Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Alright so for newer players usually there is a question with rules posted at 1pm and we have in this case 30 mins to PM an answer. Sometimes it’s pm answer to a mod and sometimes it might be PM an answer and for example a number between 1-20.

I suggest we, as a village, discuss the riddle/question for at least 10-15 mins (if required). And then work out the best way of block entering the competition.

On the face of it it seems relatively straightforward in that there will be some anagrams to solve. They haven't told us how they are going to separate/use a tiebreaker if there are multiple winners, if indeed there is a tiebreaker as it mentions prizes being up for grabs. This doesn't seem like in the past where you need to pm in a certain time slot or plan to choose a number to try block the wolves. It seems to be just give the mods the correct answer(s).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Alright so for newer players usually there is a question with rules posted at 1pm and we have in this case 30 mins to PM an answer. Sometimes it’s pm answer to a mod and sometimes it might be PM an answer and for example a number between 1-20.

I suggest we, as a village, discuss the riddle/question for at least 10-15 mins (if required). And then work out the best way of block entering the competition.

Can the wolves gain any advantage by us being so open about it on thread?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Orla WW wrote: »
    Gigi D'Agostino. Jesus wept.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Holly WW wrote:

Depends on the competition. They could perhaps gain advantage from village silence too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Necro wrote: »

Yeeeeeeeeeah mother****er. Memories.

• Advertisement

Comp rules/details normally don’t get posted until 1. I took the Necro post as a joke , sounds like its going to be a riddle, not so much a straight forward question.

Oh. I thought answers had to be in by 1.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »

I suppose they can if they cant figure out the answer but there are a few of them working in a BR, everybody else is on their own. If more villagers enter the correct answer then villagers are more likely to win a prize.

The alternative is we all keep things to ourselves and lets hope that we have a clever collective village who can work it out themselves. In theory the wolves could have 4 (or whatever their number is) correct answers. If the village only had 4 or less for example, then they would have a much higher probability of winning the prizes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

For clarity, the competition will posted at 1pm. Players have until 1.30pm to submit their answer(s) Back to silent mod mode now for me

When I was a wolf in the last game we kept a very useful player alive for the village. Don't discount anything. Hence why I asked if we were missing anything obvious.

For clarity, the competition will posted at 1pm. Players have until 1.30pm to submit their answer(s) Back to silent mod mode now for me

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Convenient. STILL won't answer my question.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Good morning all.

Brendan you are either being completely honest or an absolute genius. I’m actually beginning to lean towards the former.

:pac::pac::pac: I spit tea out reading that. maybe both maybe neither maybe Im just enjoying the game after life /Werewolf is just a stage and we are but its players or something to that effect

Convenient. STILL won't answer my question.

I'm a GAME mod, not a Forum mod so you're asking the wrong person/people

I suppose they can if they cant figure out the answer but there are a few of them working in a BR, everybody else is on their own. If more villagers enter the correct answer then villagers are more likely to win a prize.

The alternative is we all keep things to ourselves and lets hope that we have a clever collective village who can work it out themselves. In theory the wolves could have 4 (or whatever their number is) correct answers. If the village only had 4 or less for example, then they would have a much higher probability of winning the prizes.

Fair enough. So if someone gets the correct answer(s) by themselves they should share it on here? That sounds counter intuitive to me. I think we have to assume that the wolves will get it wrong even though they will be working together.

I go for whatever the consensus is though. I’ll be online until 1.30 so I’m easy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

What is your occupation?

I've had a hectic morning and still managed to comment.

Well aren't you lucky! I haven't been near a computer or phone so probably should have sent some smoke signals.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

When I was a wolf in the last game we kept a very useful player alive for the village. Don't discount anything. Hence why I asked if we were missing anything obvious.

Wasn't 2 D a wolf last game :pac:

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Wasn't 2 D a wolf last game :pac:

I was.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Fair enough. So if someone gets the correct answer(s) by themselves they should share it on here? That sounds counter intuitive to me. I think we have to assume that the wolves will get it wrong even though they will be working together.

I go for whatever the consensus is though. I’ll be online until 1.30 so I’m easy

Unless the problem/question is extremely difficult I think it is best to work on the assumption that the wolves will get it right.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I was.

Caught by the bollocks:D

I am only trying to bring some order to the chaos. If the villagers want to go it alone so be it. I dont know why you would think a bunch of wolves would be less likely to get the riddle then individuals on their own, but do agree it sounds a bit counter intuitive to work "with the wolves" to get the answer. Its a numbers game, the more villagers that enter the correct answer the better the chance we have of winning a prize.

I am actually at a client meeting between 1-2 but will try and sneak off to the toilet (hopefully there is a signal!) to answer.

• Advertisement

Unless the problem/question is extremely difficult I think it is best to work on the assumption that the wolves will get it right.

100% agree, there is 3/4 of them working on it and most likely they will all enter IMO, as many people that can enter should, with the correct answer aswell hopefully

How did that work out for ye.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Well the more the merrier I always say

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I was.

So what were you on about earlier? That Necro had said you were 2D but you weren’t?

Just noise?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    this tag along here, why include that? its completely irrelevant to the point i was making. i clearly picked the 3 with the most votes

Just catching up, but I added it because I don't agree with your strategy and if you're a wolf it's a strategy which gives us no information about you.

Just making a note, that's all.

Conor WW wrote: »
    100% agree, there is 3/4 of them working on it and most likely they will all enter IMO, as many people that can enter should, with the correct answer aswell hopefully

Ok but we are also assuming that all of the wolves are available at 1pm. I’d say there is only 1/2 of them around then our odds would be better going it alone surely?

Or wait if there is 2 of them say and 10 of us and everyone has the correct answer then we should be working together.

Take back everything I said

I’ll be posting on here all thoughts and potential answers

Orla is all noise from what i can see.

I was suss of Conor yesterday. There was one post that seemed very subtle in steering the conversation. Ill dig it up.

No other feels tbh. Ive sped read the thread, if im being honest. I have less time than i expected to dedicate to the game. Sorry mods.

Ok but we are also assuming that all of the wolves are available at 1pm. I’d say there is only 1/2 of them around then our odds would be better going it alone surely?

Or wait if there is 2 of them say and 10 of us and everyone has the correct answer then we should be working together.

Wolves in my experience are generally more engaged than your average NRV so there will be a high probability of them being around. But yeah more of us on and working together, the better

If the competition is like the others we have seen in games gone by, everyone answering and pooling information on thread would make most sense.

It may be one and done in terms of how many answers you give, so maybe dont PM your answer before consulting the village.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Just be careful to read the question/answer first before entering too quickly.

I was killed before for entering a competition because the prize was to be killed. I think the actual answer was "death" and I still entered. :rolleyes:

I should be around at 1pm to play and enter. I'm rubbish at anagrams though.

Advertisement