Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

gifted wrote: »
    Spent most of the day in my happy place....cooked a roast dinner....then made a Baileys & Maltesers cheesecake and finished off with an Apple Spiced cake.....Herself and chicks are happy so that naturally means I'm happy....cos that's how life really works lol lol

That looks perfectly edible.

You hit the nail on the head. When those you love are happy you yourself need nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's getting closer to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

gifted wrote: »
    Spent most of the day in my happy place....cooked a roast dinner....then made a Baileys & Maltesers cheesecake and finished off with an Apple Spiced cake.....Herself and chicks are happy so that naturally means I'm happy....cos that's how life really works lol lol

Can I move in with you please? *drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitty6277 wrote: »

If I was 20 years younger kitty I'd drag you in ..lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitty6277 wrote: »

He has a fierce habit of dropping hands though ;):D He is quite a great baker :)

My TH is not long to go until I see my favourite man again :)

Damn spelling mistake

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    My TA is not long to go until I see my favourite man again :)

And that's a TA? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

He has a fierce habit of dropping hands though ;):D He is quite a great baker :)

Edit that TA to a TH pronto !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well.....well I never knew you hated me .....well that's fine , it's all coming out now.......

*Runs off bawling*

😛😝

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Please don't hate me, but my happy thing is that I'm putting my Christmas tree up this week. I adore everything about Christmas and I'm as excited as a child. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Please don't hate me, but my happy thing is that I'm putting my Christmas tree up this week. I adore everything about Christmas and I'm as excited as a child. :)

We will find you, we will hunt you down.. And we WILL burn your Christmas tree to the pulp.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

We will find you, we will hunt you down.. And we WILL burn your Christmas tree to the pulp.

:D:D

Had my family over for dinner tonight. Was so so nice. My partner made an absolutely delicious and also massive roast dinner and I made tia Maria baked cheesecake for dessert. Was all so lovely. My brother will be going away soon and won't be home til summer. Really sad he won't be here for Christmas so was great having him over tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Noooooooooooooo :eek:

I will also find you.. hunt you down... And demand you let me come over to your house and sit and look at it and watch a Christmas movie while the lights on the tree tinkle in my peripheral vision. Yay for Christmas!!!

Jingle bells, jingle bells....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happy the roof is holding firm. …

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cheese. Hailstones outside, warm inside. Great sound effects.

Cheese. Hailstones outside, warm inside. Great sound effects.

When you live in a "demountable dwelling" with an aluminium roof....Sound of that hailstorm was terrifying. Poor cat tried to hide under the bed but it is a divan..

Happy thus the roof held!

Because the only way the roof can go, this being a sealed unit, is for the entire dwelling to take off.. beware low-flying Graces!

RMAOK wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooo :eek:

Well, for me, Advent comes before Christmas so no decorations etc until at least mid-December. No Advent Calendar, but the Advent Wreath. One more candle every week... That is the tradition I live in and enjoy. Totally happy in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My TH is not long to go until I see my favourite man again :)

Damn spelling mistake

Give and take Auto, give and take :pac::p

I know that feeling, from once upon a time, Graces7 xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I went for my walk earlier, the lovely crisp autumn air, the beautiful colours all about. Back home to cosy house and baking.

Ready to turn the light off and abdicate the day.. winter bites hard on a dark windy day... a simple, old life. Turf fire glowing with its unique rose, rain and hail on the window.. sky with that peculiar dark glow.

There has been war among the cats here and I am fingers crossed it is resolved; the one who was attacked is curled asleep on my pillow. Remembering childhood bed toys? This one purrs!
    Oh and snores!

Bed scattered with bright yarns and half made silver and red bells..Emerald green for a secret project.. Remembering market trading when folk asked what the stall was for... That it fed needy ones; that I cannot do that active work, " But I can knit!" As long as I can do this, it is fair and good.

Circles of life.

Night all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

My replacement belts for my 8 track player arrived this morning. Now relaxing with a beer and the soothing sounds of Barry White.

Got sent a video clip of a three year old 'reading' "we're going on a bear hunt". Word perfect too. What a memory that child has!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Any chance that the child could've actually been reading? :)

It's possible. Some people had a precocious reading ability before the age of 4. It's known as hyperlexia (I think). I was reading well, at age 4. I guess the child in question was just having a bit of a giggle imitating mum/dad :)

TH I achieved a good bit today and dealt with one scary job.

New Home wrote: »
    Any chance that the child could've actually been reading? :)

Much as our grandchildren get their looks from Mrs S and their brains from me, I can categorically state she was not deciphering any words or letters.

The memory gene probably comes from the other side of her family.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Srameen, I'm shocked!! Are you calling Mrs S stupid?!?!? :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    Srameen, I'm shocked!! Are you calling Mrs S stupid?!?!? :pac:

Emmm….wellll…..not exactly.....sure I had to claim something for myself....she was clever enough to marry me….help!.....stop digging....

• Advertisement

Wait 'till I tell her!! :D

Advertisement