Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mollyb & ALC's Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Necro wrote: »
    Ok enjoy the rest of the reveal folks I'll catch up later. Break over :(

Don't work too hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pretzill wrote: »
    I was so close to going the rap route...I don't know what it is about rap you spend your whole life hating it and then all of sudden it begins to make sense :D

ALC actually doesn't hate rap. He quite likes Run DMC. Dunno what happened here tbh. He'll come along and explain himself soon I expect.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    ALC actually doesn't hate rap. He quite likes Run DMC. Dunno what happened here tbh. He'll come along and explain himself soon I expect.

I was saying I hate rap Molly - not ALC.

10th Place – Underworld - Born Slippy

Molly: Takes 2 full minutes to kick into the riff. Ugh. I actually quite like the song but this is why I don’t go to dance acts at festivals, you need to be off your face to get properly into it. 9 Minutes long also doesn’t help it. In saying that though I probably would’ve been more receptive of this in the festival round.

ALC: Yeah, I’d be the same. I like this song, but not generally into dance/electronica at all. I know it well though, so won’t score as highly as some for me.

Scores:
    Molly: 3/14
    ALC: 8/14

5 points to:
    Zaph

Pretzill wrote: »
    I was saying I hate rap Molly - not ALC.

Oops I think I meant to quote Necro. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh dear god that song was overplayed! I really want to hate it. But I can't help singing along

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

9th Place – A tribe called quest - Electric Relaxation

Molly: Don’t hate this but I can’t determine my feelings on it. It’s better than others I suppose.

ALC: I’m not gonna go and get a load of A tribe called quest records, but this was actually ok.

The first agreement of the night on a song. Both of us give this 6 points.

Scores:
    Molly: 6/14
    ALC: 6/14

6 points to:
    Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

9th Place – A tribe called quest - Electric Relaxation

Molly: Don’t hate this but I can’t determine my feelings on it. It’s better than others I suppose.

ALC: I’m not gonna go and get a load of A tribe called quest records, but this was actually ok.

The first agreement of the night on a song. Both of us give this 6 points.

Scores:
    Molly: 6/14
    ALC: 6/14

6 points to:
    Rikand

Haven't listened to A Tribe Called Quest in years. Nice one.

That's got a cool jazzy sound to it. Like those album tracks the beasties hide from people
    Great choice, Rikand

8th Place – Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

Molly: Not a huge Talking Heads fan unfortunately. This song is grand. Just doesn’t grab me. Surprised that some of it is in French which I never picked up on before.

ALC: Love the song. Talking Heads are kinda their own genre. A bit like the last category, I’m not gonna give top marks to a song that I already knew this well.

Scores:
    Molly: 4/14
    ALC: 9/14

7 points to:
    Pretzill

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I quite like Talking Heads. But I literally only realised there's a female member with the still from that vid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Psycho Killer reminds me of going to The Grove as a teenager. :)

quickbeam wrote: »
    I quite like Talking Heads. But I literally only realised there's a female member with the still from that vid!

She was their bass player and inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame too.

I'm not a huge fan of New Wave a genre which Talking Heads practically created but they did have some class tracks.

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dow-dun
    Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dow-dun
    ****ing love it

8th Place – Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

Molly: Not a huge Talking Heads fan unfortunately. This song is grand. Just doesn’t grab me. Surprised that some of it is in French which I never picked up on before.

ALC: Love the song. Talking Heads are kinda their own genre. A bit like the last category, I’m not gonna give top marks to a song that I already knew this well.

Scores:
    Molly: 4/14
    ALC: 9/14

7 points to:
    Pretzill

Is that a weird version or is it my imagination?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Way behind but I loooove Born Slippy :)

Great choice Zaph!

This is the version I'm used to. It sounds fuller.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

7th Place – Blues Brothers and Ray Charles - Shake a Tailfeather

Molly: Love the sax. This is funky as hell. Fun song that would totally make me dance (ie, shake my tailfeather). I’m not a huge fan of the Blues Brothers but this is a great song.

ALC: I do like the Blues Brothers, but this wouldn’t be my favourite.

With completely opposite views on the song and a resulting divergence in scores again, this song falls down the rankings.

Scores:
    Molly: 13/14
    ALC: 3/14

8 points to:
    Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

11th Place – Easy- E - Boyz n the hood

ALC: Ehhh, no, doesn’t do anythin for me.

BOO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is that a weird version or is it my imagination?

I thought the same

• Advertisement

This is the version I'm used to. It sounds fuller.

Yeah that's the remastered 2005 version PJ much fuller sound. I think the other is the original 77 one and a duller recording to youtube. It's better live too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

11th Place – The DeZurik Sisters – I Left Her Standing There

Molly: WHAT THE ****. I love the harmonies and I actually really like the lyrics. But the clicking and yodelling and trilling reminds me of Netta from Eurovision. And I hated that song. It did make me laugh though but the good parts outweigh the bad.
    ALC: This is simultaneously the best and wost thing I have ever heard. Like if Hitler had started rapping during a Nuremberg rally. Honestly didn’t know where to put it on the list, so I put it just behind the songs I had really liked.

Scores:
    Molly: 1/14
    ALC: 11/14

4 Points goes to:
    Sheridan81

They're awesome.

Thanks Sheridan81.

This song is going onto my ultimate mix tape of all time cd, along with strongbad the system is down. I love quirky stuff like this.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Molly: Love the sax. This is funky as hell. Fun song that would totally make me dance (ie, shake my tailfeather). I’m not a huge fan of the Blues Brothers but this is a great song.

Actually in agreement with Molly on this which is why I submitted it :D

6th Place – Ed Sheeran - I'm a Mess

Molly: I love Ed Sheeran. I don’t think this is his best song but it’s still a good’un. I always love a good bit of a singalong in the middle of a song.

ALC: So I like Sheeran well enough. Wouldn’t be a fan, but some of his stuff is properly good. This for me is just a forgettable B-side though. I’m starting to realise that this category is mostly for songs that people like for very hard-to-describe reasons. If I were picking some songs for this I don’t think anyone else would like them. Anyway, 10/14 

Scores:
    Molly: 12/14
    ALC: 4/14

9 points to:
    Banjo (our secret Sheeran lover from a previous game perhaps?)

Actually in agreement with Molly on this which is why I submitted it :D

It saddens me that two posters who I thought had been raised to appreciate classic movies return to me as boardsies with filthy mouths and bad attitudes.....

Secret Sheeran fan?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

7th Place – Blues Brothers and Ray Charles - Shake a Tailfeather

ALC: I do like the Blues Brothers, but this wouldn’t be my favourite.

You’re both half right. It’s a great song and The Blues Brothers are great.

Love this one

I'm excited to find out what I submitted

giphy.gif

*Runs away back to work*

• Advertisement

*Runs away back to work*

*Get's hit on the head with a lettuce sandwich on the way out the door.

You can't help but move to the Blues Brothers :cool:

Advertisement