because of that race has lost all meaning. Therefore so will the term racism!
    Skin colour? Is there something like of those Dulux colour charts available so I can know the race of all the people I know?

Do freckles count when measuring skin colour? Is it the colour between the freckles that determines the race or is the overall average colour?

On the skin colour basis, that means Norwegians are a different race to Italians. But Norwegians are presumably the same race as Dutch who are the same race as French who are the same race as Spanish who are the same race as the Italians. How does that work?

Japanese, Koreans and Chinese - same or different "races"?

I've an old aunt who has spent every holiday since the 80s irradiating herself on beaches. Her skin is the colour of a dried prune. Is she the same race as the rest of the family who are mostly milk-bottle white or freckled?

Or maybe classifing people into "races" based on superficial physical attributes isn't so easy. Apartheid South Africa had teams of "scientists" trying to do it for decades - including by using skin colour charts - and they got nowhere. For scientists, race only exists as a social concept - there is no biological definition of what constitutes a human race, never mind categories of humans based on skin colour or tone.

:rolleyes:

Priti

Very. Gorgeous actually, but what an obnoxious cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Landsdowne road 1995 anyone?

Nazi salutes and racist chanting.

Chelsea fans c18?

John terry calling Anton Ferdinand a black ****?

Hypocrisy.

:rolleyes:

Better looking than you too, judging by your reaction there.

Anyway, to be serious -

By virtue of being Home Secretary, she is not an 'average English person'.

By virtue of being a Patel, she is not an 'average English person'. (Don't make me explain the difference between English and British to you.)

She is though, cluelessly insensitive to Irish history.

lola85 wrote: »

Chelsea fans c18?

Hypocrisy.

There are very recent examples too.

Aside from racism their scum fans have been causing trouble in Prague and Sofia for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lola85 wrote: »

Chelsea fans c18?

Hypocrisy.
    There are very recent examples too.

Aside from racism their scum fans have been causing trouble in Prague and Sofia for the last few days.

None of that excuses hundreds of numbskulls doing monkey chants tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Its the PC way today
    How out of touch are you old man? :eek:

It's straight, white CIS males need to be able to take a joke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

blinding wrote: »
    I assume the Eu will sort out the Racism of Eastern European Countries .

Should these Racist Countries even be in the Eu ?

Bit off topic but I doubt the EU is going to kick countries out because of soccer chants.

She is though, cluelessly insensitive to Irish history.

Culturally very English then. She’s also English by nationality which isn’t the same as race. She’s also british.

And hot. I agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,744 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Very. Gorgeous actually, but what an obnoxious cow.

But she's in favour of the death penalty. That should go down well round these parts.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    That's brilliant :D

This is the brilliant piece.

Had 1 lad come back to me the next day telling me I had insulted the English

But she's in favour of the death penalty. That should go down well round these parts.

Apparently the one of the laws she wants implemented would have prevented her parents migrating to the UK in the way they did.

Cold, cold woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You only have to look at Westminster to see how little the average English person knows about Ireland. The ignorance is astonishing, not to mention the widely held misconceptions.

This is it. And I suppose I could ask the average Irish person how much they know about the cultural of Cumbria or Northumberland. Or Cornwall or the Midlands. And I would expect them to know half of fcuk all. Ignorance tends to show itself unbeknownst to the speaker. I wonder how many times I say stupid things to people who's culture I don't know much about.

If the lad on the tour is genuinely bullying, then the OP should stand up to them. If they're just an eejit but they keep going on and on, then a quiet word should do the trick. If it's just banter then there’s not a lot to be done.

British Indians vote Tory. Many voted Brexit. To be fair, that’s an example of integration.

http://theconversation.com/how-the-conservatives-stole-the-british-indian-vote-from-labour-77275

This is it. And I suppose I could ask the average Irish person how much they know about the cultural of Cumbria or Northumberland. Or Cornwall or the Midlands. And I would expect them to know half of fcuk all. Ignorance tends to show itself unbeknownst to the speaker. I wonder how many times I say stupid things to people who's culture I don't know much about.

If the lad on the tour is genuinely bullying, then the OP should stand up to them. If they're just an eejit but they keep going on and on, then a quiet word should do the trick. If it's just banter then there’s not a lot to be done.

You compared a country to a region there, hoping we wouldn’t notice.

• Advertisement

British Indians vote Tory. Many voted Brexit. To be fair, that’s an example of integration.

http://theconversation.com/how-the-conservatives-stole-the-british-indian-vote-from-labour-77275

As is their objection to immigration from Eastern Europe.

Advertisement