Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air pod noise cancelling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Got mine yesterday, was crossing Dublin on foot, turned on noise cancelling. It's very strange experience, glad I bought them.

They do a good job on the bus too, the engine noise goes completly, I can still hear a little bit of background noise and I love that you can use noise cancelling without music for when I want to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kurn wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday, was crossing Dublin on foot, turned on noise cancelling. It's very strange experience, glad I bought them.

They do a good job on the bus too, the engine noise goes completly, I can still hear a little bit of background noise and I love that you can use noise cancelling without music for when I want to read.

i'm pretty sure after using them for a week i'm going to get knocked down

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I now have them for two weeks and I'm finding the experience largely positive re noise cancellation but I find the sound quality to be pretty ordinary.

After using them daily I am struggling to keep them in my ears regardless of which tips I use. I didn't have a problem with the previous air pods so it might just be bad luck. They have fallen into my lunch twice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Ordered a set yesterday morning from CompuB, delivered this afternoon. Great service.

First impression -- slightly more premium feel than original AirPods, a bit heavier and more sturdy feeling. Sound quality is miles better than old AirPods, but that wouldn't be difficult - the sound quality was always the weak point of an otherwise excellent product (ironic given that it was an audio product, after all.)

The sound quality sounds . . . pretty good. At least on par with any semi-decent in-ear headphones I've used before, like Beats X etc.

I'm pretty happy with these. Haven't really been out to read test them yet but my big problem with original AirPods was always that the seal was so poor that there was massive ingress of sound. Great quality in a quiet room but walk in the street with traffic going by and you couldn't hear a thing. Although I am slightly deaf so that might have been an issue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

On my pods, I noticed, I can see the glue or whatever material they used to stitch the two parts together, it's probably fine, but makes them look a bit cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Kurn wrote: »
    On my pods, I noticed, I can see the glue or whatever material they used to stitch the two parts together, it's probably fine, but makes them look a bit cheap.

Mine are the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Not a massive discount, but there is 14 euros off them for Black Friday at compub: https://www.compub.com/music/airpods/apple-airpods-pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Odd question but how low does the volume go on these!? I’ve a pair of Oneplus wireless headphones and the minimum volume is quite loud as I sleep with them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭larry1

Stocks very low nationwide and also a long delivery period. Need a set for a Xmas gift, anyone know where I could get them? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

I think people have too much money if they spend 250 euros on these. Battery life will be dismal after 2 years. Would be different if they never degraded.
    I have tiso i5's for little over 20 euro. love them. It's comsumer choice. I'm not trying to troll people. I guess I have it against apple as I used to be a strong fan but now all I see is a company squeezing schekels out of their customers whichever way they can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I think people have too much money if they spend 250 euros on these. Battery life will be dismal after 2 years. Would be different if they never degraded.
    I have tiso i5's for little over 20 euro. love them. It's comsumer choice. I'm not trying to troll people. I guess I have it against apple as I used to be a strong fan but now all I see is a company squeezing schekels out of their customers whichever way they can

I’ve a set up AirPods just under 2 years old and the battery life is still great on them. Used almost every day for those two years as well and I honestly can’t say the battery is in any way terrible. I haven’t noticed a noticeable drop to be honest. Still last at least a full week with at least 5 days use of that week. I upgraded to the Pro version and the battery life is lasting only slightly longer, despite being brand new.

For you 250 is too much for earphones, for others 50 is too much. You get what you pay for, show me a comparable set to Apple’s AirPods at half the price and I’d be surprised. Haven’t seen anything on the market in terms of sound quality, comfort, ease of use and reliability. Google’s upcoming pixel buds seem to be they first proper competitor I’ve seen. The majority are chunky sets that stick out too much and look terrible imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sold mine.

Kept falling out of my stupid ears.

i'm a month in and can say they are my favourite ear phones i've owned and i have had loads, the noise cancelling/transparency modes are a dream , plenty of bass and clarity , volume is great too
    so well integrated with ios as they should
    i think ive been just lucky that they fit so well

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

larry1 wrote: »
    Stocks very low nationwide and also a long delivery period. Need a set for a Xmas gift, anyone know where I could get them? Thanks!

Got a pair in arnotts yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Soarer wrote: »
    Sold mine.

Kept falling out of my stupid ears.

plastic surgery mate...I reckon it will be the next big thing...get your ears adjusted so you can wear your airpods.
    Of course knowing Apple they would tweak their airpods to a specific shape which would require more people to be modified by surgery and lock you into their airpods for ever :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The last two weeks I’ve been having a right dose of a time with my pro’s. Well, just the right one.

When using NC mode or Transparency, I’m getting lots of crackles, not from the media I’m listening to, but from outside noise. Say I’m in the gym and someone drops something heavy, I get lots of feedback.

Or if I’m walking down the road and cough, I get lots of crackles and feedback through the AirPods too.

Turn those features off and just use them normally, it’s fine, so I’m 99% sure it’s something to do with the mics. Newest version of iOS and AirPods on the latest firmware too.

Have a new right AirPod arriving with UPS tomorrow or Monday, they have. €99 hold on my card which will hopefully be released when they get mine back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've played around with the 3 sizes and tried fiddling with them when they're in my ears but the Ear Tip test tells me to adjust or try a different ear tip for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Sarn wrote: »
    Unfortunately these are off my Christmas list. I’ve only an iPhone 6 and you need iOS 13 or watchOS 6, so my Apple Watch 4 wont work either (stuck on watchOS 5 because of iOS 12).

I ended up getting a pair of these for Christmas despite the above. So far so good. Can’t say I feel I’m missing anything apart from the initial ease setting up, maybe the use of Siri, but I never use it. I set up the batteries widget so can check the battery status by swiping right. Did the fit test with another phone.

The noise cancellation is impressive as is transparency mode. Compares well to my QC35IIs. Sound is what you’d expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

First I heard of these was an email from Apple 1 or 2 days before release. I had the wireless charging gen 2 airpods, which I thought were hugely overpriced, but got as a gift. The €40 price increase seemed like a bargain so I ordered from Apple and had them on release day.

I love them!

I had the Apple IEMs for listening and Bose QC35s for noise cancelling on planes and these are easily 75% as good as each for their relative strengths so as an all in one solution I reckon they are a bargain (relatively speaking). Battery hasn't run out on me yet, though I haven't been on a flight with them yet, but I use them in work and at home and pop them back in the case when ever they aren't in my ears.

I miss the convenience of the inline remote on the IEMs. Don't think a single button on each side will offer volume/skip/pause functionality without morse code proficiency. On the other hand, I do find myself switching between NC and transparency often, so IMO they offer a fantastic compromise.

Maybe I'm conditioned to Apple pricing. Maybe the wireless charging Airpod 2s were a stepping stone to this price point. As it stands, I reckon these are one of the best value products I can remember from Apple.

Without trying to sound like a prick, if you reckon a pair of €20 earphones can be as good as as something 4 or 5 times the price, these aren't for you. Likewise, if you wonder what's wrong with the earphones that came with your phone, move along. Nothing to see here.

I'm 2 months into using them and love them, the noise cancelling is excellent, comfortable and the sound is really good. The large tips fit perfect for my big head :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I have them but just can’t seem to get the right fit.

I was looking to see if I can get after market hooks for them.

I may off load them.. and just keep using my Anker with the loops.

I have QC 35II for long distance

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Got my replacement right airpod yesterday and had a mare of a time trying to get it paired.

Was on the phone to apple support for almost an hour, and they were just about to send me out a new charging case, but i was in work so said i'd have to call them back.

eventually got them working in the end tho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I've played around with the 3 sizes and tried fiddling with them when they're in my ears but the Ear Tip test tells me to adjust or try a different ear tip for all of them.

Happened me too. At least I was in the apple store trying them before I didn’t buy them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got a pair for Christmas, and I'm quite happy with them as a secondary set of pods, for when I'm walking/running/etc, but they won't replace my QC35 for work or on the actual plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Santa also brought them to me :-)

Very nice everyday earphones - great combination of being compact, comfortable, easily to use, and noise cancelling.

Having said that in my opinion their sound quality and noise cancelling capabilities have been overstated a bit. They sound decent but I also have the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless, and they are clearly in a different league in terms of SQ (obvious SQ advantage for the MTW, but having said that they have other annoying flaws). Noise cancelling also does a good job but I don’t think it is as good as the Bose QC30s I was using until a few months ago (and it definitely isn’t as good as top of the league over-ear noise cancelling headphones).

So to come back to the AirPods Pro, they are not best in class when looking at individual metrics such SQ or NC, but they are best in class for comfort and usability and at least decent at everything so the overall package is probably the best in the the category of true wireless earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

My original AirPods went for a swim over the Christmas break and even though they still work (amazingly) the sound quality has been significantly reduced. I have been looking to replace them with the pros.. and like the last time I went to buy AirPods, there's not a pair to be found. Guess I'll have to wait for Apple to ship them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My original AirPods went for a swim over the Christmas break and even though they still work (amazingly) the sound quality has been significantly reduced. I have been looking to replace them with the pros.. and like the last time I went to buy AirPods, there's not a pair to be found. Guess I'll have to wait for Apple to ship them.

Ring or call into a compuB, like you said they were all sold out everywhere but on the off chance I went into CompuB in Dundrum the Sunday before Christmas, asked them and they 'went out back' and brought me a pair. They had none on the shelves but had stock for people asking.

Ring or call into a compuB, like you said they were all sold out everywhere but on the off chance I went into CompuB in Dundrum the Sunday before Christmas, asked them and they 'went out back' and brought me a pair. They had none on the shelves but had stock for people asking.

Nice! Thanks for that! It's actually how I got my originals in Harvey Norman, I chanced my arm and they had just taken new stock in! Defo worth a try!

Argos have stock I think

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Argos have stock I think

Cheers! They do! Price tag is 310 quid!? That's a fair bit over the odds, isn't it?

Advertisement