Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Flight simulator is available to fully download now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

MS Flight Sim

Xbox killer app

Yep. The reason I got a series x and the cheap gamepass ultimate offer. Hopefully it clicks with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It won't unlock until next week though, right?

Still, better to have it downloaded and ready to go 😁

Left my series x with a "dust cover" on it (sheet of paper) while playing about 2 hours of Skyrim. Forgot to take it off. Doh!

Think it's ok. Was a bit hot afterwards. What an idiot. I'm sure it's got in built temp protector ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

There is a built in heat protector, well there was deffo on the One X as I triggered it a few times.

Cool! Phew!

Getting sucked into Skyrim in 60 FPS 4K and HDR. For "free" on GamePass. What a game! With all the DLCs too. And hardly any bugs.

All good things come to those who wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have had mine shut down once, which I assumed was either heat or a crash. Yours probably didn't because the fan should be more than capable of lifting a sheet of paper a bit so the air could escape.

Hopefully no long term damage to my precious 🙂 Have a few games I need to get through. Skyrim, Hades and Flight Sim spring to mind on GamePass. And then Witcher 3 when the free next gen upgrade comes out. That lot should keep me quiet for the next year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I had the elite controller case sitting on top of the Series X for a while which I finally copped on to, again no harm done. I can't believe how quiet the console is, I don't have a very good setup as I've had to raise everything quite high so the toddlers don't pull the TV down on top of them, so the console is out of the way behind the TV and you would generally have no idea its there. Don't think I've ever been aware of the noise. Between the speed everything works at, how good the games look, quick resume, managing the console remotely, and of course Game Pass I continue to be extremely impressed by the Series X I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I just got my Series X and of course Game pass. Blown away by the amount of games to play and I have not gamed on consoles in at least 2 years so am playing catchup.

Right now have downloaded Halo MCC, GTA V, Forza Horizon 4 and Doom Eternal. But I have selected over 30 games for download.

Is Cyberpunk still a mess or is it worth buying for the eventual next gen patch ? Also thinking I would like to play Mass Effect trilogy again and Legendary looks pretty good.

I am most looking forward to the Diablo II remaster though, but will also play through Diablo III once again.

What's the story about storage expansion. The 1TB Seagate add in nvme card looks very expensive. Is there alternatives that give more storage and allow you to run your game directly from the drive or are we stuck with the official add in card ?

<Edit> I just found this. Seems like you need to go the official route if you want to play Xbox Series X games directly from the drive. Alternative SSD's work in compatibility mode or are useful for moving games back and forth.

https://www.windowscentral.com/best-ssds-xbox-series-x-series-s

The Ascent seems to be getting fairly polarising reviews today. A lot of very averages and a few excellents. Sounds like it might need a few patches for bugs etc but looks fun. Pretty good for a studio of 12 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Definitely going to give it a go, but as you say might just wait a little bit to see if they update it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Remote play is coming back for PCs, starting with Xbox Insiders. 1080p quality, even outside your home. The Xbox App is getting an update that'll enable it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Was going to include this in my last post, but decided it might be best to have it's own post for it. I'm thinking of closing the old Xbox One General Chat thread, and renaming this one to be just Xbox General Chat. Yay or Nay? I'm not seeing any down side really, maybe there's a possibility of Xbox One posts getting drowned out, but we weren't that busy, even before the boards migration.

What say you all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Makes sense to me. With traffic down so much, I don't see a problem amalgamating some of the threads.

Looking forward to Disco Elysium coming to Xbox. It has a summer 2021 release window so I presume it'll be in the next couple of weeks. Hoping that it might launch on Gamepass!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would be great if that went into gamepass, I keep putting it off until it gets cheaper in the steam sales but it hasn't been dropping in price much.

I have been experiencing some video glitching when quick resuming on an xbox series x while playing Witcher 3 and was wondering if anyone else was getting it? The screen will flicker with a complete loss of signal for an instant and occasional brief flickers of what looks like reverse colours:

That is an example of what the brief flickers look like.

The TV is a new LG. It seems it might have something to do with HDR, because it seems it can be fixed by turning HDR off then on again. I realise that makes it sound like it's a TV problem, but since it only happens after a quick resume, there definitely seems to be something not quite right in the signal from the Xbox end.

If it's only this game ...

free next gen version upgrade soon.

I'm waiting for that before I play this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone play children of morta on gamepass ? Dived into it during the week and I am hooked !

Hades finally out. Bit disappointed tbh. I suppose I've been around long enough to have played this type of game many times. I was expecting something more like Diablo, I probably should have watched a YouTube video before hyping it up in my head.

Decent enough fun game, but that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Depends if you like roguelites, it really opens up after a few runs, the voice acting in it is stellar too.

Wired version of the Xbox headset inbound.

Quake is on gamepass today. Possibly right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can confirm, €9.99 if you don't have Game Pass.

Includes both expansions and 2 new ones by Machine Games. Also has mod support like the Unity ports of classic Doom, the first of which available is Quake 64.

I remember people playing Quake and Doom during their lunch breaks on their work PCs with 286/386 processors, Windows 3.1 and RAM and HD's measured in low MBs.

Is anyone here overly bothered about the lack of co op campaign or forge on release for Halo infinite?

• Advertisement

Advertisement