Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Q Ball

Documentary about the saint quentin warriors basketball team. heartfelt and interesting. enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Checked this evening and there was no sign of Brooklyn 99 season 6 on Netflix IE. Suddenly wondering if this was a UK update, and some nonsense with TV rights again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Finished Caliphate. Well worth the watch I think. Young girls being groomed for ISIS while another ties to get back home to Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

A couple of weeks ago I had a quick peek at Kingdom, the Korean zombie series, but got put off by the typical exaggerated acting of its ilk, but some posters have bigged it up here, so gave it another go. If you like the genre, it's got plenty of action, and is actually very well directed. (Beautifully shot as well). It's set in the 19th C, so with 28 Days later-style zombies, instead of Walking Dead style, and little technology to use against them, the action and suspense comes thick and fast, with court intrigue adding to the story.
    506558.png

Watched the first 2 episodes and it leaves me cold, appreciate I'm in the minority. Nicely shot but the acting is wooden, the translated dialogue derivative, it's just more throwaway tv with zombies and swords. Hyped up fodder which won't linger in the memory longer than a zombie's attention span.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

pixelburp wrote: »
    Checked this evening and there was no sign of Brooklyn 99 season 6 on Netflix IE. Suddenly wondering if this was a UK update, and some nonsense with TV rights again?

Just went to watch it now too
    Says tomorrow night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Half way through Tiger King, its complete utter madness! My god Carole Baskin is infuriating

Tiger king is another win for this forum. No way I would have even thought to watch it.
    Well done people :D

Also it is rare for a netflix doc to be just the right length. It did not feel dragged out

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Have one episode left if Tiger King, it's completely bonkers.

If someone made a film of it I'd be looking at Ed Norton to play Joe. ( David Spade came close with Joe Dirt )

km79 wrote: »
    Tiger king is another win for this forum. No way I would have even thought to watch it.
    Well done people :D

Also it is rare for a netflix doc to be just the right length. It did not feel dragged out

Spot on. If anything, I wanted more.

Each one of these shady supporting players in the documentary, you could give them the full Joe Exotic treatment and exposé. There are definitely closets brimming with skeletons which Tiger King only touched the surface of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

it was indeed bonkers but the animals suffered and this was really over looked towards the end the place was in sh1t and i reckon many starved and died

• Advertisement

it was indeed bonkers but the animals suffered and this was really over looked towards the end the place was in sh1t and i reckon many starved and died

That too alright, the animals very much became a backseat to the human insanity and drama which was unfolding before our eyes.

Spot on. If anything, I wanted more.

Each one of these shady supporting players in the documentary, you could give them the full Joe Exotic treatment and exposé. There are definitely closets brimming with skeletons which Tiger King only touched the surface of.

Especially the white version of Prop Joe from the wire

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thanks for this, I was wondering what the story was with the animals in it and if they suffered or not. Have no interest in watching it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭robwen

There's a dedicated Tiger King thread..

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058065141/2/#post112979159

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Started into The Least Expected Day earlier today and looks great. Overcoming was the best cycling documentary I'd seen and this seems just as good. Wonder will we look back in a few years at the principle stars like we do now about Basso, Zabriskie etc. We always say not this generation and every time the fans have been let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

km79 wrote: »
    Especially the white version of Prop Joe from the wire

Oh my god this is spot on.

One episode left in Tiger King, don’t know what to get stuck into next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭trashcan

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Sorry, I know not netflix but I have started to rewatch The Wire again and already half way through S2. I first watched it years ago and really enjoying it.

You can never go wrong with the Wire. It's just such a commitment to start watching it again, 60 episodes. Still my favourite series of all time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

trashcan wrote: »
    You can never go wrong with the Wire. It's just such a commitment to start watching it again, 60 episodes. Still my favourite series of all time though.

I've watched it 3 times. The last two times with subtitles though. Best show of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone watched Top boy? Spanish series

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

trashcan wrote: »

On series 3 already and loving it. Sopranos is next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

fin12 wrote: »

Watching it, only ok.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched Dead to Me over the last couple of days. It's a dark comedy about a grieving widow who befriends another woman at a grief support group. Can't say more than that without giving things away. I enjoyed it a lot. I like my comedy dark and a lot of this is. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini play the two leads, James Marsden is in it too and a couple of other recognisable faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I watched Dead to Me over the last couple of days. It's a dark comedy about a grieving widow who befriends another woman at a grief support group. Can't say more than that without giving things away. I enjoyed it a lot. I like my comedy dark and a lot of this is. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini play the two leads, James Marsden is in it too and a couple of other recognisable faces.

We watched this when it came out and it was enjoyable in a weird way, not quite what I expected

Currently halfway through season 1 of Money Heist - Spanish TV show, but watching it dubbed, which is actually grand. Very enjoyable so far, not seeing how they are getting 4 seasons out of this at the moment but I'm willing to stay along for the ride to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fin12 wrote: »

Have you watched elite fin? Think you’d like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Watched Blue Ruin a couple of nights ago - really good, taut vengeance movie - and a rarity nowadays 90 minute runtime, so no padding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

thanks to whoever recommended the kingdom very enjoyable .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rfrip wrote: »
    Have you watched elite fin? Think you’d like it

No but thanks I’ll check it out.

Watching white gold atm, it’s very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Kingdom is great fun, obviously the only way it should be watched is in Korean.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Tiger king done. Any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,713 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Tiger king done. Any other suggestions?

Abducted in plain sight!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement