Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air pod noise cancelling

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mine are going on two years old now and battery life is definitely reducing after constant use.

Waiting to see what/when is coming down the line with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rumours it will be called air pod pro and price point of 250-300 dollars / euro

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Will be skeptical that noise cancelling will be anything other than a marketing gimmick in the in-ear, non-sealing headphones like Airpods.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah not sure these will be active noise cancelling. They’ll crest a better seal in the ear and thus blocking outside sound.

Having active noise cancelling in earphones so small will have an impact in battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm holding off on buying a pair until these are announced. News seems to indicate that there will be an announcement this week, with end of month release?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mr.S wrote: »
    Pricey. No doubt the must have Christmas gift now!

The end product design is much nicer than the leaked stuff.

Will wait for the reviews on noise cancelling. AirPods are pretty much unusable on airplanes.

Agree with everything here.

I wonder will the cheaper buds come with the next iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just ordered a pair of the Pro’s just now. Been looking forward to an updated pair of these. As somebody who wasn’t interested in the originals, got them after a year and now doesn’t leave the house without them these were an instant buy for me.

Not too into the design tweaks, even the longer case looks strange. But if they turn out to be bad or a rough fit I’ll return them. Have to say though, can’t fault my current pair. Use them all the time including the gym and outdoor running. Still working perfectly and I still get a week of battery before needing to charge.

AirPods are one of Apple’s most underrated products in my opinion. New ones are pricey but worth the try at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I hope the sound on these is better than the original ones because they were absolutely terrible for the money they cost. The Bose Soundsports are much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Are they any reviews at all? Or just a blind €279 purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

I was only talking to herself about these last night. Looking for a good portable pair. It’ll be interesting to see how they compare to the Echo buds (apart from the price difference).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DubDJ wrote: »
    Just ordered a pair of the Pro’s just now. Been looking forward to an updated pair of these. As somebody who wasn’t interested in the originals, got them after a year and now doesn’t leave the house without them these were an instant buy for me.

Not too into the design tweaks, even the longer case looks strange. But if they turn out to be bad or a rough fit I’ll return them. Have to say though, can’t fault my current pair. Use them all the time including the gym and outdoor running. Still working perfectly and I still get a week of battery before needing to charge.

AirPods are one of Apple’s most underrated products in my opinion. New ones are pricey but worth the try at least.

Agree with all of the above. Only reason I sold my AirPods was because they wouldn’t stay in my ear while running or training, I fact the right one wouldn’t stay in my ear if I had to run across the road!

I got Powerbeats pro, love them but I miss the convenience of the smaller
    More discrete AirPods charging case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Unfortunately these are off my Christmas list. I’ve only an iPhone 6 and you need iOS 13 or watchOS 6, so my Apple Watch 4 wont work either (stuck on watchOS 5 because of iOS 12).

kceire wrote: »
    Agree with all of the above. Only reason I sold my AirPods was because they wouldn’t stay in my ear while running or training, I fact the right one wouldn’t stay in my ear if I had to run across the road!

I got Powerbeats pro, love them but I miss the convenience of the smaller
    More discrete AirPods charging case.

I also have the powerbeats pro for exercising, I love the sound and the connectivity so I've just ordered these

I had the same issue with the AirPods where one would come loose while running. Had the problem with other earphones too, odd sized ears obviously :D

I just picked up a pair of ear hooks that I put on when I’m in the gym and take off when I leave. They’re solid for everything accept running so completely fine for everything else.

Think I’ll keep my original AirPods for the gym, and use the new ones as an every day pair. My expected delivery date is Oct 31, hoping they actually arrive on the 30. I’ll update with how different they are once I get them.

I didn’t have an issue with the sound quality of the current set, decent balanced sound for music, podcasts etc. Not winning any awards for sound quality but still I didn’t find them bad at all, above average in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Sarn wrote: »
    Unfortunately these are off my Christmas list. I’ve only an iPhone 6 and you need iOS 13 or watchOS 6, so my Apple Watch 4 wont work either (stuck on watchOS 5 because of iOS 12).
    They will probably work as normal bluetooth headphones. You just won't get the easy pair and noise cancellation until/if you upgrade.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I’m actually in California right now.

So planning on hitting the Apple store tomorrow to pick these up!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

eeloe wrote: »
    I’m actually in California right now.

So planning on hitting the Apple store tomorrow to pick these up!

Are they available in store in the US?
    The US Site says Pickup is currently unavailable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've always hated plug-in earbuds so these are not for me.

The battery life on my original ones is noticeably dwindling after two years, so I was hoping these could be picked up new for less. Not yet, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Have the missus swinging by the Apple store in Barcelona tomorrow so should have these on Thursday. I’ll let ye know on thoughts, I’ve been holding off getting a pair of AirPods due to none IP rating..ANC is an extra feature and don’t see it replacing my Bose QC35’s just yet.

Did go to the online Spanish store to see if I could reserve a pair but said only for the 31st..we shall see tomorrow I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Dades wrote: »
    I've always hated plug-in earbuds so these are not for me.

The battery life on my original ones is noticeably dwindling after two years, so I was hoping these could be picked up new for less. Not yet, it seems.

Likewise. Tbh, I'm not an audiophile so the second version of the Airpods, which I bought when they were released, are perfectly fine for me. I like the minimalist shape. Even with the noise cancelling features, I'm not sure I'd bother with the new ones at the moment.

I was never too bothered with noise cancellation in headphones before. But having started to listen to a lot of Podcasts with the AirPods and walking past a lot of traffic I’ve found myself wanting the feature added to them. With music it’s fine, but I find myself rewinding or pausing the audio until things are a little quieter.

That and the hopefully improved sound make these interesting for me. Just hoping they fit as good as the originals.

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

damo86 wrote: »
    Have the missus swinging by the Apple store in Barcelona tomorrow so should have these on Thursday. I’ll let ye know on thoughts, I’ve been holding off getting a pair of AirPods due to none IP rating..ANC is an extra feature and don’t see it replacing my Bose QC35’s just yet.

Did go to the online Spanish store to see if I could reserve a pair but said only for the 31st..we shall see tomorrow I guess.

These will not come anywhere close to QC35s. Two totally different markets. With AirPods you're paying for convenience.

mine has shipped , not sure from where though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

These will (hopefully) be my Christmas present. I have a pair of regular AirPods, so i'll give those to the wife, and these will supplement my QC35s for non travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ordered a pair last night around 10pm to try them out. Can always return if they aren't up to snuff. Was meant to be delivered Friday but got a text saying they've shipped and they'll be here tomorrow.

My pair are out for delivery at the moment, didn’t go out until late in the morning.

mine are with DHL in holland

• Advertisement

Just got my pair a while ago. The noise cancellation is on point. And the transparency mode works well and sounds natural.

The fit is comfortable and so far so good. Only using the tips that came pre-installed. I can’t really say there’s a massive increase in sound quality though. They definitely sound better especially in the mids and lower end, not sure how much of that is down to the better seal with the new design.

Better sound by a bit, good noise cancellation and the wireless charging case are all handy additions for the price in fairness.

Advertisement