Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Just finished Gears 1 ultimate edition on series X . My first time playing and finishing a gears game . What a game ! Iv one act played now on 2 . I was afraid it wouldn't hold up because it isn't remastered but it actually plays better ! Graphics not as good but I don't care . First halo could do with a magic brush

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

brady12 wrote: »
    Just finished Gears 1 ultimate edition on series X . My first time playing and finishing a gears game . What a game ! Iv one act played now on 2 . I was afraid it wouldn't hold up because it isn't remastered but it actually plays better ! Graphics not as good but I don't care . First halo could do with a magic brush

Gears 1 is the reason I bought a 360 after falling out of gaming for a few years. Still holds up as one of my favourites. That trilogy is good tbf. I could take or leave 4 and 5 - and completely forget about the one you play as Baird and I can't even think of the name.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Has anyone found the new USB-C Play & Charge kit in stock anywhere? It seems to have been out of stock forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

stevenmu wrote: »
    Has anyone found the new USB-C Play & Charge kit in stock anywhere? It seems to have been out of stock forever.

I managed to get it from Littlewoods about 3 weeks ago, and Smyths had it in stock at the start of last week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

theteal wrote: »
    Gears 1 is the reason I bought a 360 after falling out of gaming for a few years. Still holds up as one of my favourites. That trilogy is good tbf. I could take or leave 4 and 5 - and completely forget about the one you play as Baird and I can't even think of the name.

Judgement. I actually thought it was a decent game. I know it was a different setup compared to previous Gears games as they tallied up a score of how you done after each level.

• Advertisement

If you can't get hold of that you should tey 2500 mAh duracell rechargeables. I've been using mine since Christmas and they are still at 80%. I'd be a casual gamer but have put in some all day sessions in there too. Absolutely amazed at the performance of these batteries in the new Series X controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Unpopular opinion probably, but I've found Gears dull as dishwater to go back to. Loved blasting through the original trilogy with a mate, but gave 5 and Gears Ultimate Edition a bash since getting a Series S and they bored me to tears. They're really...I don't know...Xbox. Strange thing to say, I know. But really Xbox, and without the colour and extended lore of the Halo universe. All muddy browns and beefy boys and hurdy gurdy testosterone with no deviation whatsoever.

To be fair, though, I've got a limited attention span with linear games based on action set pieces so I'm totally not the audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone having intermittent issues with the controller just deciding it doesnt like being in a committed relationship with the series x and decided to disconnect itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Calhoun wrote:
    Anyone having intermittent issues with the controller just deciding it doesnt like being in a committed relationship with the series x and decided to disconnect itself?

Yeah happened me few times over last few days. Apparently a known issue they are working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Microsoft store seem to have them in stock. I ordered a controller from them a few weeks back and it was no hassle with delivery and that.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-one-play-charge-kit/8tzdq3k9f52m

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Kantes wrote: »
    Microsoft store seem to have them in stock. I ordered a controller from them a few weeks back and it was no hassle with delivery and that.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-one-play-charge-kit/8tzdq3k9f52m

Thanks, that's the older model though not the USB-C one, I'd need a seperate cable, and I'd prefer to get both in one if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Thanks, that's the older model though not the USB-C one, I'd need a seperate cable, and I'd prefer to get both in one if possible.
    Ah whoops! The USB-C ones seem to be plentiful in Argos but of course limited to being able to get to one, they won't deliver them.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Is there any really good headset that will work on the X and Ps5? Don't care about mic really only want the best sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is there any really good headset that will work on the X and Ps5? Don't care about mic really only want the best sound.

Pretty much any wired headset will work on both, just connect to the controller.

Wireless there are 3 options, the Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox, Steelseries Arctis 7x and Astro A20 Gen2(requires purchase of 2nd dongle).

The 2 Steelseries are €120 and €180 respectively and are basically the same headset with different headbands and mics, both of these also work wirelessly on Switch.

The Astros are €120 and comes with a dongle for PS or Xbox, you need to buy the opposite dongle to the one packaged with the headset and costs an additional €20 to work on both formats. Headset needs to be resynched when swapping platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Does anyone else's controller regularly disconnect from the Series X. I have to unplug batteries and then unplug the console too to get it back.

Also while I'm here does anyone else use SteelSeries headphones and find that when you turn them on it turns on the console?

Vudgie wrote: »
    Does anyone else's controller regularly disconnect from the Series X. I have to unplug batteries and then unplug the console too to get it back.

Also while I'm here does anyone else use SteelSeries headphones and find that when you turn them on it turns on the console?

The controller is a known issue that MS are looking into.

The Arctis 9x headset turning on the console etc been fixed now. Connect the headset to your pc to get the latest firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The controller is a known issue that MS are looking into.

The Arctis 9x headset turning on the console etc been fixed now. Connect the headset to your pc to get the latest firmware.

Thanks, I did that firmware update before Christmas and it appeared to fix it but its happening again now.

I will try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Vudgie wrote: »
    Thanks, I did that firmware update before Christmas and it appeared to fix it but its happening again now.

I will try it again.

I have had the headset show the same problems a few times since the update. A restart of the console normally fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My pulse red controller has been dispatched today :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    My pulse red controller has been dispatched today :cool:

Do official Xbox controllers go on sale often ?
    Or is it good to grab one if you see a good deal ?
    Smyths had them for 45 quid before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Definitely interested in those but will wait for performance reviews. Might end up being worth spending a bit extra for a better headset

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Definitely interested in those but will wait for performance reviews. Might end up being worth spending a bit extra for a better headset

15 hours battery life doesn’t seem great to me so will be interesting to see what the reviews say about real life battery performance

They look pretty decent at that price. Dolby Atmos, noise reduction, auto mute, Bluetooth connection for phone calls/music etc - this feature especially you'd have to go for an expensive headset normally to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

15 hours battery life doesn’t seem great to me so will be interesting to see what the reviews say about real life battery performance

How is 15 hours battery life bad for a €99 headset?
    Turtle Beach is the same.

I think it's a feature packed headset for the price.

murpho999 wrote: »
    How is 15 hours battery life bad for a €99 headset?
    Turtle Beach is the same.

I think it's a feature packed headset for the price.

They claim 15, I’d be surprised if it’s more than 13. I don’t think that’s great, even for a 100 quid headset

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They claim 15, I’d be surprised if it’s more than 13. I don’t think that’s great, even for a 100 quid headset

I've been get between 8 to 10 hours on the PS5 Pulse headset so even at 13 hours it'd be longer than the same Sony headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm sure if they claim 15 then you'll get 15.

I find the opposite than you with batteries , especially on phones as an example.

Either way I fail to see how 13 hours would be deemed bad. You'd never be wearing it that long that you couldn't charge it.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm sure if they claim 15 then you'll get 15.

I find the opposite than you with batteries , especially on phones as an example.

Either way I fail to see how 13 hours would be deemed bad. You'd never be wearing it that long that you couldn't charge it.

As I said above, it doesn’t seem great to me. In fact, I think it’s disappointing and for that reason I won’t be buying. In this day and age, I won’t buy any headphones that don’t have a claimed 20 hour or more battery life

Advertisement