Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Go sent a video clip of a three year old 'reading' "we're going on a bear hunt". Word perfect too. What a memory that child has!

Noooooo.. it's the ghost of our Sinéad already..

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

It's cold but I'm warm because I'm inside a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

It's possible. Some people had a precocious reading ability before the age of 4. It's known as hyperlexia (I think). I was reading well, at age 4. I guess the child in question was just having a bit of a giggle imitating mum/dad :)

TH I achieved a good bit today and dealt with one scary job.

Think I had something like this, I was reading 4th class level books when I was in senior infants (something I’m still proud of) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cats fed and back asleep.... hot water bottle filled and at my back... All is well.

Peas soaking for pea and ham soup...

Happy the long loud night is over. A day nearer summer and heaven. Soon! Back to sleep as soon as th weather eases... Happy is sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH that I have all my faculties. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kids gone to school,so im going to have a lovely coffee

Another bright day and excellent walking weather. What more could a body ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A new shampoo. Smells of lychee and strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Drinking a mug of warm vegetable soup.

Hot home made pea and ham soup, with cheese and crackers…

And marigolds to bring in to cheer the dwelling. So bright they are...

• Advertisement

Had a nose around a vintage shop on my travels a few weeks back (They're charity shops with delusions of grandeur but this one really is a little gem). I forgot I'd bought a tiny antique tin, original purpose unknown, red with a gold leaf dahlias flower on the lid. Found it today (of all places behind the cat litter tray :/ ). So much more satisfying to look at, hold, and use old things that a bit of thought went into the design of.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Orange flavour twirls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Orange flavour twirls :)

Back in the day there was only Terry's chocolate orange at Christmas time, now I see loads of orange bars. Long may it continue

cjmc wrote: »
    Back in the day there was only Terry's chocolate orange at Christmas time, now I see loads of orange bars. Long may it continue

Not keen on orange flavour choc. but mint? WOW

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fry's Orange Cream... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

I like chocolate.

Listening to Mrs S reading The Chronicles of Narnia to two grandchildren.

I like chocolate.

Like is too mild a word!

Listening to my cat, who has not had an easy week, snoring quietly on the bed beside me.. Blissful sound,. as the sky darkens and evening settles its warm blanket gently over the land.

Graces7 wrote:
    Like is too mild a word!

I **** chocolate.

• Advertisement

I **** chocolate.

Oh.. Kay!

My double-pregnant best friend has reached halfway through her 3rd trimester. Where are my pompoms? :) Failing that where's my crochet hook...I'm gonna make some tiny wool things, in duplicate ♡♡
    She just nearly killed me laughing by telling me she's been diagnosed with a condition called Lightning Crotch!
    *Its sore at times but she's safe and feeling fine today .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Listening to Mrs S reading The Chronicles of Narnia to two grandchildren.

It should be essential reading for all. I was given a copy of The Magician's Nephew when I was 7. I was hooked there and then. I bought the set a few years ago.

Sweet silence after days and nights of strong winds and gales. Bliss fully happily peaceful.

Very very happy that when I went out with the shovel to remove the large dead rat I had found by the gate, IT HAD GONE!
    My cats always ensure I see their prowess then clear it away?

Bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Graces7 wrote: »
    Very very happy that when I went out with the shovel to remove the large dead rat I had found by the gate, IT HAD GONE!
    My cats always ensure I see their prowess then clear it away?

Bless!
    You do know they probably have left the rat at the back door so you think they caught it

cjmc wrote: »
    You do know they probably have left the rat at the back door so you think they caught it

I KNOW they caught it! When I came here, they caught one every day there; an ancient rat run,, \One was\ cat sized. Only one door also.... Maybe the postman removed it..My oldest cat spends hours by the run waiting and hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Last Christmas at the cinema on Friday

VERY very happy the invasion of large cattle AT MY DOOR has gone.! Ii is that time of year when some farmers make the most of every last blade of grass before they go in for the winter... Finding my drive, path and garden full of them was not to my liking... Eaten my few vegetables, grass and plants... Had this with sheep in various rentals. First time for cattle... Made a call or two.... Not checking my garden any more today...Upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Watching a video of animals playing in muddy puddles

Advertisement