Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »
    Look I don't need a smart comment, when I say movie, I mean actual actors playing and animation movie where actors are just doing voice over, I think it’s self explanatory what I was asking?

My post answers your question. No need to get so snappy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

My post answers your question. No need to get so snappy about it.

It didn’t answer my question, the two posters after u answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am looking for The Same Sky on Netflix . Online it is telling me it is available on Netflix Ireland .But when I search for it and scroll down to that name it wont play or open it .Anyone know if its available in Ireland on Netflix please
    It is on All 4
    https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-same-sky

EDIT
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Looks like it was on netflix UK / Ireland but channel 4 seem to have the streaming rights to it right now.

Sorry - hadn't seen your post

It didn’t answer my question, the two posters after u answered my question.

I said it's both, meaning it's an animated movie. I think it's self explanatory what I was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I said it's both, meaning it's an animated movie. I think it's self explanatory what I was saying.

Just p*ss off, I’m the one who asked the question and after your stupid reply to that I wasn’t one bit clearer on what type of film it was. I knew it was was going to be pointless viewing any post u make.

• Advertisement

Just p*ss off, I’m the one who asked the question and after your stupid reply to that I wasn’t one bit clearer on what type of film it was. I knew it was was going to be pointless viewing any post u make.

The several posts mentioning it was animated didn't make it any clearer, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

15:17 Paris is a good movie, Directed by Clint Eastwood and Stars the the three American soldiers that plays themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Field of Dreams is still well worth a watch if you need cheering up, and the occasional kick in the feels. Still get grit in my eye a couple of times when I watch, and James Earl Jones is great.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't think I'd like the queens Gambit but I'm two episodes in and it's actually very good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

46 Long wrote: »
    Not showing up on my Netflix at all. Looks class though, thanks for the the recommendation.

I found it on All 4 . It started on More 4 three weeks ago so am catching up on C4 on Virgin on demand

Watched the first episode last night and really good .
    The Same Sky , set in east and west Berlin in the 70’s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Suckit wrote: »
    It is on All 4
    https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-same-sky

EDIT

Sorry - hadn't seen your post

Thank you I found it in All 4 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

mikhail wrote: »
    That's not even the best Iron Man movie.

False !!!
    It’s by a distance the best Iron man movie. Shane Black is a genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Enjoyed His House. Probably the best Netflix film I've seen to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sister, Sister is a welcome addiction, kind of a 90s staple for me growing up and it's the complete series.

Sister sister is on Netflix ? Jesus I haven’t seen that show in years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sister sister is on Netflix ? Jesus I haven’t seen that show in years.

Go Home Roger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

RasTa wrote: »

Thought it was fairly plop except for 2 or 3 scares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

RasTa wrote:

Irish Netflix? I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

RasTa wrote:

Irish Netflix? I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭budgemook

Into The Spiderverse a generic superhero origin movie? Disagree for about 10 different reasons.

Does anyone have any recommendation for something light hearted and funny to watch on a Saturday night? (I've already watched Into the Spiderverse).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

budgemook wrote: »
    Into The Spiderverse a generic superhero origin movie? Disagree for about 10 different reasons.

Does anyone have any recommendation for something light hearted and funny to watch on a Saturday night? (I've already watched Into the Spiderverse).

Game Night is a good laugh.

I really enjoyed Extra Ordinary and Juliet Naked too but the last time I recommended those the posters in question didn't like them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Charlie19 wrote: »
    15:17 Paris is a good movie, Directed by Clint Eastwood and Stars the the three American soldiers that plays themselves.

I thought it was cack. Having three original guys play themselves was a terrible idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I know it's been recommended a lot but after watching two episodes of 'The Queen's Gambit', I really like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Game Night is a good laugh.

I really enjoyed Extra Ordinary and Juliet Naked too but the last time I recommended those the posters in question didn't like them :o

I didn’t mind Juliet Naked but I am a big fan of High Fidelity and About A Boy. I’ll check those other two out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Into the spider-verse very nicely avoids the origin story again problem by also giving you a version of spider man thats far beyond career wise that anything else thats been shown in cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Surrounded
    After their seaplane crashes, two sisters must use all of their ingenuity and survival skills to stay alive in waters brimming with hungry sharks

Office Uprising
    Office workers at an ammunition and weapons company must fight for their lives when an energy drink transforms their fellow employees into zombies

Added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Basq wrote: »
    I know it's been recommended a lot but after watching two episodes of 'The Queen's Gambit', I really like it a lot.

One of the best things Netflix have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

peteeeed wrote: »
    Surrounded
    After their seaplane crashes, two sisters must use all of their ingenuity and survival skills to stay alive in waters brimming with hungry sharks

Office Uprising
    Office workers at an ammunition and weapons company must fight for their lives when an energy drink transforms their fellow employees into zombies

Added
    Office uprising is actually good fun if you are into zombie films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Ditch Emilyinparis and instead watch Callmyagent (10%) for some true gallic comedy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭Homelander

gmisk wrote: »
    Office uprising is actually good fun if you are into zombie films.

I thought that was painfully bad. So much so that I couldn't even finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭Homelander

Watched Calm with Horses last night. Thought it was really excellent.

People down-rating it on IMDB it because it's not an action movie with drug deals and murders every 5 minutes is ridiculous.

It's an excellent character drama with a crime backdrop. Indisputably the best Irish film I've seen in quite some time.

Absolutely love Niamh Algar as well, and Cosmo Jarvis as Arm is just incredible.

Advertisement