Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Lads, Necro has said I'm Hello 2D.

Stop discounting anything. Necro is brilliant at this game and has had weeks to arrange it.

Stay awake. They even told us in the OP.

Are you necro?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Id be leaning Orla to be a silly villager rather than wolfy.

I’d be inclined to agree.
    Not to discount Rionas theories but she was an NRV, she has no more information than the rest of us

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Losing Riona's analyses is a blow.

At least they missed hitting any RVs. Still no movement from the SK. :(

I've an ISO on Orla - meant to put it up pre-munch but got stuck on a call. Incoming...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Right. Back to looking into Desmond & Gertrude and also Steve.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Clodagh WW wrote:
    I’d be inclined to agree. Not to discount Rionas theories but she was an NRV, she has no more information than the rest of us

You have never seen a wolf be silly?

• Advertisement

Error msg: your token has expired. My entire Orla ISO is gone. I want to cry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Are you necro?

Are you contributing?

Whoever asked for my ISO on Phil, it's at #331.

I'm not going to do Orla in full again - I waste my life on all the messing that went on after 1pm yesterday. I'll do a summary that skips all the posts about "I can't see vernon" and "I'm not 2d" and "don't believe the mods".

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I’d be inclined to agree.
    Not to discount Rionas theories but she was an NRV, she has no more information than the rest of us

I may not have known who was bad day one., but i do know somethings from previous games.

Wolves will hide on day 1 at the very least. They will also be wary to out right accuse people.

But this behaviour may also be the behavioir of a roled villgaer.

But Doris was not behaving like this. Those voting for her are where my suspicions lie

Eva and Isla

Liam WW wrote: »
    What makes you think that clodagh

Well if you can protect one person then you usually go with who you trust - yourself

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Early #FFA1

Isla(/Doris) - My instinct is that if Doris is good, it's horrific gameplay to zero in so harshly on a player (because it could potentially lead to a landslide from which we can't do any wagonomics tonight). There's 100% something going on here, and I'm not really sure what. My best case scenario right now though is we hang Isla and use that info to further examine Doris' behavior. If Isla flips good, there'd have to be questions asked about why there was a railroading. If Isla flips bad, it really benefits Doris massively.

You really wanted to push lynching me as that would mean we spent today on Doris. This FFA doesn’t look good for you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Are you necro?

No but I'm convinced Necro is in here.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    care to elaborate?

You had me blocked until I called you out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Candidate |Votes |Number of votes
    Phil WW |Angus WW, Jake WW, Derry WW, Conor WW |4
    Brendan WW |Vernon WW, Riona WW, Steve WW, Holly WW, |4
    Isla WW |Doris WW, Gertrude WW, Desmond WW |3
    Gertrude WW| Winifred WW, Phil WW |2
    Doris WW |Isla WW, Eva WW |2
    Liam WW |Clodagh WW |1
    Riona WW |Barbara WW |1
    Derry WW |Brendan WW |1
    Conor WW |Liam WW |1
    Orla WW |Wendy WW |1
    Vernon WW |Orla WW |1
    Did Not Vote |Katie WW
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Sorry, I wasn’t talking about Phil voting for Gertie, I was talking about wolves being on Phil, they mightn’t have known they were on a bandwagon, Phil didn’t seem in danger.

Not a good look for Conor - if Conor and Brendan are a wolf team Conor moves off him to save him at 8.45 - why else move so late?
    These are all just theories until we find one wolf.
    It’s why I’ve advocated the executioner to come out, it can help shape vote analysis. If brendan was the executioner then Conor moving is harmless

So the wolves were on a bandwagon on Phil? But also that Brendan and Conor were on a wolf team and Conor moved off to save Brendan? Or are these separate theories?

I realise they're just theories but I'm trying to get to the bottom of them to see how possible they might be.

I don't really see the benefit yet of the executioner coming out as they might be able to gain some power at some stage.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

You had me blocked until I called you out.

I have not blocked, nor unblocked anyone. Would be a pretty weird thing to do

So the wolves were on a bandwagon on Phil? But also that Brendan and Conor were on a wolf team and Conor moved off to save Brendan? Or are these separate theories?

I realise they're just theories but I'm trying to get to the bottom of them to see how possible they might be.

I don't really see the benefit yet of the executioner coming out as they might be able to gain some power at some stage.

Separate theories, like I say it won’t be until we have a confirmed red flip that this will make more sense.

The Phil thing is the most interesting, he seemed in no danger (from what I could see) but ended up top of the poll

Brendan was top of the FFAs...... who had brendan in their FFA but didnt vote for him.

Orla ISO #2

<day 0 fluff>

#111 "The roleblocker knows who all the wolves are given that they're a wolf" knows what's in the OP and is on top of things

"Is there any benefit to wolves purposefully misfiring?" mechanics
    "I won't be around much/at all until this evening. I look forward to catching up on the ding dong between Doris and Isla."fluff

"The wind doth blow"
    at lunchtime yesterday, the madness starts

"Unlikely the jail keeper can pick the same person twice in a row" mechanics - she is on the ball
    "And I definitely wasn't set a task, I just posted using the wrong account. https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/09/05/USAT/9ef269b2-5680-409f-a41b-d51cd8dedb79-AP_Trump_Trade_Japan.JPG?crop=5471,3077,x0,y47&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds" fluff
    "I'm lynching Angus" random accusation
    "Me and Angus have beef. https://www.thatsfarming.com/uploads/news/resizeExact_1200_800/535-Black-Angus-Cow.jpg"
    "I'm lynching Brendan" random accusation
    "Who the **** is Vernon? I haven't seen them post and they've FFAd me. I'm lynching Vernon" random accusation
    "I'm lynching Katie" random accusation
    "You have to post at least five times between munch and lynch" mechanics
    "Go into the Werewolf forum, find this thread, look right and you'll see 'replies' click on the number and you'll see who posted how many" mechanics
    "I'm definitely lynching you tonight. You're getting munched too" random accusation - munched?

summary

I don't know. it was all pretty normal until lunchtime yesterday when the train hopped the rails and took itself for an off-road adventure. Note that the above is heavily edited as I couldn't bring myself to comment on all the gifs and stuff from last night for a second time. However, 2D is pretty on the ball. They're aware of mechanics, and I reckon last night was just messing.
    There is some tree-shaking there (me, brendan, vernon, katie). I'd have preferred to see some follow-up to some of that though.

The rest of it could just be TWTBW - does a wolf bring that much attention on themselves? It's not unheard of, but for now i'm leaning towards crazy villager, with an asterix for the last comment. That wasn't there for my previous ISO and it worries me. Is it just too ridiculous for a wolf to say that they'll munch someone on-thread?

I may not have known who was bad day one., but i do know somethings from previous games.

Wolves will hide on day 1 at the very least. They will also be wary to out right accuse people.

But this behaviour may also be the behavioir of a roled villgaer.

But Doris was not behaving like this. Those voting for her are where my suspicions lie

Eva and Isla

You say that wolves will hide on day 1 but hiding can mean different things to different people.

Some try to lay low
    giphy.gif

Others try to blend in
    giphy.gif

Others hide in plain sight
    CrispImpressiveAardwolf-size_restricted.gif

The point being that saying that wolves will hide on day one seems naive as all it would take is for people to out right accuse people from the beginning and you would think they are good.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Are you contributing?

As much as I have time to :)

• Advertisement

You say that wolves will hide on day 1 but hiding can mean different things to different people.

Some try to lay low
    giphy.gif

Others try to blend in
    giphy.gif

Others hide in plain sight
    CrispImpressiveAardwolf-size_restricted.gif

The point being that saying that wolves will hide on day one seems naive as all it would take is for people to out right accuse people from the beginning and you would think they are good.

My point was, Doris didnt appear to hide.

My point was, Doris didnt appear to hide.

Yes, I wasn't arguing with that. My disagreement was with your statement that wolves will hide on day one. Firstly, there are various ways of hiding. Secondly, of course wolves are trying to hide their true nature (it's the game). Finally, wolves will out right accuse people on day one, even if just to make people think that they aren't a wolf because they accused someone on day one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Well all I know is what I know and thats nuthin

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

No but I'm convinced Necro is in here.

You are nothing but distraction, and I mean complete distraction, by failing to quote your own post a game mod stepped in to do it for you, you then try to say it's a game mod conspiracy.

It's a rule you broke, mods rectified it for you and you call conspiracy then you start saying Vernon has you on ignore, is this a conspiracy jist against you.

I could see some trickery from mods but one of your conspiracies is a rule breach that mods rectified. Rule 6 if you wanna look at it there

As much as I have time to :)

That's a bit of a wolfy answer, you're posting Steve but not giving much, any thoughts on who we should lynch tonight?

This seems significant. Riona came at Orla hard and was rightly trying to focus the village.

**** Riona. They knew nothing.

Conor WW wrote: »
    You are nothing but distraction, and I mean complete distraction, by failing to quote your own post a game mod stepped in to do it for you, you then try to say it's a game mod conspiracy.

It's a rule you broke, mods rectified it for you and you call conspiracy then you start saying Vernon has you on ignore, is this a conspiracy jist against you.

I could see some trickery from mods but one of your conspiracies is a rule breach that mods rectified. Rule 6 if you wanna look at it there

Lynch me so, hot shot. You're pissing into a gale force wind.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Orla ISO #2

<day 0 fluff>

#111 "The roleblocker knows who all the wolves are given that they're a wolf" knows what's in the OP and is on top of things

"Is there any benefit to wolves purposefully misfiring?" mechanics
    "I won't be around much/at all until this evening. I look forward to catching up on the ding dong between Doris and Isla."fluff

"The wind doth blow"
    at lunchtime yesterday, the madness starts

"Unlikely the jail keeper can pick the same person twice in a row" mechanics - she is on the ball
    "And I definitely wasn't set a task, I just posted using the wrong account. https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/09/05/USAT/9ef269b2-5680-409f-a41b-d51cd8dedb79-AP_Trump_Trade_Japan.JPG?crop=5471,3077,x0,y47&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds" fluff
    "I'm lynching Angus" random accusation
    "Me and Angus have beef. https://www.thatsfarming.com/uploads/news/resizeExact_1200_800/535-Black-Angus-Cow.jpg"
    "I'm lynching Brendan" random accusation
    "Who the **** is Vernon? I haven't seen them post and they've FFAd me. I'm lynching Vernon" random accusation
    "I'm lynching Katie" random accusation
    "You have to post at least five times between munch and lynch" mechanics
    "Go into the Werewolf forum, find this thread, look right and you'll see 'replies' click on the number and you'll see who posted how many" mechanics
    "I'm definitely lynching you tonight. You're getting munched too" random accusation - munched?

summary

I don't know. it was all pretty normal until lunchtime yesterday when the train hopped the rails and took itself for an off-road adventure. Note that the above is heavily edited as I couldn't bring myself to comment on all the gifs and stuff from last night for a second time. However, 2D is pretty on the ball. They're aware of mechanics, and I reckon last night was just messing.
    There is some tree-shaking there (me, brendan, vernon, katie). I'd have preferred to see some follow-up to some of that though.

The rest of it could just be TWTBW - does a wolf bring that much attention on themselves? It's not unheard of, but for now i'm leaning towards crazy villager, with an asterix for the last comment. That wasn't there for my previous ISO and it worries me. Is it just too ridiculous for a wolf to say that they'll munch someone on-thread?
    Conor WW wrote: »

Yeah I hate this kind of villager play, yes you're a NRV we get it. So crazy so full of antics no fear, etc etc, all you do is distract the village and makes it easier for the wolves to try and pick a RV and anyone that goes hard against that style of play ends up getting picked off by the wolves, like Riona was.

I'm lynching Conor. Gonna munch him tomorrow too.

Cretin.

• Advertisement

Yeah I hate this kind of villager play, yes you're a NRV we get it. So crazy so full of antics no fear, etc etc, all you do is distract the village and makes it easier for the wolves to try and pick a RV and anyone that goes hard against that style of play ends up getting picked off by the wolves, like Riona was.

You're a sheep, you've contributed **** all since you arrived.

Advertisement