Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air pod noise cancelling

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone noticing “Hey Siri” not working only in quiet environments as opposed to when outside using the Airpod Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a set, Harvey Norman in Carrickmines have a heap of them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Bob24 wrote: »
    In short: the laws of physics and current battery technology mean that any true wireless earphones currently on the market will see significant battery life drop after 2-3 years of daily use.

This is basically due to the fact that the tiny batteries they are powered by tend to lose capacity much more than larger units in proportion to their initial capacity when subjected to regular charging cycles.

If you want to look for an APP competitor, the best contender is arguably the Sony WF-1000XM3 though - they have slightly larger batteries making them larger/heavier but giving better battery life and making them slightly less affected by the issue you are describing. But they will also be affected eventually, and if you don’t accept significant battery life reduction after 2-3 years of regular use, you unfortunately have no choice but to go either for a wired unit, for larger over ear wireless headphones, or for wireless earphones with a neckband (which contains a much larger and more durable battery).

Thought I’d drop an update on this. I actually went with the WF-1000X in the end. It was a no brainer in the end. €100 cheaper, superior sound etc. They’re really great. They come with lots of tips too so I was easily able to get them to fit my ears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Bought a pair in 2017 as an impulse purchase in the states for $159 which seemed pricey to me at the time and now can’t live without them.

Battery life is still ok but now the right one is acting up and has very low volume and none of the online fixes are working so am humming and hawing over paying the extra for the pros. Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

After using them for a week or so now, I like them. The stand out feature is transparency mode for me. It’s fantastic for when on calls, or walking listening to tunes. The noise cancelling is good too, it wouldn’t be replacing my QC35s on planes, but still great. The only (at a push thing that’s annoyed me is putting them in and taking them out of the case, it’s a bit finicky).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Totally agree transparency mode is actually the best feature of these to me. The noise cancelling is top notch for in-ear earphones but as you said won’t replace over the head headphones on long haul flights I regularly do a 10-12hour flights and from a pure comfort view QC25’s (which are still going strong 5 years) win out.

Advertisement