Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Yes you need 2 torx screw drivers, T8 and T10. Should be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks, just checked mine and it has T6 and T8.

So I'll have to source a T10 then separately! Better than buying a whole new kit I guess 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

When I first saw that post, I thought you were talking about the box the controller came in.

The heat is getting to me.

Someone help me!!!

My controller is trapped inside a box and I can't play my games!!! 😆

I was certain I remember not having to use one of the screw drivers, so I looked it up and sure enough it seems you only need the T8. Here's a guide: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Microsoft+Xbox+Series+X+Pulse+Controller+Thumbsticks+Replacement/150065

T10 must be for other parts possibly. Or I was just ripped off and sold a screw driver I didn't need 😀

Yikes!! And again I am misleading you, apologies! Read the guide in the link it says if you have stick drift then this is not the right guide.

At this point I'll stay quiet other than to say ifixit should have a suitable guide for you if you search it.

I didn't jave stick drift, my issue was a very wobble thumb stick in my Elite 1. I did my own hack and put some insulation tape around it and it tightened it up like new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I got one of these recently. Wired, so no battery anxiety and the buttons seem softer than the official controller which I find hard and maybe even causing me some kind of RSI.

Will see how I get on.

8Bitdo Ultimate Wired Controller for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Windows 10 & Windows 11 (White) (Xbox Series X/)

No worries @[Deleted User] I'll find a guide somewhere!

Just want to clean the back of my analogue sticks, to stop them sticking slightly left or right!

I'm not sure if that's called stick drift, but I think it is 😁

Also, another thing with that controller I mentioned is that you can set the dead zones on the analogue sticks and remap buttons etc etc with an app you can install on your phone.

Funny - this configuration is done via Bluetooth, so the wired controller actually could do a wireless connection to the Xbox ... But reasons beyond my understanding make this not so.

Think it's just power @SuperBowserWorld !

Without the usb connection, there's no power otherwise, right?

Also just seeing your post there, as ours overlapped!

I really like that controller actually!

I have one of their Xbox style android controllers for xcloud and it's a solid unit.

I think I like the black version a tiny bit more too 🙂

EDIT: Nevermind, the black one doesn't have offset analogue sticks, I don't think that'd work for me! 😁

• Advertisement

@marcbrophy They have a ton of controllers. There is a black version of the one I posted with offset analogue sticks.

Edit it's more expensive at the moment

Yep, wonder how much it'd cost to add a battery compartment though.

Cool, thanks! I had the wrong one altogether! 😆

Would probably bring it up to the same cost as an official wireless one, then there's no real value for going 3rd party.

But I agree, should be an option!

Seriously thinking of getting Control Ultimate Edition for 12 quid in the sale at the moment. Played the original in GamePass and loved it. 60 FPS and extra DLC will go nicely on the super quiet Series X ! Also, saves don't transfer over, so I'll have to start from scratch. Cool !

Would love to get AC Valhalla for the Ireland DLC. But that's very expensive at the moment. I'd expect it to be 25 quid for the gold edition in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

It's electronic shops u need to be going to. And get it in a spray can ,not a bottle of liquid.

https://gleanntronics.ie/en/products/99-8-isopropyl-alcohol-kontakt-ipa-plus-60ml-aerosol-83.html?query_id=2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Full Discord voice integration rolling out for Insiders from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The Subway level in Powerwash Simulator is testing me. It's huge! I've spent nearly an hour already and only about 1/3 done. I actually stopped for a while after spending 20 minutes to clean a small section of it. And I have the top washer. Still, there seems to be a connected story going on, and I feel like I'm somewhat involved in a conspiracy with the mayor... I kinda want to see that play out. Makes this one slightly different to all the other sims which were just jobs. CMS21 kinda had it with a few returning customers, but this picks it up a notch.

I someday hope to have a "Simulator World" game, where it's one massive map with each of these sim games taking up a section of it. Like, Powerwash Sim would pair really well with CMS, and would tie in well with Lawnmower sim too, all of which could be part of a bigger House Flipper. Day job in the lawnmower/powerwash business, night job as a mechanic, build up your companies and take over the map...

I'm the laughing stock of the house at the moment. I hurt my wrist pretty badly powerwashing for too long.....in a video game 🤣

I don't recommend playing this for too long on the Kishi controller. I only stopped when my fingers went numb.

Yeah, I've noticed a bit of strain myself with this, not sure what it is. Not a fan of the standard SX controller though, very hard overall.

Finished the Subway, got into a groove and finished it quicker than expected, but the longest one by far!

I'm on the last house and noticed I haven't had any achievements since the first "getting started". Took a look at true achievements and bloody hell that's really annoying, achievements like clean all the stones first, clean the gutters last etc. **** like this annoys me so much it puts me off playing. I don't mind achievements like this as extras for achievement hunters, but there's nothing more annoying than not being rewarded for normal progression through the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Reminds me of playing Perfect Dark Zero many years ago on the 360. I got 5 GS for playing the game. To this day I still only have 5 GS for that game. That was one tight ass game for gamerscore. I think the rest were for online play which I never done.

How long do the free trial weekends usually last for? WWE 2K22 was listed as 28th of July to the 31st but I'm still playing it tonight.

EDIT - Lost access at midnight.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just in time! Finished the career last night. Really like how they ended it, big job but rewarding, and the credits were very good with a catchy relevant tune. Never thought I'd be saying the story is "good" in a sim game...

Just something I'd noticed over the last week or so and tried to figure out yesterday!

I'm not sure if it's insider builds only or what, but I've been seeing the warning triangle on a few of my game installs!

This thingy ⚠

What it means it that while you have the game installed, you don't have any ownership of the game from the Xbox digital store.

So, you might have downloaded XGP games in the past that have left the service and now you can't actually play these without buying them or hoping they come back into XGP!

This is handy in a way, I was able to delete lots of titles that I never bought, but were there from early XGP days!

What I did find weird though, is it also shows up on your disc games that you have installed.

You don't have ownership of these from the digital store, so that's how they present. I find this weird!

For instance, I bought the gold edition of AC Valhalla. I own all the extra content from the store digitally, just not the base game!

The triangle sits there taunting me on this game I most certainly own haha!

TL;DR

⚠ means that you don't own digital rights to this install! You may own the disc version!

Yeah the icons are an insider update. You're supposes to see a disc icon if you own the disc. But I suppose that's why it's an insider build, expect bugs.

Oh I see, cool!

I did see the disc icon on the one that I do have a disc for in my machine, but only that one.

If it's meant to show the disc icon on other games that I own physically, then that makes more sense 😊

Really enjoying AC Origins on GamePass which looks stunning on XBox Series X. Way better than Odyssey for me.

Also got Assassin's Creed Unity for about 2 euro on eneba. First time I'd used them.

So, this is 60 FPS on XBox Series X, with all the bug fixes and updates thanks to work done by MS. PS5 version only runs at 60FPS if you install off disk and do not install any updates (so no fixes etc). I think this game was a mess technically when it came out, but the updates + 60FPS + 2 quid is an easy pick 😃 So, now it's a much better game.

Had a quick spin. Looks lovely, lower resolution than Origins, but still looks beautiful.

I know people hate on these games, but I find them very relaxing and easy to dip in and out of. Plus I love the historical aspect to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Probably a massive shot in the dark but is there anywhere in Ireland that does trade ups from series S to X or what would the best way to go about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GameStop give €150/€157.50/€165/€172.50 trade depending on your card level. Cex give you a massive €64 cash or ~€90 trade for one. You'd best sell it on Adverts and grab a Series X separately than a trade atm.

Advertisement