Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies decide: Best sporting moments (nominations closed, knockout ongoing)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Japan it was so unexpected and exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

6-4 to Japan currently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Japan. And because I missed the nominations, someone better have put Derek Redmond 92 Olympics in, as that's the correct answer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Donegal

There was something about those Northern teams winning All Irelands in the early 90's. They seemed to revel in it more than those from the south.

• Advertisement

Japan make it through

Munster's miracle match against Gloucester, did they really find the tactics book in the back of a cab?

V

The big breakthrough in 2009, O'Gara's drop goal in Cardiff to win the glam slam after 60 years

No real contest here even for Munster fans
    O’Gara & co

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Since I have to choose between one eggball event and another, I suppose it has to be O'Gara

Munster's win here.

The height of the challenge was greater in their game than in the Welsh match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Dropgoal in Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Glad I missed the last round. I'm a Donegal fan and I was at the Japan match!

Clearly the grand slam for this one. I still remember their kick hanging for ever and then falling short

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

The Wales game for me...

The Welsh game.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wales for me! Still smile thinking of ROG face and swinging arms after it went over.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Grand Slam. Then Bernard Dunne went on to win the World Title that night in the boxing. Savage day.

So Irish ROG demolishes Munster ROG to advance

Next up

Cameroon and their flag dancing striker Roger Milla, loved these guys. The "tackling" of Canaggia was pure sh!thousery of the highest order

V

Another grand slam, this time it seemed at lot easier, once we got over France that is

I’m going to go for Cameroon here, I find it very hard to identify with this Irish team.

Italia 90 was the first World Cup I watched and Cameroon were amazing, could easily have beaten England that year too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,322 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'm sure I'm on a loser here but I loved Milla and that Cameroon team in what was the first World Cup I fully got into.

• Advertisement

England, not often we beat them at home let alone get the slam.

Has to be Cameroon. I love it when a new team lights up the world cup, but this team, along with Ireland are the abiding memories of Italia 90. Aside from the filthy tackles, they played some decent football, with Roger Milla as their superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Rugby slam

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Seeing Brazil lose home to Germany was great.

Das Reich wrote: »

Already eliminated. It’s a head to head comp

Currently Ireland’s Grand Slam 2018 edition V Roger Milla and Cameron Italia 90

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Roger Milla's antics probably influenced a whole generation of kids in his country and continent. The flag dance was iconic in and of itself. Cameroon for me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cameroon, rugby bores me to tears, whereas Roger Milla and co were a joy to watch.

Das Reich wrote: »

David Luiz crying at the end was the icing on the cake

Cameroon, by a disinterested whisker.

• Advertisement

Cameroon on the brink 6-2

Advertisement