Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I Hate Christmas seems to be an Italian remake of the Norwegian show, Home For Christmas. The trailer looks like it's scene for scene. Highly recommend the original one of anyone's looking for a nice Christmas watch. Two seasons of it available.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,332 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Loved home for Christmas as well!

I am still hoping for a third season...but doesn't look to have been an announcement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Patser

Just finished Wednesday and found it quite good. I mean for an Addams Family spin off with Tim Burton on board, it didn't go too camp or ridiculous instead the lead character kept a good level of charisma going, and while definitely teenage aimed it had decent acting all round - I really liked the Sheriff character, and didn't recognise Christina Ricci in her wig.

Really good production value too.

Just checked...it is a remake...first episode hits pretty much all the same beats as home for Christmas...but it is still enjoyable tbh!

The lead actress from Home For Christmas is in a Christmas film arriving next week. Her dad from it is in it too, I think. Looks like a Love Actually style thing where a bunch of different people are snowed in at an airport at Christmas.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah I saw the trailer for that a storm for Christmas looks a bit love actually, I thought it was a film too but looks to be a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Was Emily the Criminal only released in the US today? I don't see any mention of it getting a UK release beyond the monthly "what's coming to Netflix" post a few weeks back.

Sky cinema in UK in Feb so I'd say we are same

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Harry & Meghan (2022) Limited Series From their courtship to their exit from royal life, Harry and Meghan share their complex journey in their own words in this docuseries..

The Elephant Whisperers (2022) (Tamil) Bomman and Bellie, a couple in south India, devote their lives to caring for an orphaned baby elephant named Raghu, forging a family like no other.

In Broad Daylight: The Narvarte Case (2022) (Spanish) This documentary unveils evidence of corruption in the investigation into the murder of five people in the Narvarte neighborhood of Mexico City in 2015.

The Man Who Wanted to See It All (2021) Heinz Stücke left Germany in 1962 with a bike, a tent and a goal: to see everything in the world. Now for the first time in 50 years, he's come home

Lookism season 1 (2022) (Korean) In a society that favors good looks, a high school outcast leads a double life switching between his two bodies that are polar opposites in appearance

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm two episodes in. It's very much 'only ok' so far. The first episode was enjoyable but the second not so much. I think it's suffering from not having the other Addams Family characters more prominent. I also don't find it very funny. My wife is enjoying it though so I'm sure we'll watch the rest of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The Liberator - WW2 drama, four parts. Highly recommend.

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (2022) Guillermo del Toro’s stop-motion odyssey reinvents the classic tale of the wooden marionette who is magically brought to life in order to mend the heart of a grieving woodcarver named Geppetto.

Dragon Age: Absolution season 1 (2022) With great power at stake, a group of misfits must work together to steal an artifact from a sinister mage. Based on BioWare's video game franchise.

Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area season 2 (2022) (Korean) Thieves overtake the mint of a unified Korea. With hostages trapped inside, the police must stop them -- as well as the shadowy mastermind behind it all.

Dream Home Makeover season 3 How to Ruin Christmas (2021) Free-spirited Tumi always manages to make a mess of things. Can she make it through this holiday family reunion without ruining it completely?..

Dream Home Makeover season 4 (2022) Dreams come true for real families looking for the perfect home tailored to their own unique style, thanks to Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee.

CAT season 1 (2022) (Punjabi) Living under an alias, a former police informant is summoned to infiltrate a major drug empire but uncovers a dangerous connection to his dark past.

God's Crooked Lines (2022) (Spanish) A private detective who claims to be suffering from paranoia checks into a psychiatric hospital to investigate another patient's mysterious death.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jj880

Harry & Meghan. Boring whiney nonsense.

Harry seems brainwashed. He had a quote along the lines of: "Meghan gave up everything she knew for me and then I gave up everything I knew for her". Id say Meghan thought marrying Harry would be a sweet deal but when she realized what was involved (and saw how much of a dysfunctional cult the Royals are) she kicked up stink and made Harry jump ship. I think she did right but of course doesnt admit thats what happened so I just found the whole series disingenuous.

I have watched the first three episodes of Smiley, its a really fun Spanish gay rom com series so far, would recommend.

Pan's Labyrinth (2006 (Spanish) Young Ofelia meets a mythical faun who claims she is destined to become princess of the Underworld. But first she must carry out three perilous tasks.

and a lot of older european releases as is normal on a saturday mostly french and italian today

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭appledrop

Jj880 I could only manage 20 mins of Harry & Meghan.

A pile of nonsense and I say that as someone who loves The Crown, any period drama etc so I'd be their ideal target market.

They both come across as absolute pains in the you know what's and when they start talking about their first dates etc I found it all so cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah pretty desperate stuff. On the same level as LA Wags or some other low brow reality TV. The Crown is excellent.

Alchemy of Souls (2022) 2 Parts (Korean) A powerful sorceress in a blind woman's body encounters a man from a prestigious family, who wants her help to change his destiny..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

forgot how good Klaus is

Pure magic

It gives me …..emotions :D

My Next Guest with David Letterman and Volodymyr Zelenskyy (2022)David Letterman journeys to Kyiv, Ukraine, for a stirring, personal and in-depth conversation with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy..

Added

Last Chance U: Basketball season 2 (2021) "Last Chance U" hits the hardwood in East Los Angeles as a coach with strong convictions leads young men who hope to fulfill major college potential

Tom Papa: What A Day! (2022) Tom doles out truths about post-marriage intimacy, his problematic pet pug and why men are to blame for most of life's inconveniences.

Gudetama: An Eggcellent Adventure season 1 (2022) (Japanese) Gudetama, the lazy egg, reluctantly embarks on an adventure of a lifetime with Shakipiyo, a newly hatched chick, who is determined to find their mother.

Added

I Believe in Santa (2022) After five happy months dating Tom, Lisa's horrified to learn he's obsessed with her least favorite holiday. Is it time to give Christmas another chance?.

Kangaroo Valley (2022) Journey to a secret valley in Australia, where a nervous baby kangaroo named Mala faces hungry dingoes and winter snows in this coming-of-age adventure.

Glitter season 1 2022) (Polish) In 1976 Sopot, Poland, three determined women navigate social and political changes as they strive to find independence, financial freedom and love.

Added

Who Killed Santa? A Murderville Murder Mystery (2022) Senior Detective Terry Seattle (Will Arnett) is back and this time, the case is critical. Along with his two celebrity guest stars, Jason Bateman and Maya Rudolph, he is on a mission to figure out…who killed Santa? But here’s the catch: Bateman and Rudolph aren’t being given the script. They have no idea what’s about to happen to them. Together, with Terry Seattle (and many surprises), they will have to improvise their way through the case.

Sonic Prime season 1 (2022) The adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog go into overdrive when a run-in with Dr. Eggman results in a literal universe-shattering event. Sonic races through the Shatter-verse, discovering strange worlds and enlisting new friends in the epic adventure of a lifetime.

Violet Evergarden: Recollections (2021) (Japanese) An emotionally scarred former child soldier becomes a letter writer in this condensed recap of the moving, gorgeously animated award-winning series.

The Big 4 (2022) (Indonesian) Four retired assassins spring back into action when they cross paths with a straight-arrow cop who's determined to track down an elusive murderer....

The Teacher (2022) 4 Episodes When a student accuses her of assault, a popular English teacher struggles to recall what happened on the drunken night that put her future in peril.

RED 2 (2013) Ex-CIA agent Frank Moses and his crew return for another high-stakes mission, scouring the globe for a missing nuclear device..

Spotlight (2015) A team of reporters and editors at the Boston Globe relentlessly investigate a shocking child molestation cover-up by the Catholic Church.

Bad Santa 2 (2016) Sad-sack Santa Willie Soke isn't known for doing the right thing. Now, with help from his mom, he's about to take his act to a whole new level of bad.

The Last Legion (2007) With his empire crumbling and his parents dead, 12-year-old Roman Emperor Romulus is exiled to Capri with his mystical tutor.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

+ Harry & Meghan episodes 4-6

Advertisement