Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,012 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just got an email from Netflix reminding me to finish Fawlty Towers, find out what happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Wheety wrote: »
    I'd say watch the Louis episode on Joe Exotic and then watch Tiger King. The Louis episode kind of gives you a taster but he got even crazier after that. It's on Netflix too.

I'm actually glad I watched Tiger King first then the Louis Theroux episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Anybody watch Red Joan Movie with Judi dench
    is it worth a watch :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Dumb and Dumber 26 years on still gold.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dumb and Dumber 26 years on still gold.

Think it’s the funniest film I’ve seen anyway
    Still love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    Think it’s the funniest film I’ve seen anyway
    Still love it

I like it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

afro man wrote: »
    Anybody watch Red Joan Movie with Judi dench
    is it worth a watch :confused:

I've watched it. It's not bad. Worth a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Is Vikings gone? Started watching it only a couple of weeks ago as I'm usually late to the party. It was there last week but I can't find it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Is Vikings gone? Started watching it only a couple of weeks ago as I'm usually late to the party. It was there last week but I can't find it anymore.

Thinks its exclusive to prime. Maybe you saw it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Exactly how big is the Netflix movie library...can i watch any movie that was made over the past 20 years, from any studio??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

fryup wrote: »
    Exactly how big is the Netflix movie library...can i watch any movie that was made over the past 20 years, from any studio??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Watching Dirty Money Season 1. Just watched about guardianship in USA. My blood is boiling :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

fryup wrote: »

No . Movies are very Limited.
    They have good series and entertaining (not to be confused with good) documentaries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

jluv wrote: »
    Watching Dirty Money Season 1. Just watched about guardianship in USA. My blood is boiling :mad:

It is shocking how easily this can happen, I couldn't believe what I was watching tbh .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe what I was watching tbh .

Sounds about right for a Netflix documentary :-)

I found Locke and Key to be not my thing at all and checked out after 3 episodes. I had read 'Lovecraftian' in the description for it but alas, it was not what I was expecting. I thought it would be more mature/adult but it wasn't. Also, the acting for the mother was quite weak and took me out of the immersion with each scene she was in.

That said, my OH continued on with the show and really liked it. It's definitely worth a watch for some, not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

A bit miffed that Grave of the Fireflies doesn't seem to be included in the Ghibli- Netflix deal but then again it's probably for the best, for my overall mental health not to watch it during lockdown lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

In amongst all the Ghibli stuff I see a few other animated films were added today, or returned.
    Megamind, Over the Hedge, Rise of the Guardians, and How to Train Your Dragon are all up there now. All really wondeful films and a nice alternative to Disney/Pixar.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

jluv wrote: »

I'm new to this thread, so sorry if this is repetitive.

I haven't seen the one you have said about Guardianship but my blood is equally boiling and my heart is breaking after watching (not an easy watch) The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez (USA) on Netflix. Most horrific, brutal, inhuman and downright pure evil.

I'm still in tears days later. I wouldn't recommend it for cheering anyone up. However, it illustrates systemic failures by so many people to protect this 8 year old boy. And also countless other children.

I certainly wasn't thinking of the Pandemic while watching this. Once again, very difficult to watch due to it's subject matter.

Also, just finished episode 7 of Tiger King, absolute nutters. I had previously seen Joe Exotic on Leo Theroux, however, wasn't aware of the rest of the headcases.

Just finished episode 1 of Freud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm new to this thread, so sorry if this is repetitive.

I haven't seen the one you have said about Guardianship but my blood is equally boiling and my heart is breaking after watching (not an easy watch) The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez (USA) on Netflix. Most horrific, brutal, inhuman and downright pure evil.

I'm still in tears days later. I wouldn't recommend it for cheering anyone up. However, it illustrates systemic failures by so many people to protect this 8 year old boy. And also countless other children.

I certainly wasn't thinking of the Pandemic while watching this. Once again, very difficult to watch due to it's subject matter.

Also, just finished episode 7 of Tiger King, absolute nutters. I had previously seen Joe Exotic on Leo Theroux, however, wasn't aware of the rest of the headcases.

Just finished episode 1 of Freud.

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez was just soul destroying. How anyone could endure that and how anyone could do that...Its unbelievable evil. She should have got the death penalty too. No lose to society.

Tiger King is lunacy.

Freud meh so far 2 eps in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

camz09 wrote: »
    A bit miffed that Grave of the Fireflies doesn't seem to be included in the Ghibli- Netflix deal but then again it's probably for the best, for my overall mental health not to watch it during lockdown lol

Maybe I never got Grave of the Fireflies. I was unmoved seeing it a few years ago And I'll have a wail at anything !

Heckler wrote: »
    The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez was just soul destroying. How anyone could endure that and how anyone could do that...Its unbelievable evil. She should have got the death penalty too. No lose to society.

Tiger King is lunacy.

Freud meh so far 2 eps in.

Yes Heckler, I totally concur.

Everything seems to have paled into insignificance for me after watching The trials of Gabriel Fernandez.

And yes, Tiger King is just nuts, will watch the last episode of that tomorrow, probably.

I only watched one episode of Freud and don't even know if I'll bother watching another one? I probably will watch a second episode anyway before making any opinion on it, I guess. Or knowing me I'll start something else as well. Maybe I'll watch Dark? Have you seen it? If so, would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll (Anime )
    A lonely young woman feels trapped at her all girls' school. But metal hands and heartfelt letters warm her heart when Violet becomes her tutor.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

For people on the fence about Freud I was the same but stick with it and found it very enjoyable although a total mindfook!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Can the person who posted the Ghibli films ranked link their post again please. I've been trying to find it there but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

peteeeed wrote: »
    Ponyo (2008)
    HAAAAMMM! Wonderful film and great for the family too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I’m sure its been mentioned before but A Quiet Place is definitely a good way to entertain yourself for 90 mins

For people on the fence about Freud I was the same but stick with it and found it very enjoyable although a total mindfook!

Thanks for that, as I said I only watched one so couldn't really form an opinion, I just had that 'meh' feeling.

I will give it another go! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

AMGer wrote: »
    I’m sure its been mentioned before but A Quiet Place is definitely a good way to entertain yourself for 90 mins

Thanks it was on the watch list for ages but finally got around to it this evening.

Brilliant film. Still heartbroken though over the start:-(

Advertisement