Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

In the old frugal days that string was carefully kept in the miscellaneous drawer and had numerous uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

Its ten to five, its still bright and the birds are singing. Summer is coming.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Am just back from a lovely walk. Happy days. Saw daffodils in some gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just people working in hospitals from top to bottom. Given the amount of stress and responsibility they have. They always work with a smile always double checking on patents, seeing are they OK, or how they are getting on.

The nicest bit I saw today was a nurse making sure an elderly lady gets a cup of tea (she was feeling a bit cold) , off the porter went and got her the cup of tea. Then was chatting away to her.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Those like that nurse are worth their weight in gold, and more. Unfortunately in my experience they're a minority, but thank God they do exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Those new Haribo Jelly Bunnies are divine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dogs in pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Goodigal

That absolutely amazing sunrise this morning. Stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,180 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Went to pay for something on sale today and the assistant told me it was reduced by a further 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

January is over, it's done

Felt like a **** age for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 andy6

Bank holidays! Another new one this month, that's nearly one every month, Yay!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've booked tomorrow off for a 4 day weekend - yes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chatting to my 5 year old niece in Australia this morning, brightened my morning up chatting to her and having a laugh, loads of roaring laughter and running away and telling her to come back here, she's love it when I do that 😄.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just realised from the trivial annoyance thread (who I assume was a female poster giving out about her hairdresser not following her instructions), that cutting my own hair was a trivial thing that makes me happy.

I only started doing it with the covid lockdowns, graduated from a cheap hair-clipper to a fancy one. I can shave my head now in about 20 minutes, job done. I even give myself the thumbs up thinking how great I am. Then I don't have to worry about it for another few months.

Fellas have it much handier than women on that score unless they go the Sinead O'Connor route.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Seeing the Snowdrops and Crocus blooming in the garden, pretty little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ireland going to Marseille and beating the French in the rugby. An absolute fückwit bell end of a referee doing his very best in trying to enable the French to win, mind bogglingly frustrating watching that incompetence ridden performance by him and his team but the Irish came good and got over the line comfortably…. 🤌🏻👏🏼

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Lovely to see.

I was out for a walk one day during the week, and passed by an overgrown garden, of an empty house. And there in the middle of everything were the snowdrops.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Aw , that's so nice, especially with the contrast of the empty house and overgrown garden, new life from the flowers .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭apache

Tasty food. Had kebab, chips and peanut m&ms. It would probably be up there as my last meal choice. Stuffed but jesus it was lovely 🍟🌮🍫

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

On a bank holiday weekend, I generally don’t shave between the previous Thursday & the Tuesday. Always feels like a really close shave when I do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I have one set of really, really lovely neighbours. I bumped into one of them in town and we said hello and I was still smiling 5 minutes later.

Post edited by New Home on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to the rugby last weekend. It was fun singing Ireland's Call while being surrounded by scowling French fans.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was walking with my bro's eldest, she is going back to work after a long gap. She has been systematically bullied in a succession of jobs for years. She's done the work and now feels ready to return.

A lady(b) who was walking towards us stopped up and called her name and they got chatting, niece said she was going back to work and was really looking forward to it as it was her dream job.

(b) said you are going back NOW? I would love to have been able to take years off like you did.

niece responded by saying, I would love to not have been bullied and demeaned in jobs for years and years like I was.

As she isn't the type to say boo to a goose I was so happy to see she was able and capable to stand up for herself and teach one of the bullies the outcome of their actions.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Power is back on , so I have tv , kettle and microwave again . Food 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Since Monday was a public holiday, Tuesday felt like a Monday, but better again, Wednesday was like a Friday because I was off today and will be tomorrow too.

Who doesn't like a 2-day working week?!? 😁😎

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I went to a talk at the Royal Irish Academy last night. Afterwards, I was struck by one thing: at no point was the talk interrupted by phones going off, buzzing, alarms, coughing, or anything at all like that. People - at least the people there - really do seem to have gotten the message to turn their phones off, or at least to silent mode. Hope for the future?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Pancake Tuesday tomorrow

My delivery arrived and all good, signed for and the coat and fits perfectly… nice start to the week….. super discounted too. 😋

The most delicious pancakes… thick, fluffy, soft, flavourful, tasty beyond mmmmmmmmmmmm. Im stuffed….

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Seeing a photo of my godson in his soccer kit for his first real match - against Bohs no less! He's 6 😂❤️

Advertisement