Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racist Abuse?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Oh ffs. Anewme's point is really being proven. Like what on earth relevance does the above thing have to this thread? She objects to misogyny elsewhere - the fiend.

I think he s slagging, but yes I'm very anti misogyny and it's not relevant in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

anewme wrote: »
    I think he s slagging, but yes I'm very anti misogyny and it's not relevant in this thread.
    Says more about him. What a bizarre axe to grind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Says more about him. What a bizarre axe to grind.

So a nap is out of the question then?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,186 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It does for me.

Eh, no - that's not how questions and answers work...

Anyway, I've proven you were overly-sensitive about the issue and you're now produced three straight logical fallacies and no defense rebuttal.

QED.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Would people start getting the vibe of racism correctly.Racism is about discrimination of others of color.If a white brit makes off the cuff remarks about white Irish, thats not racism. That is just being a peckhead, I'm sick of people throwing this whole racism tag where it doesn't belong.

There in lies the issue. I have seen numerous cases of bullying against Eastern Europeans etc. As it is white on white bullying it is not treated with the same seriousness as if it was white against a person of colour

• Advertisement

Eh, no - that's not how questions and answers work...

Anyway, I've proven you were overly-sensitive about the issue and you're now produced three straight logical fallacies and no defense rebuttal.

QED.

It's not mandatory that a person posting a thread has to answer to YOU for you to judge on your "snowflakeometer" as to the level of "snowflakery" according to you.

It is not a word that an adult would use and could expect to be taken seriously and no offence, but I would not be answering questions to someone with that kind of childish logic.

As I said previously, am happy with how it played out.

There in lies the issue. I have seen numerous cases of bullying against Eastern Europeans etc. As it is white on white bullying it is not treated with the same seriousness as if it was white against a person of colour

It is still racism though and I do see cases like these being called out more and more for what they are and proper order.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Youre meant to fire back. Not run off offended.

Theres endless material for the brits. Brexit references. Their pedo prince. Only country to lose to us. Lost empire, the irony of Londonistan and so on.

Too easy.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

20Wheel wrote: »
    Youre meant to fire back. Not run off offended.

Theres endless material for the brits. Brexit references. Their pedo prince. Only country to lose to us. Lost empire, the irony of Londonistan and so on.

Too easy.

Who says you are meant to fire off?

No one ran off offended.

Just told him directly but bluntly I did not come here to listen to this left his company. Message was sent loud and clear. To him. Only. Walking away calmly is better than lowering to his level.

As I said earlier, there were some lovely English people in Company. Why would you belittle them and make them feel uncomfortable because of him?

They were embarrassed enough over him as it was which only got worse as the week went on and he insulted more and more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Who says you are meant to fire off?

No one ran off offended.

Just told him directly but bluntly I did not come here to listen to this left his company. Message was sent loud and clear. To him. Only. Walking away calmly is better than lowering to his level.

As I said earlier, there were some lovely English people in Company. Why would you belittle them and make them feel uncomfortable because of him?

They were embarrassed enough over him as it was which only got worse as the week went on and he insulted more and more people.

Yeah but you changed what you were doing because of him.
    Better to ruin it for everyone. Kamikaze and scorched earth all round.

Burn the oil wells.

Samson protocol.

Elliott Roger > You.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Why? Nothing I wrote indicates that whatsoever. What you've described above is actually applicable to you. Below you twist what I've said and you don't acknowledge various points/questions that I put to you.

You either didn't read my post fully or ignored chunks. I acknowledged anti British sentiment without hesitation and gave my (unflattering) view of it as well as my appreciation for British culture. Wtf? You're literally making stuff up that doesn't apply to me due to simply disliking my post. And my post is in response to things you said yourself. It's not just stuff I've invented.

What? You haven't experienced anti Irish bigotry so therefore it doesn't happen? It has happened - like to the nurses you weirdly dismissed. Yeah thankfully it's nothing like it was but I still don't understand your sneery dismissal of the person who said they were charged at. No need to dismiss it at all. It, like anti British abuse (which no way do I believe occurs as constantly as you like to think it does, but that doesn't mean I think it never happens or that I would dismiss it when it does) is unacceptable. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

You may not believe it but I can tell you it happens a multitude of times more then the Irish get abuse in the UK. You could not even begin to compare the two in 2019.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

n your opinion.

You say it like its some sort of fact, which it is not.
    You have been given multiple examples by people on here and fisregarded them all because they did not suit your agenda.
    Does it happen, yes, is it as common as you make out...No, and that is the opinion of most on here.

Advertisement