Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Family have been warned not to watch it as we've decided to watch it together on Christmas Eve in front if a roaring fire and a very big bag of sweets.

By 'we' I mean me of course:)

That's the perfect way to watch it :D
    I was tempted to watch as soon as it landed but in the end held off until I had the decorations up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Watched Klaus based on the recommendations in here and it didn't disappoint! Fantastic little film and I loved how the ending
    leaves the magic of how Klaus became an immortal Santa who can visit every child on earth in a night totally unexplained

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Nice wee Christmas movie.
    One thing I would've liked to see in it
    was what happened the naughty kid. Just see him being nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jack Whitehall: Christmas with My Father
    Jack Whitehall invites his notoriously stuffy father onstage in London's West End for a Christmas comedy extravaganza, complete with celebrity guests.

added

6 Underground (Ryan Reynolds ,Micheal Bay)
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/6_underground
    What’s the best part of being dead? It isn’t escaping your boss, your ex, or even erasing your criminal record. The best part about being dead…is the freedom.

That’s the premise behind 6 Underground, Michael Bay’s new movie for Netflix. 6 Underground introduces a new kind of action hero. Six individuals from all around the globe, each the very best at what they do, have been chosen not only for their skill, but for a unique desire to delete their pasts to change the future. The team is brought together by an enigmatic leader (Ryan Reynolds), whose sole mission in life is to ensure that, while he and his fellow operatives will never be remembered, their actions damn sure will.

The 9th Precinct(Taiwanese)
    An idealistic cop joins an underground police unit and battles ghoulish forces threatening the balance between the human and the supernatural realm

added

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone watching the Confession killer? One of those true crime stories that shows the police in a poor light.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone watching the Confession killer? One of those true crime stories that shows the police in a poor light.

Also waiting on reports on this
    Need a Xmas show

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Watching 6 Underground now. Shouty people, fireworks, yer man off Deadpool. Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

sweetie wrote: »

Just finished it..First 2 episodes slow but setting things up. After that its actually amazing what happens..good watch..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Papu Chulo was a good watch. Thou still wondering why it was backed by RTÉ and The Irish Board.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Papu Chulo was a good watch. Thou still wondering why it was backed by RTÉ and The Irish Board.

Written and directed by Irish man John Butler

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Marriage story. Meh about the film. Adam Driver was phenomenal.

He looked huge in this film. A very physical presence and fantastic acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Documentary called Sour Grapes unloaded recently.

Really great easy watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The Impossible is a great film.
    Warning: Have tissues to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

The Impossible is a great film.
    Warning: Have tissues to hand.
    Big fan of Naomi Watts, huh?

12 years a slave

Hope: One in a Billion
    The remarkable true story of Gift Ngoepe, the first African to play for Major League Baseball, is recounted in this inspiring documentary.

Prince avalanche

Underdogs
    Téo Frank travels the U.S. to create this documentary about underground hip-hop artists doing exceptional work outside the music industry
    Added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Little Prince is a lovely version of the classic French story, seen it a few times and always get something in my eye. Off topic, you can buy an excellent quality Fox from numerous sellers on aliexpress.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I just finished episode 2 of virgin river and I'm liking it. Bar the fact that it seems the same type of characters are in most American TV shows virgin river so far at least doesn't make it painfully obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

peteeeed wrote: »

Is the lead actor in that Henry Cavill? Or is it someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fin12 wrote: »
    Is the lead actor in that Henry Cavill? Or is it someone else?

It is Henry Cavill. I only know that because I saw it will on Netflix and looked it up on imdb to see what it was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I just finished episode 2 of virgin river and I'm liking it. Bar the fact that it seems the same type of characters are in most American TV shows virgin river so far at least doesn't make it painfully obvious.

For me, Virgin River is cheesy and predictable. It's like a drawn out Hallmark movie.

In saying that, I'm somehow on episode 10. It's in the "It's so bad that it's good" category. An easy watch for a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Syndic wrote: »
    For me, Virgin River is cheesy and predictable. It's like a drawn out Hallmark movie.

In saying that, I'm somehow on episode 10. It's in the "It's so bad that it's good" category. An easy watch for a hangover.

Sounds ****e.....I must watch this immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Watched Marriage Story today after hearing some good reviews on it but not sure what to make of it. Good performances in it and it was an interesting view into when a relationship breaks down but I don't know, it just felt a bit boring?

The Irishman is another I am unsure on so far, have tried to sit down to watch it and must of roughly got through an hour of it but really not doing it for me so far. Usually I would love these types of films and I was really looking forward to its release but it hasn't gripped me yet, will get around to watching the rest of it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watched Marriage Story today after hearing some good reviews on it but not sure what to make of it. Good performances in it and it was an interesting view into when a relationship breaks down but I don't know, it just felt a bit boring?

The Irishman is another I am unsure on so far, have tried to sit down to watch it and must of roughly got through an hour of it but really not doing it for me so far. Usually I would love these types of films and I was really looking forward to its release but it hasn't gripped me yet, will get around to watching the rest of it soon.

I loved marriage story....one of those ones that just had me from the start. I started the Irishman but havnt gone back to it! Maybe over Christmas but it didn’t really me either!

Accepted (2006)

American Pie Presents: The Book of Love

Bring It On Again

Bring it On: All or Nothing

Charlie St. Cloud

The Grandmaster

Half Baked

Honey

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

The Invention of Lying

Jarhead

Knocked Up

Land of the Lost (will ferrell)

Public Enemies

Ray

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Smokin' Aces

The Thing(remake/prequel)

Doom (2005)

Death Race (2008)

added

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lots of popcorn in that round of additions. Happy to see Accepted (2006) in there as it's one of my favourite of those dumb stoner comedies and the core premise of
    college being a place to explore your interests in order to discover your talents
    is one the idealistic side of me really likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Virgin river is brilliant, watched the whole thing in one sitting. Great to hear there is going to be a second season.

Funny Cow (2017)

Ronny Chieng: Asian Comedian Destroys America!
    Ronny Chieng ("The Daily Show," "Crazy Rich Asians") takes center stage in this stand-up special and riffs on modern American life and more.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

fin12 wrote: »
    Virgin river is brilliant, watched the whole thing in one sitting. Great to hear there is going to be a second season.
    Yeah, it's an easy watch. It's very light and fluffy, extremely predictable and soapy at times but has a good cast and is generally well done.

Advertisement