Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

rm212 wrote: »
    I hope I didn't balls myself up but I put in another fresh order from the Irish store (it's available there again too) so that I could bundle the Shock Blue controller with it and save 30%. It was confirmed so I cancelled my separate orders.

I had the Series X + Shock Blue controller for 500 and 60 separately, got them both in one for 548 now. Small saving of 12 quid I know, but every little helps :D My previous order was still sitting there without being charged anyway so it didn't look like it was ready to be sent anytime soon, I tried all the tricks to make it charge me.

Just got charged for my new, fresh order I made under 30 mins ago!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dunworth1 wrote: »
    a guy on Reddit in Portugal received his series X this morning from ups

they have taken the money for mine this morning

MS can be so amateurish when it comes to shipping physical stuff, this reminds me of the time they mistakenly sent me two surface books instead of the one that I ordered. :p

Sometimes you win the MS Lottery, other times you lose and they put the wrong Eircode on your order :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

Limpar wrote: »
    Just switched my pre-order from Gamestop to MS.
    Do you normally receive Rewards points for console orders? Should be a decent amount?

I have been told we do, a nice handy 10000 so il be getting a 25 quid discount off a new controller

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Very tempted to go with Microsoft but already traded in One x and fully paid up with gamestop wish the b$#rds would get back to me, not a single email about this despite ordering on 22nd in morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

rm212 wrote: »
    Just got charged for my new, fresh order I made under 30 mins ago!

Same. With all the assing around with gamestop can't quite believe that this appeared up this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

I have also ordered one on MS Ireland store.

How does one go about cancelling a Gamestop order? Do you have to send an email? Doesn't appear to be an option to cancel on the order page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

recyclops wrote: »
    I have been told we do, a nice handy 10000 so il be getting a 25 quid discount off a new controller

AFAIK it's only 1 point per € on hardware :(

AFAIK it's only 1 point per € on hardware :(

aww no i hope not, had a look on the site and did see this

***Excluded: Surface Hub; Xbox Live Gold memberships; subscriptions like Xbox Game Pass or EA Access; Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes; the purchase of in-game consumables, Xbox Gift Cards and Microsoft Gift Cards; items in punch card offers; and, items in special offers. Earn points for up to $20,000 (USD) in spending per year.***

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mr.S wrote: »
    The guy who got the Series X delivered says:

I assume he means external storage? I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my One S, so I can just plug this straight into the Series X and have most of my games ready to go? I thought I'd have to format and re-download.

Quick Resume / faster loading will only happen on the internal SSD though, right? (Or the official expansion cards)

Yes, you can just plug it out and in and it'll work.

Quick resume will actually work on an external as well, as the game state is saved to the internal SSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

One review I watched said to get the full experience including fast loading times you would have to transfer games onto the internal SSD, a normal USB external drive would be noticeably slower.

I can live with that as I aint paying them €250 for that 1TB memory card anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

recyclops wrote: »

So how to redeem points against new controllers etc? I should have 16000 points after getting the x and s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

fifth wrote: »
    Weird, my order status changed from Pending to Pre-ordered also.. but still haven't had the payment taken today. Delivery date 10th November (Microsoft store)

I'm the exact same. Order status is pre-ordered.
    Paid with a KBC bank credit card,

It's not showing up as a transaction on my account but the available credit balance has reduced by €499.99.

I rang KBC yesterday as I was afraid they would cancel it or something silly but lady in bank said she could see the transaction but it has not been drawn down yet by MS. So just seems to be pre-authorised.

I'd say it will be taken fully when actually shipped.

So it will be fine and I'm looking forward to playing the new console next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

One review I watched said to get the full experience including fast loading times you would have to transfer games onto the internal SSD, a normal USB external drive would be noticeably slower.

I can live with that as I aint paying them €250 for that 1TB memory card anyway!

It'll be quicker (for most) than downloading again anyway. So you can transfer games to SSD as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

Did you have to give a UK address?

Just went through the purchase screes but the "buy now" option is greyed out.

The billing address must be UK based I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I decided to cancel and reorder seeing as I hadn't been charged yet and I had loaded up store credit I got cheap, I was told by the support agents that there was no way to use the credit on my old order. The order I just placed used says Estimated delivery 10 November, the same as the old one and it has used the credit which will save me about €100, figured it was worth the chance of it being delayed for that kind of saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yes, you can just plug it out and in and it'll work.

Quick resume will actually work on an external as well, as the game state is saved to the internal SSD.

True but I would recommend that any game you are playing regularly should be moved to the SSD for the increased load times etc. I don't intend to run anything from the external. I will just move games to and from the external.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ZiabR wrote: »
    True but I would recommend that any game you are playing regularly should be moved to the SSD for the increased load times etc. I don't intend to run anything from the external. I will just move games to and from the external.

Digital Foundry found that if you external drive is an SSD, and you are running back compat games, then the difference between internal and external is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

wes wrote: »
    Digital Foundry found that if you external drive is an SSD, and you are running back compat games, then the difference between internal and external is minimal.

I would guess that 99% of people don't have a 2TB external SSD. We are talking about mechanical drives. Also the Series X has considerably slower USB ports than the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Somehow got an order in on the .ie Microsoft site. I went to the UK site - switched country to the Ireland and was able to order.

Cancelling my 'Join the queue' order with Gamestop now!

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    I would guess that 99% of people don't have a 2TB external SSD. We are talking about mechanical drives. Also the Series X has considerably slower USB ports than the PS5.

I currently have an external SSD, so that's useful info. Probably will still move games I'm playing regularly onto the internal anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I've just ordered an xbox series X off the microsoft irish store.

This may have been mentioned, If you go to the UK store, go to order the console and change the country it will bring you to the irish store where the console is in stock.

It's at the bottom left of the page to change country. Order through and email confirmation with me, delivery of 9/11

Yes, it has been 2mins ago! Haha

So how to redeem points against new controllers etc? I should have 16000 points after getting the x and s

i will redeem the points against a microsoft gift card then order the controller using that

Am I Evil? wrote: »

This may have been mentioned, If you go to the UK store, go to order the console and change the country it will bring you to the irish store where the console is in stock.

It's at the bottom left of the page to change country. Order through and email confirmation with me, delivery of 9/11

Sounds dodgy, its not even listed on the Irish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im still getting select a retailer what am i doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

I managed to somehow order it off the UK site, paying in sterling, even though my postal and billing addresses are both Irish.
    Status is pre-ordered, expected delivery 10/11 and there's now a pending charge on my PTSB account.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,960 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Also the Series X has considerably slower USB ports than the PS5.

Do you have a link to that? I would have imagined that the USB ports would be all similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Cyrus wrote: »

same here and only have gamestop or smyths to select and both say out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RB3anz

I managed to somehow order it off the UK site, paying in sterling, even though my postal and billing addresses are both Irish.
    Status is pre-ordered, expected delivery 10/11 and there's now a pending charge on my PTSB account.

Same here, ordered from the UK store earlier this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Cyrus wrote: »

Here's a link to the Irish site but it's out of stock again.

Advertisement