Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gilly1910

fin12 wrote: »
    Thought the second season of the alienist was very good. Preferred this season to the 1st one.
    really hoped Sarah and John would end up as a couple.

Just started watching the second series of The Alienist, and the jury is still out. Sadly the second or third series in a lot of these programs are rarely as good, with the Sinner been a massive case in point, the third series was awful. I've actually started to realise as well as there is some great stuff on my Sky Box, Sky Documentaries is top notch, love it, worth the subscription alone. Also giving a huge shout out to 'Brassic', absolutely loved it, god knows when we'll get another series of these loveable rogues?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Odeta wrote: »
    Watched The Girl in the Spider's Web. Claire Foy was excellent but I think the Swedish trilogy is better.

I was really disappointed with it.

A pale imitation of the Millennium Trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Just watched Extra Ordinary - took it for what it was absolute nonsense but also a light hearted feel good film. Good few belly laughs and really enjoyed - much better than some of the shi*e i've watched recently

I just finished Strong Girl Bong-soon, I loved it! Good light hearted fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

crazylady1 wrote: »
    Happy! Is very good. We have watched 5 episodes in last three nights.

Was very upset when it was cancelled, excellent show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Beginning of Life
    Scientists, advocates and parents around the world explore how carefully tending to kids' earliest needs can shape the course of human society.

Felix Lobrecht: Hype
    Felix Lobrecht aims his dark humor at overly polite culture, weird laughter, the sheer awkwardness of a walking baby and more in this stand-up special.

MOTHER (japanese)
    Shuhei's erratic mother feels threatened when he starts to awaken to a world beyond her distorted control, sending the family hurtling towards tragedy.

Ya no estoy aquí: Una conversación entre Guillermo del Toro y Alfonso Cuarón (14 mins long )
    Guillermo del Toro and Alfonso Cuarón discuss fellow Mexican director Fernando Frías de la Parra's award-winning film "I'm No Longer Here."

added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

For the few remaining people that haven't seen it, watch Inside Man. Absolute classic.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

The End of the F***ing World season 2
    A budding teen psychopath and a rebel hungry for adventure embark on a star-crossed road trip in this darkly comic series based on a graphic novel.

Love & Anarchy season 1 (swedish)
    A married consultant and a young IT tech kick off a flirty game that challenges societal norms -- and leads them to re-evaluate their entire lives.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

For the few remaining people that haven't seen it, watch Inside Man. Absolute classic.

Last watched it about two years. It has aged so, so well. a blistering blockbuster film of the 2000s.

• Advertisement

Line of Duty (only season 1 )
    DS Steve Arnott is transferred to a police anticorruption unit after he refuses to be part of a cover-up involving an accidental shooting

Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? Argentinian (true crime documentary)
    A woman is found dead in her bathtub, with a puddle of blood nearby. Her husband theorizes she had an accident. But an autopsy tells a different story.

Midnight at the Magnolia
    Longtime friends and local radio hosts Maggie and Jack fake it as a couple for their families and listeners in hopes of getting their show syndicated.

Operation Christmas Drop
    A by-the-book political aide falls for a big-hearted Air Force pilot while looking to shut down his tropical base and its airborne Christmas tradition

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run
    When his best friend Gary is suddenly snatched away, SpongeBob takes Patrick on a madcap mission far beyond Bikini Bottom to save their pink-shelled pal

The Secret: Dare to Dream
    As she endures a storm of struggle, a widow meets an uplifting professor who hesitates to deliver a message that could change her life.

Rango
    When he becomes lost in the desert, pet chameleon Rango pretends he's a tough guy and ends up sheriff of a corrupt and violent frontier town.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    DS Steve Arnott is transferred to a police anticorruption unit after he refuses to be part of a cover-up involving an accidental shooting
    For the 3 people who haven't seen it, this is worth a watch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'm optimistic about Spongebob - Sponge on the Run. The animation in the trailer looked fantastic and it looks to be funnier than the last movie which was a bit of a dud. The first movie is fantastic.

Jeremy Irons, George MacKay star in Netflix’s Munich

Based on the book by Robert Harris, the film takes us to Autumn 1938, as Europe stands on the brink of war. Adolf Hitler is preparing to invade Czechoslovakia and Neville Chamberlain’s government desperately seeks a peaceful solution. With the pressure building, Hugh Legat, British civil servant, and Paul von Hartmann, German diplomat, travel to Munich for the emergency Conference. As negotiations begin, the two old friends find themselves at the centre of a web of political subterfuge and very real danger. With the whole world watching, can war be averted and, if so, at what cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Jeremy Irons, George MacKay star in Netflix’s Munich
    Currently shooting with a release likely in 2021.

Interesting, the book is very good, hopefully they pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

it looks to be funnier than the last movie which was a bit of a dud.

The one with Antonio Banderas? I thought that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Hurrache wrote: »
    The one with Antonio Banderas? I thought that was great.

Wasn't a patch on the first one I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

"Only 1 season", not "Only season 1"

It's Season Five, finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

2020 finally comes good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

My plans to be productive today have just gone out the window.

• Advertisement

apologies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they got rid of the first 4 seasons to make room for season 5

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So they got rid of the first 4 seasons to make room for season 5

i was on episode 3 of season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

i was on episode 3 of season 1

Do they not realise the publicity work you are doing for them?

On a purely selfish note I am delighted

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Do they not realise the publicity work you are doing for them?

On a purely selfish note I am delighted

they don't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I got through all 4 seasons again in anticipation of season 5 coming. Then they got rid of them. Wasn't happy.

Season 5 arrives..... happy again.... that's the weekend sorted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Feck I just started the Queens Gambit last night (it looks really good )

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

km79 wrote: »

Brilliant, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

km79 wrote: »

Why feck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Why feck?

Advertisement