Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

maudgonner wrote: »
    Trent! Trent is back!!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks he's pants?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

An ad on telly reminded me of a time I hailed a cab in NY causing him to get rear-ended by another taxi.
    We jumped into a 3rd one and giggled like kids at it.
    Was a good good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That that paralyzing icy cold has eased. Made me so ill. shudders. still drained from it but recovering. Old Scandinavian legend described hell as freezing ice and I share that view ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finishing work in 15 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A knitted rainbow striped cardigan that's made it through at least 3 owners and 4 decades and in perfect condition because it was well made and every owner cared for it. You can only mess up with wool once. Wash it wrong and it will felt (turn to felt). So they were thoughtful with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Speedy admins and mods who zap spambot threads off the Boards planet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Speedy admins and mods who zap spambot threads off the Boards planet!

That was damn quick in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having all the time in the world and on a miserable drizzly day, like today, being able to do nothing in the knowledge you'll be able to get things done another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sitting listening to a snoring baby and a snoring cat !! They are outdoing each other here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Still buzzing at getting checked out by a man last night. I‘m not big-headed, I swear, and I wouldn’t usually say that but both Huz and I clocked it because he wasn’t subtle. And when it happened, I was totally surprised and my initial thought was that he wasn’t looking at me.

I was surprised because once I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I stopped thinking of myself as having any sex appeal. Any thoughts I had of being an attractive woman deserted me at that moment. So I assumed everyone else saw me the same way and that’s been my mindset for four long years. So that happening last night reminded me that I am a human being, not a disease. And that I’m only 35 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Not having to get ready to go out after a shower, just putting on the pjs and letting my hair dry naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Doctor Sleep was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Having a Madonna marathan on Youtube.Loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

branie2 wrote: »
    Doctor Sleep was very good

I've never once heard you say a movie was bad!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This video

dubstarr wrote: »
    Having a Madonna marathan on Youtube.Loving it

Hope you're striking a pose.......:pac:

*gets coat*

Relieved and happy that I successfully deflected one very large, very wet longhaired cat from getting under the bedclothes..

The glare should have turned me to stone but he has succumbed to sleep atop the handknitted mohair bed cover....Relieved to be under the bedclothes myself with the rain and wind raging out there! Lucky I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Washing clothes, and waiting for a surprise gift to arrive for my little nieces. Spoiler - it’s super warm and funky pyjamas.

Hmmm - actually - I hated getting clothes as a gift when I was a kid. Oh well. They will be warm and funky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was watching an episode of Richard Osman's House Of Games quiz show on BBC2 from Thursday. One round was called 'King of the Jumbles' where each question had two answers, which were anagrams of each other (and you have to give both).

Here was one visual question: :D

Di1_bSPcPR4817saq7EpqIkPKydt8QZ2RivsfqvcuP2j1mChIVcWdnmV_lQZJxBjRt0rRetVwlu6Zg1or54scLoXjgljlCDgIQe_FLh-mkBG37vskNXXDBUjXWL1gN9oRUTQDVxXD4JC6fvPmC2RUF98C96ddIgmnFYnYF2WSJ_fc4B3G4-lS1Y7nuS_OzgmxLTQV9XqFjJoOnawum4lp1sbyLBwUN87uBzqRICCqbO0huOe0LVEk7NQYYF0sStNXsxxoSvdl2PIt_nl2KPoax-4MUvlORkZ7WL6RukmNIw9dFcjEUoiED-t_Lwn6-2_pyN4nJhJnGSon_6D5w0ge5qO9XYo3VqvGb3o8UbZ-oIJvaIOb-LTfLetoljDk1qh7AfCjl7OcLL62nAPbiFixIeIhlulMalC816ZurBZh0dKhdiK-uFH2kmVKkcNy3kMQZtlup5tcwmmH64zbnn1eozO4Oj537LzrZyg4l2wNZNfLUtaeWCKY1cSy_2HB1vJ9RXlt54tVBK-u9oPUEjmIXXvzVtLdqwrSiAsShbZA8RujHN47D13LbdJ3Jb4e2BCqmIeTpJxPqB3IhA2iuaYvxq0bhZVO6XI8XKBuq15mKUrUNArqQ98OJGErUi85SM27O5h1wUgiNNl0IfcaWAC3WnmPBzRKbKXBeHscNHpdggca1qI5Jzdsw=w834-h625-no

Nobody got it. One contestant was trying to make up an anagram of 'Tapir'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The roster for next week being done on a Saturday, and only having one day of work next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I caught the first mouse of the winter in the new mouse trap. I gave it to my 20 year old cat, who is beyond hunting now. She nearly turned herself inside out with excitement, went all giddy and kitteny. It was a delight to watch her.

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote: »
    I caught the first mouse of the winter in the new mouse trap. I gave it to my 20 year old cat, who is beyond hunting now. She nearly turned herself inside out with excitement, went all giddy and kitteny. It was a delight to watch her.

:eek: Shocked by this, So mice can be a pest but this.. Any my lot catch, mice, rats, birds get gently taken away and buried honourably.

May I please send you a catnip toy for your lovely old cat? Will give hours of pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

House to myself.

Fire on watching Stan and Ollie on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

CNN female newscasters.....hubba Bubba...yes I would.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Finding and using all kinds of containers already in the house to complete a project, it so would have gone against the grain to buy the components.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Opened my wine happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Neames wrote: »
    House to myself.

Just in case you are running out of films.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Stan%20Laurel&and%5B%5D=mediatype%3A%22movies%22

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Neames wrote: »
    House to myself.

I've been binging on Stan and Ollie and YouTube, there good for the soul, they've had me howling with laughter all week 😀.

Eleysian wrote: »
    Evening all. Sorry I haven’t been on for a while.!

Hmmm.....ok apology accepted but.....don't let it happen again missy ! :3

😛🤪

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Graduate on to Marx Bros, Harrold Lloyd and Buster Keaton.

• Advertisement

Forgive please wrong place for this but cannot see where else; phone call that one of our extended faith family was killed by a drunk driver yesterday. She was 49 and a treasure to us and to all she worked with and for all her life.

If you are Mass bound, or not, please spare a prayer? THAT will make us more happy than you will ever know

Back in due course. BLESS YOU!

Advertisement