Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

Worst Roommate Ever is excellent.

Fascinating true crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

In 5 parts?! Does (yet another) documentary need to be that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Thanks a million I'll check those out, I have a newborn so need plenty to keep me going when doing the nightfeeds!

Its not the same roommate in each episode. I think its well paced. Some background and build up in each case makes it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭bejeezus

Trial by media was another excellent documentary series. I haven’t watched worst roommate yet but planning to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

In fairness I think it might focus on multiple cases

Yeah Trial By Media is a good watch. Some slimey lawyers in that. Or good lawyers dependin on how you look at it - not their fault the court of public opinion is half the battle in the good old USA. Good true crime shows are hard to beat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Can never remember if there's a general streaming recommendations thread, but I'm really enjoying Mythic Quest on Apple TV+ and just wanted to share with the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There isn't a general Apple TV+ thread when given the amount of content they now have I think the board could benefit from one.

A lot of the shows have dedicated threads I think though.

I watched the first few episodes of Mythic Quest when I started my subscription not so long ago. Thought it was enjoyable but never got properly stuck into it.

I was watching a couple of heavier dramas and when I'd finished them I just wanted something light to pass the time, and have found it to be the perfect show. I have to admit, Apple has gotten a lot better lately, and there's a few new things coming too that look good. Still probably not enough to warrant a year long subscription, but I'm getting good use out of the 3 free months they randomly gave me.

• Advertisement

I did start to watch it, but saw the 1st ep was an hour long and wasn't in the mood for something that long. Haven't gone back to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) - After learning that his ex-girlfriend had an experimental medical procedure to purge all memories of him, a man decides to do the same with her.

The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure (2022) (Korean) - A gutsy crew of Joseon pirates and bandits battle stormy waters, puzzling clues and militant rivals in search of royal gold lost at sea..

Savage Rhythm (2022) Season 1(Spanish) - The opposite worlds of two dancers in Colombia clash on and off the dance floor when their ambition to succeed leads them down a treacherous path..

Against The Ice (2022) Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Joe Cole team up for this survival drama inspired by the true story of Denmark’s 1909 polar expedition. Exploring Greenland's vast landscape for a lost map, two men must fight to survive.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Haven't seen Eternal Sunshine for ages, properly love that film. Guessing everyone's seen it but, if you haven't, do yourself a favour and stick it on 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Struggling to get through episode 3 of the new Vikings. It’s poor enough fare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just finishd the 8 episodes - thought it was very good.

It did start a bit slow, developing the characters from scratch takes time but it is worth seeing through.

Only season 1, I expect it will get better again.

Episode 4 was a big improvement at least. I think I was expecting it to be in same level as the original series but it’s nowhere near.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I enjoyed it while I watched it, it was fun, but didn't really warm to any of the characters or their relationships and have kind of forgotten about it now

The characters are not likeable at all. It like they just picked out a load of RADA graduates and expected the show to be a success because of the original series. The original series was so great, full of legendary characters, great stories, epic battles and never ending betrayals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Inventing Anna gets a thumbs up 👍 from me. Very enjoyable

• Advertisement

Surviving Paradise: A Family Tale (2022) - In this wildlife drama, a worsening dry season in the Kalahari Desert leaves prides, packs and herds to rely on the power of family to survive..

Whindersson Nunes: My Own Show! (2022) (Brazilian) - Comedian Whindersson Nunes brings his quirky impersonations and streetwise takes on different cultures to the historic stage of Teatro Amazonas.

The Weekend Away (2021) - When her best friend vanishes during a girls trip to Croatia, Beth races to figure out what happened. But each clue yields another unsettling deception.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2021) Season 2 - Mighty teen Adam and his heroic squad of misfits discover the legendary power of Grayskull -- and their destiny to defend Eternia from sinister Skeletor.

Power Rangers Dino Fury (2021) Season 2 - With the prehistoric force of the dinosaurs, a new crew of Power Rangers must deal with a menacing army of alien creatures attacking Earth

The Parisian Agency: Exclusive Properties (2021) Season 2 (French) - This reality series follows the Kretz family and their luxury property business as they help clients buy and sell fabulous homes in France and abroad..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭dublin49

Watched "Against the Ice " last night,really enjoyed it ,engaging stuff and the fact that its based on a true story adds to the enjoyment.Nothing terribly dramatic ,just a good story ,with good actors in a hostile but beautiful setting.Thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

I've just started it. Nothing thst great about it yet but I'll keep going + hopefully it will get better.

PIECES OF HER (2022) Season 1 - A woman pieces together her mother's dark past after a violent attack in their small town brings hidden threats and deadly secrets to light.

Lies and Deceit (2020) Season 1 ( Spanish) A literature teacher seeks justice against a surgeon she claims date raped her, while he vehemently denies her accounts of the encounter..

Making Fun (2022) Season 1 - Grumpy expert maker Jimmy DiResta fields kids' ideas for delightfully pointless inventions. Then -- if he's in the mood -- he and his pals build 'em

Nightride (2022) - This real-time crime thriller follows a drug dealer trying to pull one last score. As his plans rapidly unravel, he must improvise in order to survive.

Meskina (2021) (Dutch) - Heartbroken, jobless and in her 30s, Leyla sets out to reinvent herself and search for happiness amid her family's attempts to recouple her..

The Invisible Thread (2022) (Italian) - A teenage son of two fathers makes a documentary about his parents but is surprised when a real-life plot twist occurs in his family.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Nightride (2022) - This real-time crime thriller follows a drug dealer trying to pull one last score. As his plans rapidly unravel, he must improvise in order to survive.

I heard this is a one shot take, so could be interesting. It’s in Belfast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wouldn't be Apatow's biggest fan but this could be helped by a pretty good cast (which includes his wife and daughter this time).

I think it'll be the fourth time he's directed his wife and this daughter although the latter's roles wouldn't have been as big in the past.

I'm assuming his other daughter didn't feature this time as she was off filming Euphoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's completely right. I forgot they were always "the kids" in his movies.

August: Osage County (2014) - When their father disappears, three strong-willed women return to their childhood home and to their equally strong-willed mother.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Watched this. It's quite entertaining. Idea has been done before (Locke with Tom Hardy).

But I enjoyed it. It's quite tense. I think the fact that it is set in Ireland gives it Brownie points for me.

Advertisement