Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

peteeeed wrote: »
    Undercover season 2
    Undercover agents infiltrate a drug kingpin's operation by posing as a couple at the campground where he spends his weekends. Inspired by real events.

added

Really enjoyed season 1 of this even though the bad guys were kind of cartoonish villians. Looking forward to season 2 now. (Note, its in Flemish) Would recommend it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Watching Swedish Dicks with Keanu Reeves, Its a very funny show, 2 series up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

safetyboy wrote: »

I saw that advertised and have it on my list. Will start tonight. Thanks for the recommendation. Love Keanu Reeves

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Watched White Boy Rick over the weekend - enjoyed it's nearly 2 hour run time. A little bit predictable in the end would still recommend it.

Would highly recommend the documentary 'White Boy' also on Netflix. its very good.

Regarding the film, I found they tried to cram too much into the 2 hours or so. Still a good watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

safetyboy wrote: »

What's this about?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FunLover18 wrote: »
    What's this about?

Two Swedish private investigators in LA. Keanu Reeves isn't one of the leads so I don't know how much he is in it. Peter Stormare is one of the titular "dicks" and another Swedish actor I've not seen before.

I had never heard of it until it cropped up on my netflix recommendations the other day. Looks funny enough going by the clip it played and I've always found Stormare a good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I watched the first two episodes yesterday. I wasn't aware Reeves is in it at all; at least, he's not in those two episodes. I didn't think it was funny enough to stick with.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

The Queens Gambit is watchable.. just a nice series. No craziness or wokeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I've got to episode 7 of Swedish Dicks so far.

It's ok if you don't think about it too much. 20 mins an episode, you'll race through it.

Vivian Bang, who plays Peter Stormore's daughter, adds a touch of class to the whole proceedings. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her in future. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I have been re-watching The Office (U.K.) and it seems to have become even funnier in the new world of Trump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Two Swedish private investigators in LA. Keanu Reeves isn't one of the leads so I don't know how much he is in it. Peter Stormare is one of the titular "dicks" and another Swedish actor I've not seen before.

I had never heard of it until it cropped up on my netflix recommendations the other day. Looks funny enough going by the clip it played and I've always found Stormare a good actor.

I had no idea Peter Stormare was Swedish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I've got to episode 7 of Swedish Dicks so far.

It's ok if you don't think about it too much. 20 mins an episode, you'll race through it.
    Saw a clip and it looked silly but fun. Watched first 2 episodes. Really silly, and really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Saw a clip and it looked silly but fun. Watched first 2 episodes. Really silly, and really fun.

Is it in English?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Is it in English?
    Yeah, mostly, with some Swedish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

(No spoilers ahead!)

Re: SE05 Line Of Duty
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    2020 finally comes good!

Just finished the season finale (for the second run through). Absolutely edge-of-the-seat stuff.

Adrian Dunbar deserves recognition for the amazing range he shows as the season progresses. Shout out too to Anna Maxwell Martin who plays Hastings' nemesis, DCS Carmichael.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

BloodyBill wrote: »

Oddly enough, I assume anything with a female or minority lead these days will have plenty of both and steer well clear.

Shows how that carry on backfires

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

(No spoilers ahead!)

Just finished the season finale (for the second run through). Absolutely edge-of-the-seat stuff.

Adrian Dunbar deserves recognition for the amazing range he shows as the season progresses. Shout out too to Anna Maxwell Martin who plays Hastings' nemesis, DCS Carmichael.
    Anna Maxwell Martin is brilliant.
    Those interview scenes with her are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Trial 4 (True Crime Documentary)
    Charged as a teen in the 1993 killing of a Boston cop, Sean K. Ellis fights to prove his innocence while exposing police corruption and systemic racism.

A Queen Is Born: Season 1
    Gloria Groove and Alexia Twister make drag dreams come true as they help six artists find the confidence to own the stage in this makeover series.

Aunty Donna’s Big Ol’ House of Fun Season 1
    Comedy trio Aunty Donna showcase their uniquely absurd and offbeat style through an array of sketches, songs and eclectic characters.

The Liberator: Season 1
    Based on the book The Liberator: One World War II Soldier’s 500-Day Odyssey by Alex Kershaw, this four-part series tells the true story of the bloodiest and most dramatic march to victory of the Second World War: the battlefield odyssey of maverick U.S. Army officer Felix Sparks and his infantry unit, as they fought for over 500 days to liberate Europe. Starring Bradley James, it boasts a jaw-droppingly unique animated format.

What We Wanted (Austrian)
    A couple facing fertility issues finds their marriage tested on a vacation to a Sardinian resort -- and the family next door only adds to the tension.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭whatever76

BloodyBill wrote: »

yea finished it last night - really enjoyed it, was sorry it finised. opened up a whole new world to me regarding Chess.

It so well made and the 60's set design was so well done I thought ( brought me back to Mad Men) - Anya Taylor-Joy was brilliant !

• Advertisement

(No spoilers ahead!)

Is Season 5 the latest one with Stephen Graham in it? Line of Duty is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

whatever76 wrote: »
    yea finished it last night - really enjoyed it, was sorry it finised. opened up a whole new world to me regarding Chess.

It so well made and the 60's set design was so well done I thought ( brought me back to Mad Men) - Anya Taylor-Joy was brilliant !

check twitter, a lot of her clothes were actually based around chess boards and pieces,pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Just released today. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hillbilly Elegy dropping soon, great reviews and Oscar buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hillbilly Elegy dropping soon, great reviews and Oscar buzz

If by great reviews you mean absolutely terrible, then sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Watched 15 mins of Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun on netflix. One of the least funny things I have seen since in the last 20 years. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

dubstepper wrote: »
    Watched 15 mins of Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun on netflix. One of the least funny things I have seen since in the last 20 years. Avoid like the plague.

Were you a fan of their YouTube videos? Was considering watching it, but maybe not now!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dubstepper

VonLuck wrote: »
    Were you a fan of their YouTube videos? Was considering watching it, but maybe not now!

I never saw the youtube videos. I like surreal comedy i.e. mighty boosh, monty python but I found this just annoying.

It may have been the opening scene which was a song "everything is a drum". A cup is a drum, my bum is a drum, is my willy a drum?? That was so juvenile that it set the tone. Maybe if I watched one more but it would need to get some stellar reviews for me to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

dubstepper wrote: »
    I never saw the youtube videos. I like surreal comedy i.e. mighty boosh, monty python but I found this just annoying.

It may have been the opening scene which was a song "everything is a drum". A cup is a drum, my bum is a drum, is my willy a drum?? That was so juvenile that it set the tone. Maybe if I watched one more but it would need to get some stellar reviews for me to go back.

Sounds like you might have gone straight into the deep end. I can see how it wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Watched the first 3 episode of Swedish Dicks last night. I liked it. Its funny but not really any belly laugh moments yet. I like the premise and the mixture of the Swedish and English works well.

Advertisement