Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Internet speeds?

Got a new router from virgin lately.
    Should be on 250mbps.

Laptop wired to router is 250mbps
    WiFi on the phone in room is currently 241mbps

But download speed in wired Xbox1S in the 'test network speed' widget is 92mbps.
    Is this to be expected?

My gigabit Virgin shows 1081mbps download speed. Usually get about half that when actually downloading, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

hots wrote: »
    I've got it on the B button... maybe twice an hour it'll stick

Sometimes the button stick is just a bit of dirt that may be wedged in there. Cut a straw down the middle and rotate it around the button between the casing and the button often solves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

My rt has started to stick, very annoying on a controller that's 3 months old

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    My rt has started to stick, very annoying on a controller that's 3 months old

It happens the same to my controller, RB button gets stuck ... Is anyone familiar with the replacement process?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think that is dust blow into the gaps and see if it stops sticking.

edit: I'm talking about the trigger sticking two posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Any Irish Sea of Thieves players on here. Need to start doing tall tales and need folk who wont be standing cooking fish when the ship is sinking

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

My RT sticks as well, but only on PES where I'm constantly holding it in to sprint. I just assume it's moisture from my hands/the air getting in since the gaps around the triggers are rather large.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Same with me on my RT from the intense pressing of it playing FIFA.

The sticking has resolved itself but I'm left with a proper clacking noise probably due to the 'pad' inside the trigger having moved somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What's everyone playing at the moment on the Xbox?

I've been dipping in and out of a few different games depending on time and mood.

Hellblade - think I'm about half way through this and loving it, pretty intense and dark but definitely worth playing.

AC Valhalla - dipping in and out of this for something a little less intense, my first AC game since AC 3 really and enjoying it at the moment, not sure if I'll get around to finishing it but definitely nice to pick up and play for 30 mins.

Destiny - This is bit of a staple, I jump in and out of this regularly just for some easy switch my brain off shooting.

Next on the list is probably Fallen Order and The Medium I think and maybe some MCC for some multiplayer fun. Really spoiled for choice with Gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

DeSelby83 wrote: »

I've been dipping in and out of a few different games depending on time and mood.

Hellblade - think I'm about half way through this and loving it, pretty intense and dark but definitely worth playing.

AC Valhalla - dipping in and out of this for something a little less intense, my first AC game since AC 3 really and enjoying it at the moment, not sure if I'll get around to finishing it but definitely nice to pick up and play for 30 mins.

Destiny - This is bit of a staple, I jump in and out of this regularly just for some easy switch my brain off shooting.

Next on the list is probably Fallen Order and The Medium I think and maybe some MCC for some multiplayer fun. Really spoiled for choice with Gamepass.

Fallen Order mostly, think I'm nearly finished it.
    Control
    Hellblade ,play with headphones on the sound is amazing.
    The odd game of Fifa for afootball fix, although its Fifa 20 as I had stop playing Ultimate team when I stood back and looked at it, horrible game mode that genuinely has bad effects on people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wondering if anyone can tell me if I have some setting incorrect.

We have two Xboxes here in the house. On the first Xbox, I set it up with my account. It is my account that has purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I added my son's account to this Xbox and he can play all the games.

On the second Xbox, it is the same setup. I set up the Xbox with my account and then added my son after that. But on this second Xbox, if my son logs in it asks him to join Xbox Live and won't let him play online. He needs switch to my account and then back to his account to be allowed to play the game (Fortnite).

This is not an issue on the first Xbox we setup. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wondering if anyone can tell me if I have some setting incorrect.

We have two Xboxes here in the house. On the first Xbox, I set it up with my account. It is my account that has purchased Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I added my son's account to this Xbox and he can play all the games.

On the second Xbox, it is the same setup. I set up the Xbox with my account and then added my son after that. But on this second Xbox, if my son logs in it asks him to join Xbox Live and won't let him play online. He needs switch to my account and then back to his account to be allowed to play the game (Fortnite).

This is not an issue on the first Xbox we setup. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is this normal?

The first console is set as your Home console. All accounts on this console can use purchases and subscriptions on your account. All subsequent consoles require you to be signed in to access your licences.

I would set the console your son uses the most as your Home console, this can be changed 5 times over a rolling 12 month period in the Personalisation settings.

It will be changing soon that F2P games like Fortnite and Destiny 2 will no longer require a Gold subscription to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The first console is set as your Home console. All accounts on this console can use purchases and subscriptions on your account. All subsequent consoles require you to be signed in to access your licences.

I would set the console your son uses the most as your Home console, this can be changed 5 times over a rolling 12 month period in the Personalisation settings.

It will be changing soon that F2P games like Fortnite and Destiny 2 will no longer require a Gold subscription to play online.

Fortnite won't need gold anymore? Proof? I only have gold for that game.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Fortnite won't need gold anymore? Proof? I only have gold for that game.

It was announced alongside the reversal in doubling the cost of Gold.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Gastric Apple

Probably paranoid here - but anyone else’s Series X “popping” intermittently during normal use? Guess it’s the plastic just contracting with the heat - but never experienced with an Xbox console before (that I’ve noticed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

It was announced alongside the reversal in doubling the cost of Gold.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

Read that as well. Yet when I downloaded fortnite there for the xbox when trying to log in just bounces me back and comes up choose the plan that's right for you. Xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate. So it's making me pick one of them, so looks like making you pay for one, if you hit no thanks and try it again same deal bounces you back to that page to pick one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Desperadoes 3, brilliant and few on Game Pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Probably paranoid here - but anyone else’s Series X “popping” intermittently during normal use? Guess it’s the plastic just contracting with the heat - but never experienced with an Xbox console before (that I’ve noticed).

Can't hear anything from it and I'm paranoid about this stuff.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Read that as well. Yet when I downloaded fortnite there for the xbox when trying to log in just bounces me back and comes up choose the plan that's right for you. Xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate. So it's making me pick one of them, so looks like making you pay for one, if you hit no thanks and try it again same deal bounces you back to that page to pick one of them.

F2P games are not excluded from the gold requirement yet.
    For free-to-play games, you will no longer need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play those games on Xbox. We are working hard to deliver this change as soon as possible in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

F2P games are not excluded from the gold requirement yet.

Ahhh deadly. Sorry I thought was done already. Will keep an eye on it, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Got my X set p over weekend, few games in stalled but the game changer is instant resume for me... that is just brilliant. Also game load times drastically reduced for F1 2019 and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Changing the batteries in my controller causes it to disconnect from the xbox and not re-sync. Is this a known issue that they are working on? Only way to fix it is to plug out the Xbox.

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Changing the batteries in my controller causes it to disconnect from the xbox and not re-sync. Is this a known issue that they are working on? Only way to fix it is to plug out the Xbox.

Have never had that issue myself, and I'd be switching out rechargeables regularly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »

Make sure that your controllers firmware is up to date. Something similar was happening to me near release, but it's been very steady since.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Make sure that your controllers firmware is up to date. Something similar was happening to me near release, but it's been very steady since.

Yep, not obvious that the controllers need updating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

YoshiSays wrote: »
    Yep, not obvious that the controllers need updating too.

Just figured that out myself the other day when trying to find a setting to turn my headset mic on. Would have thought it should be something you get a notification on when new firmware comes out or even and auto update.

Yep, the xbox should check the version of your controllers and tell you it needs to update them and ... update them.

Just bought my first ever Xbox (Series X) so thought I'd say hi. Gamepass Ultimate is pretty unreal.

Just bought my first ever Xbox (Series X) so thought I'd say hi. Gamepass Ultimate is pretty unreal.

Have a read of the
    "Sticky: ***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******"
    thread.

If you've bought GPU without this deal, you can avail of this deal after your GPU expires.

• Advertisement

I'm finding download speeds from GamePass are around 20mbps when a speed test shows download speeds of 200mbps.

Do I need to change settings or something? I recall changing some settings on PS4 to speed it up. Games are taking forever to download.

Edit: Never mind, I had another gamepass game open.

Advertisement