Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Nothing added today

The Witcher: Blood Origin: Season 1 - Set in an elven world 1200 years before the time of Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri, this four-part prequel series will tell a tale lost to history: the creation of the first prototype Witcher, and the events that led to the pivotal Conjunction of the Spheres, when the worlds of monsters, men, and elves merged to become one. Michelle Yeoh stars.

is added tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh. Not sure if being dropped on Xmas day is a sign of confidence or shame lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The first Knives Out is a modern day masterpiece, full of charm, wit and originality. The 2nd Glass Onion, not only does it have a stupid name, but it has none of the magic of the 1st movie, I didn’t like it, the story was made too complex, setting in Greece didn’t make sense and all of the characters were unlikeable. The Monea wan wasn’t up to the standard of Armas from first film, and Daniel Craig character was so much better in first. Very disappointed with the sequel, a classic case of over budget and style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah have to agree. First one was top drawer. I wouldn't say I disliked the 2nd. Better than a kick in the nads and worth a watch but not a patch on the 1st. Edward Norton did a good job as an

idiot rich guy

but its a similar role he has played before.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Chris Rock Global Live Event will happen on March 4th.

It starts at 03:00am Irish time for those who want to watch it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just tried to watch the new Matilda movie there. Had to turn it off. Load of rubbish. Kids might like it sure but I don't see it beating the Danny DeVito version.

Treason (2022) Limited Series An MI6 deputy's bright future takes a sharp turn after a reunion with a Russian spy forces him to question his entire life.

Laguna Beach (2005) 2 Seasons MTV In affluent Laguna Beach, Calif., a tight-knit group of high school friends juggle romantic relationships, peer pressure and major life decisions.

The Imposter (2012) An investigator sets out to unravel a mystery about a 13-year-old boy who vanished in Texas only to show up three years later in Spain.

Vir Das: Landing (2022) Vir Das dives deep into his childhood in India, the perils of outrage and finding his feet in the world for his fourth Netflix stand-up special..

Making The Witcher: Blood Origin (2022) Venture behind the scenes with the stars and creators of "The Witcher: Blood Origin" in an illuminating look at the lore, music, world-building and more..

Daughter From Another Mother season 3 (2022) After realizing their babies were switched at birth, two women develop a plan to adjust to their new lives: creating a single --and peculiar-- family..

Time Hustler season 1 (2022) (Brazilian) After being hit in the head, a man wakes up in 1927 to discover that he's the spitting image of a famous bandit -- and decides to make the most of it

The Angry Birds Movie 2

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Volcano: Rescue From Whakaari, is an absolutely brilliant watch.

Chelsea Handler: Revolution (2022) Chelsea Handler lets loose on her life choices, rowdy rescue dogs, dating frustrations and why society owes women an apology...

Medieval (2022) A righteous mercenary leader seizes his destiny as he wages war against the armies of the Teutonic Order and the Holy Roman Empire.. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/medieval

The Emoji Movie (2017)

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i didn't like it either, although it's incredibly well crafted, but then i remembered that i hate pinocchio as a story and hated the walt disney version previously, so i've just not gotten involved in the argument tbh.

First two episodes of the new season of Alice in Borderland are solid. Second episode stronger than the first I thought.

Though the second episode.

Got a bit Austin powers with the naked guy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

7 Women and a Murder (2022) (Italian) When their family patriarch is stabbed, seven women, each with ulterior motives, become trapped together in a mansion to solve the puzzle of his murder

Stuck with You (2022) (French) En route to a party, two strangers get stuck in an elevator on New Year's Eve -- and find themselves connecting in unexpected ways.

A Night at the Kindergarten (2022) (Polish) A young man crashes a school play rehearsal to prevent a group of teachers and eccentric parents from expelling his girlfriend's son.

The Circle USA season 5 (2022) Status and strategy collide in this social experiment and competition show where online players flirt, befriend and catfish their way toward $100,000..

Love Is Blind: Brazil season 2 (2021) Brazilian) [New Episodes] The dating experiment comes to Brazil as local singles look for true love and get engaged, all without meeting the other person face to face.

Sodium Day (2022) Chaos breaks out at a Cape Flats high school as a ragtag group of seniors deal with substitute teachers, privileged visitors, armed gangsters and more.

Added

Sex and the City: The Movie (2008)

Rise of Empires: Ottoman season 2 (2020) Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II wages an epic campaign to take the Byzantine capital of Constantinople and shapes the course of history for centuries.

Brown and Friends season 1 (2022) In a cozy little neighborhood coffee shop, a group of fun-loving friends get together -- and get up to all kinds of adventures..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭appledrop

Watched 'The Volcano' last night, god I'm still thinking about it today, absolutely heartbreaking.

Very well made I'd highly recommend, just have the tissues ready.

On the other hand 1899 is absolutely headwrecking, started off well but has now just gone totally weird, my husband says we might as well just finish it off to see what happens but I'm not holding my breath for a satisfactory ending.

The Imposter is good. Seen it before but watched again with the missus. She thought it was a good watch also.

White Noise (2022) From Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Noah Baumbach White Noise dramatises a contemporary American family’s attempts to deal with the mundane conflicts of everyday life while grappling with the universal mysteries of love, death, and the possibility of happiness in an uncertain world. Starring Adam Driver and Greta Gerwig.

The Glory season 1 (2022) (Korean) Years after surviving horrific abuse in high school, a woman puts an elaborate revenge scheme in motion to make the perpetrators pay for their crimes.

Alpha Males season 1 (2022) (Spanish) Pedro, Luis, Raúl and Santi are four friends who feel a bit lost in the new world of empowered women, each trying to adjust in their own haphazard way.

The Ultimatum: France season 1 (2022) (French) Six couples on the cusp of lifelong love are hit with an ultimatum: Get engaged or break up. Before they decide, they'll swap partners for three weeks.

Douche (2018) (Swedish) An aspiring artist trades his small town for the big, expensive city and receives an offer: manipulate a young woman in exchange for financial help.

La Reina del Sur season 3 (2019) (Spanish) [New Episodes] After years of blood, sweat and tears, a woman from humble beginnings finds herself in the perilous position of being a legend in drug trafficking..

Secrets of Summer season 2 (2023) Spanish) [New Episodes] A remote Argentine resort revives its wakeboarding competition, drawing in Mexican athlete Steffi, who is determined to uncover a family secret

Chicago Party Aunt season 2 (2022) [New Episodes] Chicago Party Aunt Diane is an idolized troublemaker with a talent for avoiding adulthood -- and a soft spot for her soul-searching nephew.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just turned White Noise off after about an hour. It was doing absolutely nothing for me, bored to tears. A shame because I'm a big fan of Adam Driver so I am interested to know what others thought.

Best of Stand-Up 2022 (2022) From Bill Burr to Ali Wong, Gabriel Iglesias to Trevor Noah, Taylor Tomlinson to Jo Koy, check out the best jokes from Netflix's 2022 stand-up specials

Live to Lead season 1 (2022) Leaders committed to making a difference in the world share their inspiring life stories in this series executive produced by Prince Harry and Meghan

Misha and the Wolves (2021) As a little girl, she escaped the Holocaust and lived among wolves. Or did she? An extraordinary story elicits sympathy -- then draws scrutiny.

God Troubles Me (2022) 3 Seasons (Mandarin) A homeless young woman, a peculiar deity on the loose and a mysterious cat demon -- three unlikely pals must team up to save a world gone topsy-turvy..

No Doubt in Us season 1 (2021) (Mandarin) When an emperor accidentally switches bodies with his empress, the two must deal with the awkward fallouts as they learn to accept each other.

Love Life season 2 (2021) From first impressions to lasting connections -- New Yorkers navigate the twists and turns of love in this romantic comedy anthology series..

Dead Set (2008) 5 Episodes While the housemates in the Big Brother house remain oblivious, fast-moving hordes of the undead decimate the studio compo.

multiple Nike workouts

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ah Dead Set - fond memories of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Agreed, really enjoyed it when it was on Channel 4 (?)

Can't believe it was 14 years ago!

For those who don't know, it was written by Black Mirror's Charlie Brooker

97% Owned is a frightening watch. I'll admit I did not know exactly how money is created and was shocked with the explanation here but thats only part of what makes this documentary a real eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭appledrop

Aftershock The Nepal Earthquake is another outstanding documentary.

The entitlement of some of these 'Adventure Tourists' in Nepal when the earthquake happened was absolutely shocking to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dead to me. Never heard of it before but it’s pretty good. Some great twists in the first six episodes…..

I gave up after 30 minutes. Genuinely unwatchable a real surprise given the talent involved.

I have heard Misha and the wolves is meant to be excellent might have to check that one out

happy new year all

Kaleidoscope (2023) Limited Series Loosely inspired by the real-life story where seventy billion dollars in bonds went missing in downtown Manhattan during Hurricane Sandy, Kaleidoscope comprises eight episodes spanning from 24 years before the heist to 6 months after. Created by Eric Garcia, the series follow a crew of masterful thieves and their attempt to crack a seemingly unbreakable vault for the biggest payday in history. Guarded by the world’s most powerful corporate security team, and with law enforcement on the case, every episode reveals a piece of an elaborate puzzle of corruption, greed, vengeance, scheming, loyalties and betrayals. How did the crew of thieves plan it? Who gets away with it? Who can be trusted?

Monster (2004) 30 Episodes (Japanese) A brilliant Japanese neurosurgeon is drawn into darkness when he tries to solve a series of murders involving a patient whose life he once saved..

Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! (2013) 38 Episodes (Japanese) Rescued from bullies by professional boxer Mamoru Takamura, young Ippo Makunouchi takes up boxing to pursue what it means to be strong

Glow Up season 4 (2022) In this competition show, aspiring makeup artists navigate colorful challenges to win a career-making opportunity in the beauty industry.

Old Enough! season 2 (2022) Japanese) [New Episodes] Children go on errands all by themselves for the very first time as a camera crew follows along in this beloved, long-running reality show from Japan.

Mahalia (2021) New Orleans gospel singer Mahalia Jackson rises to fame in the 1940s as she lends her voice to the civil rights movement

Tremors 2: Aftershocks (1995)

The Incredible Hulk (1977)

Crank (2006)

Bad Boys (1995)

Bad Boys II (2003)

The Raid (2011)

The Raid 2 (2014)

Power Rangers (2017)

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)

Unleashed (2005)

Warrior (2011)

The Croods (2013)

The Layover (2017)

The Age of Innocence (1993)

Halloween (2007)

Wrong Turn (2003)

War (2007)

Enough (2002)

Untraceable (2008)

Just Go With It (2011)

Maid in Manhattan (2002)

The Ninth Gate (1999)

The Change-Up (2011)

Step Brothers (2008)

Rise of the Krays (2015)

Fall of the Krays (2016)

Victoria & Abdul (2017)

Daddy Day Care (2003)

Daddy Day Camp (2007)

Capture the Flag (2015)

Baby Driver (2017)

Mrs. Brown's Boys D' Movie (2014)

The Danish Girl (2015)

The Rugrats Movie (1998)

The Bank Job (2008)

The Man With the Iron Fists 2 (2015)

Shaun the Sheep (2016)

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's a brilliant series, Cardellini and Applegate were made for their roles and the show just wouldn't work with any other actors.

• Advertisement

Can confirm this is a terrific watch! Best to go in blind

Advertisement