Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just received my renewed UK passport today. The process is now online (except for sending the old one to Belfast), took half as long as they said it would (3 weeks total vs. 5-6), and cost about 40% less than it did ten years ago (no paper to deal with, probably). Technology actually improved something? :o

(This could be my last UK passport: if Scotland goes independent in the next decade, I'll get one of theirs.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Listening to today fm this morning and hearing about your doll that raised $30k for her wedding from family and friends. Then she is 'delaying ' the wedding. She's spending the 30k on an early honeymoon.
    Caused a **** storm with people who donated and a big fb row.
    Made me laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A saying I learned from Jamaica. Keeping something under "heavy manners"-ie. Total control.

A photo of my OH in military uniform.
    Sweet divine mother of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finding cats toys in the hallway when you know you tidied them up. That means she’s been to the basket they’re kept in and had a root around to take some out when I wasn’t there 😸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Finding cats toys in the hallway when you know you tidied them up. That means she’s been to the basket they’re kept in and had a root around to take some out when I wasn’t there 😸

That's what I wanted you to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Went to get my hair cut.And i got a lovely woman.I have a hearing loss and wear a hearing aid.It was so nice to go somewhere,where they talked nice.Not like i was stupid.And it was such a difference and felt so nice.

Plus i was in asmr heaven,i was nearly asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

dubstarr wrote: »

You make the snip sound positively divine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Replacing the large jar of mayonnaise I consigned to the floor yes,
    on special offer at 3e for the same sized jar!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Went to get my hair cut.And i got a lovely woman.I have a hearing loss and wear a hearing aid.It was so nice to go somewhere,where they talked nice.Not like i was stupid.And it was such a difference and felt so nice.

I get that with the white noise of hairdryer ( and washing machines tumble dryer and vacuum cleaners). My hearing just pops out and is almost gone in times of crisis (and that is normal, elevated blood pressure in the ear drum or some such) but I'm.not hearing impaired, and can only.i.agine the difference it made to your day to have someone who was un-awkward to listen to. If only we could all be a bit easier on the ea4s! Xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A phone call from my cousin, no particular reason, just having a good old natter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thankfully happy that I have abundant bedding.

Not doing well, and have felt bitterly cold all day.,A huge relief to be able to take out an extra blanket and fill a hot water bottle, and feel my feet sighing with relief at being warm for the first time all day.

Spare a thought for rough sleepers..Take nothing for granted these days..

Pleasant dreams..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »

giphy.gif

:3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

giphy.gif

:3

Makes a change from the mouse she brought in to me last week, ugh!

Happy that the fridge is now... GRAND! Spent y;day working on it. It is old and has a bad habit of growing ice like weeds... Labour of Hercules. Dratted cats managed to PINCH MY SAUSAGES when the door was open. Draped all over the floor they were.

Cats were thus very, very happy.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Driving along within the speed limit. Being overtaken by some idiot travelling at a crazy rate in a jeep or a bigger, more powerful car and seeing him or her getting a ticket for speeding further along the road. It's even better if it's someone you know.

So satisfying.:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sitting in a warm house looking out at the tremendous autumn colours of the surrounding woodlands. Aren't trees magical?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sitting in a warm house looking out at the tremendous autumn colours of the surrounding woodlands. Aren't trees magical?

While at the same time looking at petunia, fuchsia and geraniums still in bloom in the garden .! Gorgeous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    While at the same time looking at petunia, fuchsia and geraniums still in bloom in the garden .! Gorgeous

The season in the garden has really stretched this year. So much still in bloom for the start of November.

I just watched the alternate video for Niall Horans new song. He's dancing like a loon in it and looks so happy doing it that I couldn't help but laugh.

• Advertisement

I just watched the alternate video for Niall Horans new song. He's dancing like a loon in it and looks so happy doing it that I couldn't help but laugh.

Did you watch the one with Diplos face imposed on his.Funny but creepy:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Same here. I could happily gaze at the beautiful colours of the trees and plants at this time of year especially, for hours. I feel a great sense of peace, just looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Stumbled across some pj's I bought a few years ago in london as part of a 2 for 25£ offer, they had gotten overlooked and unworn in the moves since then.
    A few hours after I found them, I saw a local rescue was having a fundraising auction, saw yesterday that one pair sold for 25e!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Getting the news that im doing another autism presentation :D

Did you watch the one with Diplos face imposed on his.Funny but creepy:D

Thanks! I'm after getting a laugh out of that now as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

The feeling of accomplishment. I organised a fundraiser for my sports club and we raised a record amount of money. I worked so hard and it paid off so I’m very chuffed with myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I finally get to move into the apartment I bought tomorrow! It's been a long road but I have finally got there, I will no longer be living in Dublin and will be in a much more quiet and less populated area which is what I wanted. Christ I could cry with relief but I'll save that for when I'm moved in. This time tomorrow I will be dancing! :D

Guy Person wrote: »
    I finally get to move into the apartment I bought tomorrow! It's been a long road but I have finally got there, I will no longer be living in Dublin and will be in a much more quiet and less populated area which is what I wanted. Christ I could cry with relief but I'll save that for when I'm moved in. This time tomorrow I will be dancing! :D

Wonderful! Dance on!

The ferry brought me a bag of coal, AND a huge sack of kindling which I had enquired about.. enough for the winter.

I feel secure and happy to have fuel enough in this bitter weather...

Such small needs, and so easily content. Happy!

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »

Ah delighted for you.Whens the housewarming:D

Advertisement