Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mollyb & ALC's Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The penultimate entry:
    2nd Place – Benny Goodman – Sing, Sing, Sing

Molly: Oh I love this song! It’s a belter. I wanna swing dance to it. Badly. Immediately. Love it. This is exactly what I was looking for. It is just a finger clicking, toe tapping 5 minutes of joy. Love the sexy horn section and the bouncy drums.
    ALC: Yeah, it was ok. I keep trying to get into horn music, and keep failing.

Scores:
    Molly: 14/14
    ALC: 6/14

13 Points goes to:
    Rikand

Yet again ALC destroys all my dreams with a poor score for poor Benny.

Argh this was the one I wanted to enter but couldn't for the life of me remember the name of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Fallout had so many good tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Two others I was thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

As a matter of interest, had anyone submitted this song they would've scored top marks from me in every category just because. This song has sooooooooo many memories for me. My grand-uncle used to play it on his accordion all the time and it is just all the warm fuzzies for me. It's a brilliant song too:

I swear that was going to be my submission!
    Sadly I ran out of time on the other rounds

Looking forward to listening to all of these tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I swear that was going to be my submission!
    Sadly I ran out of time on the other rounds

Looking forward to listening to all of these tomorrow :)

Me too, only I dismissed it on the grounds that others were likely to submit it, and it being too well known to score highly. Happy (very!!) with 4th though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The Andrews sisters were fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Really glad you like the tune molly!

Really happy you didn't hate the tune ALC

I'm pretty sure that's about as good as its going to get for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Reveal will continue tonight at 7pm folks. Tonight's category is songs from a genre you wouldn't normally listen to. And this one was all over the place with entries. Such a diverse bunch of songs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Enjoyed that category, genuinely know f all stuff pre 1950 so had to go back to the classical overtures from JC music :pac:

Working tonight but will listen to this category late tonight/tomorrow morning.

Ok folks are we all ready to rock and roll for Category 2?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

Here in spirit at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Yep yep. I'm not optimistic about any of my submissions for this Walrus. I managed to both overthink this AND submit too quickly. Quite the feat :pac:

Category 2: Songs from a genre you wouldn’t normally listen to

We got a really wide variety of songs in this category which I was really pleased with. It was a tough one to judge though. There was one clear winner for me and one clear loser. The middle was much more difficult to organise into a list though. With that said we’ll make a start on round 2. And we start off with an early tie for bottom. Not the sort of tie you ever want to be stuck in though!

Joint 14th Place – HIM - The Funeral of Hearts

Molly: Don’t like the singer’s voice at all. Too soft for the song. Lyrics are also a bit naff. But I actually quite like the song apart from that. I actually don’t think this would be out of place as a Eurovision entry.

ALC: Kinda soft rock. Not sure what genre this is supposed to be – either a really soft hard rock song, or just middle of the road pop-rock. Found it a bit meh anyway.

Scores:
    Molly: 5/14
    ALC: 2/14

2 points to:
    Homer J Fong

Joint 14th Place – The Choirboys - Tears in Heaven

Molly: Not sure if you’re trying to pull on my heartstrings by entering a song with kids singing but this does absolutely nothing for me. I clearly have a heart of stone. They’re not that great at all. Posh small boys singing falsetto is for Christmas carols only. Soznotsoz. And why are there 3 of them in the video when it’s clearly only one kid singing? It’s the worst kind of boyband.

ALC: Song’s actually quite nice. The video is hilariously ****e though :D Minus five places, just cause.

Scores:
    Molly: 2/14
    ALC: 5/14

2 points to:
    Micksjaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I know I finished first last reveal but I think it's time this little gif got another look in...those poor children :D

giphy-downsized-large.gif

12th Place – Gnarles Barkley - Crazy

Molly: Oh god this song was so overplayed. I am sick to death of it still. I actively hate it. I itched to skip this every time it came on. I do like his backing singers fwiw but it has to be bottom for me.

ALC: I like this, and don’t like the genre, so it’s getting decent marks from me. It’s a bit too big and well-known to be one of the top ones though.

Scores:
    Molly: 1/14
    ALC: 7/14

3 points to:
    Quickbeam

Knew I wouldn't score well here, couldn't really think of any genre suitable so decided to look back to the whole goth/emo/soft metal age that passed me by. Was more a nostalgiac pick than anything else (and yes the lyrics are naff, which is partly why I don't listen to that type of music often! :pac:)

I do like that Gnarls Barkley song but it was massively overplayed. I can deal with it now again though I think, haven't heard it in ages!

Necro wrote: »
    I do like that Gnarls Barkley song but it was massively overplayed. I can deal with it now again though I think, haven't heard it in ages!

I agree it was a massive hit, often hits suffer from that but it's still catchy as hell.

I hate his voice though. Sounds like he's singing through his nose.

I hate his voice though. Sounds like he's singing through his nose.

He's a duo. :o

• Advertisement

What. the. ****. How did I never know this?

Easy not to know - I think only one of them sings.

You might know the main singer from such songs as

'Fcuk You'

(Cee-Lo Green)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gonzo's hareem of chickens rerecorded that, it's awesome

11th Place – Easy- E - Boyz n the hood

Molly: This is proper old school rap. I quite like this. So many rappers listed in the video but they can’t all actually be on it though. Right?

ALC: Ehhh, no, doesn’t do anythin for me.

Scores:
    Molly: 8/14
    ALC: 1/14

4 points to:
    Green&Red

ALC: Ehhh, no, doesn’t do anythin for me.

giphy.gif

Gauging ALC's reaction boy am I glad I didnt enter my alternative choice for this round :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    Gauging ALC's reaction boy am I glad I didnt enter my alternative choice for this round :pac:

I was so close to going the rap route...I don't know what it is about rap you spend your whole life hating it and then all of sudden it begins to make sense :D

Pretzill wrote:
    I was so close to going the rap route...I don't know what it is about rap you spend your whole life hating it and then all of sudden it begins to make sense

Mine was by a truly awful artist :D

But I really like one of his songs so I think it would have counted :P

• Advertisement

Ok enjoy the rest of the reveal folks I'll catch up later. Break over :(

Advertisement