Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air pod noise cancelling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Dermoth wrote: »
    I have Bose QC35s. I used the new AirPods on a 10+ hour flight on Sunday and didn’t feel any need to switch to the Bose. I’m very happy with the purchase. Noise cancelling is really good. Stay in ears even if you want to get a bit of sleep. Pretty impressive battery life. I did pop into the case for recharge a couple of times when taking a break from the iPad.

How would you rate them vs the QC35s in terms of cancelling engine/vibrations noise?

(I understand you are happy with them, but would you say they are firmly in the same league as the Bose, or would you call them noticeably inferior but still good enough to make the flight experience more enjoyable?)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Bob24 wrote: »
    How would you rate them vs the QC35s in terms of cancelling engine/vibrations noise?

(I understand you are happy with them, but would you say they are firmly in the same league as the Bose, or would you call them noticeably inferior but still good enough to make the flight experience more enjoyable?)

Not noticeably inferior. Probably not quite as good but for ease of wearing, well worth the trade off. Wasn’t listening to music. Was watching Sky in the iPad. I’d need to compare to music for audio but for the purposes of that flight, I had the Bose beside me and never put them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I am finding that the noise cancellation is good but the overall sound quality doesn't appear to be a huge leap from the regular air pods....time will tell but so far I am happy with my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

Anyone have an order pending? I ordered on the 1st but still showing 18-25th as a delivery date, thought they’d arrive sooner than that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MM3 wrote: »
    Anyone have an order pending? I ordered on the 1st but still showing 18-25th as a delivery date, thought they’d arrive sooner than that...

Yeah, I ordered mine on the 31/10 and I currently have an estimated delivery time of 8-15th. I think its moved forward a couple of days from when I ordered though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

MM3 wrote: »

I just ordered mine on apples store app, showing early December for delivery, **** my life! Not sure why no shops here have them for sale yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

I just ordered mine on apples store app, showing early December for delivery, **** my life! Not sure why no shops here have them for sale yet!

Ok , l don’t feel so bad so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I’m going to Hong Kong next week and managed to order a set for collection on the 15th in an Apple store. I’m paranoid that it will get cancelled though as the payment section wouldn’t let me change the card address from Hong Kong to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Amazon are showing them as available to order and back in stock on the 9th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Amazon are showing them as available to order and back in stock on the 9th November.

It won't let me use my parcel motel address?

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    It won't let me use my parcel motel address?

Had the same issue with two other pairs of true wireless earphones before. They only seem to deliver them to mainland UK (might be that they don’t want to put them on a plane due to battery restrictions), thus not to Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard’s NI adresses.

If things haven’t changed AdressPal will work as their proxy address is in England.

Had the same issue with two other pairs of true wireless earphones before. They only seem to deliver them to mainland UK (might be that they don’t want to put them on a plane due to battery restrictions), thus not to Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard’s NI adresses.

If things haven’t changed AdressPal will work as their proxy address is in England.

Thanks for that, just signed up for address pal

Ordered from Amazon yesterday, just got a despatch notification

peteeeed wrote: »
    Ordered from Amazon yesterday, just got a despatch notification

Just used address pal in the states to order, works out about 40 euro cheaper than buying in ireland, not sure if customs will shaft me once it enters the country though!

Cancelled my apple order also.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Just used address pal in the states to order, works out about 40 euro cheaper than buying in ireland, not sure if customs will shaft me once it enters the country though!

Cancelled my apple order also.

You’ll be paying a good bit more than 40 quid in VAT and duty.

You’ll be paying a good bit more than 40 quid in VAT and duty.

Plus you might get questions if warranty service is needed. Should be fine but it’s another small risk.

With this and the risk of getting caught up with VAT and duty I’d personally stick with getting them here or elsewhere in Europe.

Plus you might get questions if warranty service is needed. Should be fine but it’s another small risk.

With this and the risk of getting caught up with VAT and duty I’d personally stick with getting them here or elsewhere in Europe.

Cheers lads il take a look in europe instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Cheers lads il take a look in europe instead!
    Yeah you're better off. For what it's worth I had to pay 35 quid import fees on something a good bit cheaper than these are.

Yeah you're better off. For what it's worth I had to pay 35 quid import fees on something a good bit cheaper than these are.

Grand thanks, guessing UK is still ok to order from as brexit crap hasnt happened yet?

Yep the problem is that you not only have to pay for VAT and duty (including on shipping costs which I think is a joke), but whoever processes the payment (FedEx, UPS, An Post ans so on) usually adds a fixed processing fee which ends up being pretty extortionate in proportion of a small VAT/duty amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just for anyone interested, compu B have a few in stock across their stores. I picked up a pair in dundrum this afternoon, they only had three pairs left.

First impressions are they're a better fit for me compared to the gen 2's. The noise cancelling is really nice too. Decent for office or home use I'd say. The main reason I bought them was for their water resistance as I do a lot of out door jogging.

I have a pair of qc35s that I don't think these would replace them for travelling, except maybe on short hauls where I don't want the bulk of the over ear headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

OREGATO wrote: »
    Just for anyone interested, compu B have a few in stock across their stores. I picked up a pair in dundrum this afternoon, they only had three pairs left.

How much are compu b charging?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tw0nk wrote: »
    How much are compu b charging?

Are they not normally the same as the Apple store?

kceire wrote: »
    Are they not normally the same as the Apple store?

Most of the time yes, but I think it has been the case a few times for them to charge a bit more as a way to get extra cash on hard to find products.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The noise cancelling is seriously impressive IMO. Have the Sony over ears and these shape up very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I’m very impressed with them. Noise cancellation was excellent on two flights I had last week.

Only thing is the fit is a bit unusual I find. I’ve tried the small tips and mediums but they are still falling out a bit. Never had that problem with the original AirPods. Might try the large tips and see how that goes.

I’m very impressed with them. Noise cancellation was excellent on two flights I had last week.

Only thing is the fit is a bit unusual I find. I’ve tried the small tips and mediums but they are still falling out a bit. Never had that problem with the original AirPods. Might try the large tips and see how that goes.

I did the test via Bluetooth in settings on iOS and the large tips passed, used them in the gym today and the noise cancellation shut out the rubbish gym music completely,45 mins on the treadmill and that didn't budge

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Just ordered them from CompuB as it said in stock for online orders - 1 day. I hope this is true as I cancelled my apple order.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Likewise, just ordered from CompuB. Apparently, should be delivered by Friday.

• Advertisement

Just got mine this morning, ordered on Thursday from the UK, looking forward to using them after reading all the comments!

Advertisement