Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah delighted for you.Whens the housewarming:D
    Up in the air at the moment, where is my moving in present? :P
    Your answer determines your invite status! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Guy Person wrote: »
    I finally get to move into the apartment I bought tomorrow! It's been a long road but I have finally got there, I will no longer be living in Dublin and will be in a much more quiet and less populated area which is what I wanted. Christ I could cry with relief but I'll save that for when I'm moved in. This time tomorrow I will be dancing! :D

Woohoo , congratulations GP !!
    We'll hire a bus and be there by seven with food and drink :D

Seriously though , best of luck in your new home , delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Specially trained seagull on its way directly bearing..... wait and see! So. literally, up in the air....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »

And Tayto!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »

That could be misconstrued.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

New Home wrote: »

It could indeed :o
    Not changing it though :p

Leggy ,
    King !

Damn, from elation to despair in a matter of minutes.....:(
    I thought that was my moving in present!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

My dishwasher is fixed now, finally! I love you, dishwasher! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have an email from DHL showing you signed for my gift. So I know we're good to go.

Congratulations.

Happy is sitting in front of a roaring wife fire, curtains drawn, cosy and lazy for the night,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

A piñata, strippers, and Tequila. Did I win?heh.

• Advertisement

A piñata, strippers, and Tequila. Did I win?heh.
    You did! With presents like those you were never going to lose :D

You did! With presents like those you were never going to lose :D

I was wondering why you were so happy with slippers....until I reread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see the Irishman at the cinema tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

freaking out and trying something new, I tried calamine tea recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Frosty cobwebs, rising sunshine and that song "I'm a bi*ch, I'm a lover..." on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Frosty cobwebs, rising sunshine and that song "I'm a bi*ch, I'm a lover..." on the radio.

Oh God, you're way too happy for my liking :D
    That song in the morning combined with Jack Forst would bring out the rage in me.
    #don'tdomornings :)

To thine own self be true

I'm a sinner I'm a saint, and I do not feel ashamed... :P

Being able to sit and have coffee in the garden into the second week in November.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I went by a mature beech that still had lots of russet leaves on, and caught among its branches was the smoke of a nearby house. It really looked like that, there didn't seem to be any other visible smoke around, just that little cloud stuck in there. It was lovely, and the contrast of colours was lovely, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had to help out on a customer call and envisioned it to be an hour of back and forth.
    Instead, after 15 mins we had an agreement - happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I went by a mature beech that still had lots of russet leaves on, and caught among its branches was the smoke of a nearby house. It really looked like that, there didn't seem to be any other visible smoke around, just that little cloud stuck in there. It was lovely, and the contrast of colours was lovely, too. :)

Mature beach ehhh 🤔 ?

:EDIT: Nevermind homeo , I completely misread that :o .

Thank the baby kittens everywhere its Friday \o/.

I was asking my hairdresser if I could dye my hair to match my natural colour as I thought I had seen a white strand. She checked. It was only the light reflecting off the top of my head, or my hair blonde-ing a little bit when it was sunny. Tbh I don't see ageing as a shameful thing, but it's not time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was planting sweet Williams for next year. My neighbour came along with her two year old. I had to give a full account of my actions, that little girl would outdo any detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I watched a miniseries years ago and all I could remember was there was a disturbing character called Spinny in it. Several times over the years I racked my brains trying to think what it was and whatever way I worded a Google search it gave me nothing. Something made me think of it again this morning and it occurred to me that it may have been the adaptation of a book. Bingo!! It was Ruth Rendell's Heartstone from 1996, 23 years later I finally have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed The Irishman

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mature beach ehhh 🀔 ?

:EDIT: Nevermind homeo , I completely misread that :o .

No, that's JupiterKid who's going to the 'mature beach' tomorrow :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When getting a new game (PS4), and removing the wrapper, slowly pulling the PS branded bit of plastic that perfectly opens the covering, and the factory smell of a new product!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's Friday! 6 more school weeks until Christmas :D

My cat is back to normal after being neutered on Monday. He had to stay in until his check up yesterday and he went crazy, knocking things off the table, biting us and running around like a maniac!! He spent all day outside today playing with the dogs and now he is fast asleep on his blanket in front of the fire. What a cutie!

Also, brought in my shoebox for the shoebox appeal to school today. A little girl in my class (she's 7) wanted to know what it was so I explained it to her. Straight away she said "teacher, I have a bike at home and I can't use it anymore because it's too small. I'll bring it in on Monday and you can give it to the children with no presents." Not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes. She's so thoughtful and kind, she's great.

Lots of happiness today!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My son during homework explaining why 2+3+3=8

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »

Also, brought in my shoebox for the shoebox appeal to school today. A little girl in my class (she's 7) wanted to know what it was so I explained it to her. Straight away she said "teacher, I have a bike at home and I can't use it anymore because it's too small. I'll bring it in on Monday and you can give it to the children with no presents." Not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes. She's so thoughtful and kind, she's great.

There's hope for us yet :)

Advertisement