Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just finished To The Lake, which was recommended on here earlier

Very well made Russian thriller, very bingeworthy. Grim but bits of humour thrown into the mix. A lot better than any post apocalyptic stuff you get from the US. Also puts into perspective how much worse this pandemic could be!
    Certainly looking forward to season 2

8/10 from me

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just starting to watch Line Of Duty , twas a long wait for Season 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    After being bitten by a radioactive spider, Brooklyn teen Miles Morales gets a crash course in web-slinging from his alternate-dimension counterparts.

A New York Christmas Wedding
    As her wedding nears, a bride-to-be is visited by an angel who reveals what could have been if she'd followed feelings for her childhood best friend.

Who You Think I Am (French)
    A romantically spurned professor creates a fictional online profile that leads to a remote affair with a younger man who's a friend of her former flame.

Sister, Sister (6 seasons)
    Separated at birth, twin sisters Tia Landry and Tamera Campbell reunite after 14 years and soon move in together, blending families and personalities.

Country Ever After season 1
    Country artist Coffey Anderson and his wife, hip-hop dancer Criscilla, juggle family life, career goals and tests of faith in this reality series.

Wrong Kind of Black season 1
    In 1970s Melbourne, a DJ named Boori Monty Pryor and his brother Paul navigate racial tensions and police encounters amid disco and discrimination.

The Late Bloomer
    A sex therapist with pituitary issues finally gets to experience puberty in all its glory at age 30

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

oneilla wrote: »
    Last watched it about two years. It has aged so, so well. a blistering blockbuster film of the 2000s.

Watched it last night. The notion of conscientious bank robbers was a conceit I could not abide. Other than that it was passable fodder but not worthy of blistering accolade imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Most people have already seen Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse but if you haven't, get on it straight away. Absolutely amazing visuals in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Most people have already seen Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse but if you haven't, get on it straight away. Absolutely amazing visuals in it.

I have not seen it, I will get on it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am looking for The Same Sky on Netflix . Online it is telling me it is available on Netflix Ireland .But when I search for it and scroll down to that name it wont play or open it .Anyone know if its available in Ireland on Netflix please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is that the one with Toby maquire or the guy who used go out with Emma Stone?

I really like the spider man film where Jamie Fox is in it and plays these radioactive baddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

All joking aside, the animation is absolutely stunning and despite the many retreads and reboots Sony have done in the last twenty years, the story feels fresh. Definitely one of my favourite animated films of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭Patser

Just in here to also say Spiderman- Spiderverse one of the best Superhero movies of all time. 1 bit near start with Kingpin and Spiderman might affect younger kids, but from 6, 7 years up they should be good and I mean all the way up to adults. It's brilliant, fantastic animation and one of the best soundtracks ever

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Spiderverse was both a fantastic Spiderman movie, but also a damn good (animated) movie in of itself, a real palette cleanser to remind that super hero films can be something creative and unique. The era of MCU longform storytelling has kinda rendered the genre very samey. Spiderverse the rather brilliant exception.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Let's be honest, it pretty much ****s all over every other Superhero film of the last 20 years bar maybe The Dark Knight. And I say that as someone who actually likes the MCU for the most part.

(imo, I should add)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's the only truly great Marvel movie, and I say that without even a second's hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It's the only truly great Marvel movie, and I say that without even a second's hesitation.

Iron man 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Iron man 3
    That's not even the best Iron Man movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I like Spider-Verse, I need to rewatch it but I do feel it gets overhyped. The animation is amazing but at it's heart it is a fairly generic superhero origin film and I wish the alternative Spider-Men got more screen time and development. Like I said though, I need to rewatch it and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Sister, Sister is a welcome addiction, kind of a 90s staple for me growing up and it's the complete series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looking forward to revisiting Into the Spiderverse. I don't remember it being particularly generic, even if you did take away what they did stylistically.

In other Netflix news, they are piloting a traditional television channel in France called Direct. Wonder how keen people are to have a curated schedule of Netflix originals and other movies and TV shows. Can see the appeal.

Sister, Sister is a welcome addiction, kind of a 90s staple for me growing up and it's the complete series.

That's my weekends sorted for a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Patser wrote: »
    Just in here to also say Spiderman- Spiderverse one of the best Superhero movies of all time. 1 bit near start with Kingpin and Spiderman might affect younger kids, but from 6, 7 years up they should be good and I mean all the way up to adults. It's brilliant, fantastic animation and one of the best soundtracks ever
    Outstanding film.
    My husband laughed at me for insisting we go to see it in the cinema, he loved it too, not into superhero films at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Just put on as good as it gets. Just added. One of my favourite films

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"GO HOME ROGER!!"

We need Kenan and Kel to be fair..

Is Superman spiderverse a movie or an animation movie?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fin12 wrote: »

It's both.

It's both.

Look I don't need a smart comment, when I say movie, I mean actual actors playing and animation movie where actors are just doing voice over, I think it’s self explanatory what I was asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am looking for The Same Sky on Netflix . Online it is telling me it is available on Netflix Ireland .But when I search for it and scroll down to that name it wont play or open it .Anyone know if its available in Ireland on Netflix please

Not showing up on my Netflix at all. Looks class though, thanks for the the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

All joking aside, the animation is absolutely stunning and despite the many retreads and reboots Sony have done in the last twenty years, the story feels fresh. Definitely one of my favourite animated films of all time.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Spiderverse was both a fantastic Spiderman movie, but also a damn good (animated) movie in of itself, a real palette cleanser to remind that super hero films can be something creative and unique. The era of MCU longform storytelling has kinda rendered the genre very samey. Spiderverse the rather brilliant exception.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    I like Spider-Verse, I need to rewatch it but I do feel it gets overhyped. The animation is amazing but at it's heart it is a fairly generic superhero origin film and I wish the alternative Spider-Men got more screen time and development. Like I said though, I need to rewatch it and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

See above.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Look I don't need a smart comment, when I say movie, I mean actual actors playing and animation movie where actors are just doing voice over, I think it’s self explanatory what I was asking?
    Computer-animated film with voice actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Looks like it was on netflix UK / Ireland but channel 4 seem to have the streaming rights to it right now.

Advertisement