Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Brightburn (2019) – Superpowered horror that unofficially tells the story of “what if Superman was born evil.

This is a decent watch.
    From what I remember it's begging for a sequel which was hinted at in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That list isn't particularly inspiring. I think we're really starting to see the fall out from productions being shut down or scaled back because of Covid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That list isn't particularly inspiring. I think we're really starting to see the fall out from productions being shut down or scaled back because of Covid.

I think it has been like that for a while now TBH; as you say it's fallout from CoVid shutting down so much, but on the flipside, Netflix yesterday claimed that You, Witcher and Cobra Kai will all return this year (albeit in the winter)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

F*ck me, it's May next week! :eek:

Kominsky Method - Season 3. Bring it on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stowaway is painfully dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭Homelander

peteeeed wrote: »
    May 2nd
    Colony (Season 3) – Netflix UK finally gets the final season of the sci-fi series starring Josh Holloway and Sarah Wayne Callies.

Terribly misleading phrasing. I pity anyone who gets invested only to discover it was cancelled abruptly with zero story resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Watched Sixty Six this afternoon when I should have been out and about. Can’t believe I cried at the end. Lovely little film. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Appalling to be honest. Glad I have Amazon as a fall back... and Nowtv with a few watcheable old box sets... and cable and and
    I got very whiny in my dotage

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Castlevania, Love, Death & Robots, Camp Cretaceous and Lucifer.
    Unsure about Jupiter's Legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its Netflix game of thrones like new show day

Shadow and Bone: Season 1
    Based on Leigh Bardugo’s bestselling Grishaverse novels, the series is set in a world cleaved in two by a massive barrier of perpetual darkness, where unnatural creatures feast on human flesh, the series follows Alina Starkov (Jessie Mei Li), a young soldier who uncovers a power that might finally unite her country. But as she struggles to hone her power, she finds that allies and enemies can be one and the same and that nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. There are dangerous forces at play, including a crew of charismatic criminals, and it will take more than magic to survive.

Tell Me When
    Workaholic Will puts his humdrum life in LA on hold to fulfill his grandpa’s last wish: visiting Mexico City’s most iconic sights and falling in love.

and some turkish (quite a few) movies including husband factor and the sequel husband factor 2

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Castlevania, Love, Death & Robots, Camp Cretaceous and Lucifer.
    Unsure about Jupiter's Legacy.

Loved the first season, was a big surprise for me.

Looking forward to watching this new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Fincher supposedly back in talks with Netflix about season 3 of Mindhunter and upbeat about the project's prospects. Oh please let this be true.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/22/mindhunter-season-3-may-happen-with-david-fincher-in-talks-with-netflix-14457637/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Stowaway is painfully dreadful.

God, no, disagree completely. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Paced well, understated acting, good (small) cast.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hadn't realised Stowaway is the same director as Arctic. Really liked Arctic so will give it a watch for sure.

Death becomes her is worth a watch. Clever movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Get Even Season 1
    In a secret act of skilful revenge, four private school classmates team up and work together to expose a string of schoolwide injustices.

Shadow and Bone - The Afterparty
    Stars of Netflix's "Shadow and Bone" discuss the show's epic combat scenes, answer some fan questions and play an "Army vs. Crows" trivia game.

added

I watched The Death of Stalin after it was recommended here. Really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The way Death of Stalin pivoted from dark farce, to a full blown chaotic horror show in its last act was masterful. Just before the audience got too cosy with these malevolent idiots, boom. The film reminded us these were evil, murderous people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Death of Stalin is an amazing film. It manages to be both horrifying and hilarious at the same time. It really just nails that “what do I do next” scenario, with the stakes so high and your reaction to something could mean life or death. I don’t know how historically accurate it is, but it really does capture the moments of when a big shift happens and your next chess move means everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

God, no, disagree completely. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Paced well, understated acting, good (small) cast.

Ridiculous ending.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Watched The Foreigner last night with Jackie Chan & Brosnan, a 2017 release; had seen it before but forgot how good a flick it really is. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Watched Stowaway yesterday evening with my daughter (she's 12), both of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just finished the last two episodes of Kingdom
    I’m broken :D

Best series I’ve watched in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

This Is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist is about 1 - 2 hours too long.

Watchable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Finishing up first season of Dirty John.

Absorbing stuff.

True story!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Did a lot of Stowaway end up on the cutting room floor?

How/why did the guy end up there? Was there a scripted reason that was cut because maybe it made no sense or could it have been because the actor couldn't act his lines (I thought he was terrible)?

Why did the door of the oxygen room go flying off when Kendrick opened it up?

I watched with my partner and my daughter and it was a solid 3 thumbs down in this house.

Not Netflix but we all loved The Sound of Metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

humberklog wrote: »

How/why did the guy end up there? Was there a scripted reason that was cut because maybe it made no sense or could it have been because the actor couldn't act his lines (I thought he was terrible)?

I watched with my partner and my daughter and it was a solid 3 thumbs down in this house.

Not Netflix but we all loved The Sound of Metal.

I thought Stowaway was a series. When I realised it wasn't, I was dumbstruck by the slow going-nowhere storyline.

I don't get it.. maybe it started off a series and they cut it into a movie to finish it? It doesn't quite make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

any good horror films on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    any good horror films on Netflix

Two I've watched recently...

House at the end of the street.

The Strangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

humberklog wrote: »

I watched with my partner and my daughter and it was a solid 3 thumbs down in down

This was my major gripe with it too, spent the first three quarters of the movie thinking the main plot point was how and why the stowaway was there but towards the end it becomes apparent it's just a space survival story. I still enjoyed it though, it just would've been better if they had spent a little bit of time to square that piece of the story away. Also I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be carrying multiples of such a key piece of equipment, isn't the mantra of Nasa something like 'always have backups of backups of backups'

Advertisement