Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, think I'm going to downgrade package with that. Bit too expensive now

Formula 1: Drive to Survive (2022) Season 4 - Drivers, managers and team owners live life in the fast lane -- both on and off the track -- during each cutthroat season of Formula 1 racing

Mosley: It's Complicated (2020) - In an interview, Formula One executive Max Mosley delves into his career as a racer, infamous father, controversies and passion for road safety.

The Adam Project (2022) - After accidentally crash-landing in 2022, time-traveling fighter pilot Adam Reed teams up with his 12-year-old self on a mission to save the future.

Hail, Caesar! (2016) - When a major star is kidnapped from a movie set, a hard-charging but overwhelmed studio boss sets out to find the actor and save the film.

Taboo (2017) Season 1 - Long thought to be dead, an adventurer returns to London to avenge his father's death -- and finds himself up against the powerful East India Company..

Once Upon a Time... Happily Never After (2022) Season 1 - (Spanish) A couple forced to separate must find each other in another life to break a spell on their town, where no one can fall in love

Life After Death with Tyler Henry (2022) Season 1 - Clairvoyant medium Tyler Henry offers clarity and closure from the beyond while searching through his own family's past in an intimate reality series.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'll keep up my sub. for now but , like others, in the future I'm going to switch to just paying for a few months at a time and binge watch the stuff I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I've dropped down to the standard. Use to have the premium sub purely so that in theory all four of us in the house could watch Netflix at the same time. The kids mainly only watch podcasts and streams on Youtube these days and I watch very little of it. I doubt it's ever going to be on more than two screens here. It doesn't feel like a good value service anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It might not be an issue for you but I find that the biggest problem with streaming is now the sheer speed and volume with which spoilers appear. If you're on social media at all you'd need to watch things almost the day they're released or risk the memes spoiling things. Even something like The Power of the Dog had memes within a few hours of being released. I'm even struggling to avoid spoilers for things like Drive My Car and The Worst Person In The World at the moment. I think I'm away when the new season of Stranger Things drops and I know it's going to be impossible to avoid seeing something when it does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh for real. and it's funny how short the statute of limitations has become with spoilers, when the larger world does adhere to spoiler-free zones: with Spider-Man: Far From Home, most outlets were very good at keeping the larger secrets and developments at bay... until about a month ago when suddenly everybody was just like "oh yeah that happens, wasn't that cool?". Never got a chance to catch it in the cinemas so had kept myself relatively ignorant of spoilers (beyond the ones everyone had guessed ages ago), now it was all for nothing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I read something recently too that talked about this kind of thing, it might have been Marvel specific, but it mentioned that there was a thing happened in the latest Bond film that nobody mentioned at all, compared to the likes of Spider-Man or even the Marvel series on Disney. I find streaming in general is pretty bad for it though, and as you say there's a very short time where even the legit outlets will keep quiet about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

The weekend away is not a bad movie. Watched it last night 8/10 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Must admit, spoilers really don't bother me anymore. I don't go looking for them but if I accidentally find out something about a show or movie I was going to watch, it's going to make zero difference to me watching it. I use to get annoyed but honestly can't see the point anymore. It's just light entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep I'm in same boat. I dont then to watch stuff thats hot off the presses and so by time I get to stuff, even if I did see a spoiler, I'll have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Drive to survive season 4 oh hook it up to my vains 😆

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Don’t have kids then! Kids are just the most expensive thing. Like with holidays and family meals out. You get the same benefit as when you were childless but you pay double/triple the price. 🙄

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That's the weekend sorted! Cannot wait to relive it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

With the newest price rise would any of you consider signing up via turkey? Works out at €3.40 per month for the premium 4K package

• Registered Users Posts: 9,560 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

True....but the action speaks for itself, especially last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I would if it was just me but my parents TV is connected to my account and it would just be too complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

You might want to look up the details. It is not at all complicated and once signed up nobody on the account would even know the difference.

But, I also don't want the whole world to sign up via Turkey cos then they'll either increase the yorker price or put in restrictions to make it as complicated as people think it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yeah it's far too complicated to change the sub to a different country and you won't be saving that much money.

Not to mention it's morally wrong so do the right thing people and keep it legit.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Even If you try to sign up for a Turkish account they ask for your phone number to send a text, you cant really bypass that with your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Watching The Adam Project, bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Watched it last night too. I thought it started really well for the first 45 mins. But it kinda faded away to nothing.

I generally like Ryan Reynolds films, but I found the interactions between his character and the young fellow started to get annoying after a while.

If what is wanted is silly light-hearted entertainment, it will tick the box. But not overly impressive in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The Adam Project like a lot of Netflix marquee movies of the last few years is mildly entertaining and immediately forgettable. Not sure why they play it safe with these bug budget movies when they have no box office to worry about

17 Again (2009) - Nearing a midlife crisis, thirty-something Mike wishes for a "do-over" -- and that's exactly what he gets when he wakes up to find he's 17 again

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Really enjoyed this at the time. I'll never forget going to see it in a cinema packed with teenage girls who were all very excited to see Zac take his shirt off (I genuinely overheard a group talking about it).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Really enjoying Pieces of Her, on episode 4 which is good one as uncovers what is going on.

Advertisement