Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

https://www.dekudeals.com/games?version=&sort=popularity

Very useful site and updates very regularly.

Perfect thanks!

Now I'm even more interested in Castevania and Contra Anniversary collections :D

Incidentally, I see "The Bridge" is €1.49 ... excellent little puzzler. I completed it on PS4 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just recently got a switch and loving breath of the wild at the moment. Can anyone recommend any standout deals on the sale. Kinda hoping to stay at the lower price range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just recently got a switch and loving breath of the wild at the moment. Can anyone recommend any standout deals on the sale. Kinda hoping to stay at the lower price range

BOTW DLC is discounted now. It's rarely discounted ... so you.might as well grab that. 14 quid instead of 20. Well worth it IMHO

Skyrim and Dark souls supposed to be good :) and at 30 and 24 quid ...

Mario odyssey is 42 quid ... But often best to get AAA Nintendo physical as you can sell on or swap later on if you don't like them or finish with then. Either way it's a fantastic game and not to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

On the end stretch of Valkyria Chronicles and I see 4 is now half price on the store for twenty euro, nicely timed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

o1s1n wrote: »
    I see 4 is now half price on the store for twenty euro, nicely timed!

What!

Edit: Nice find, been keeping an eye out for a price drop on it since i finished the first one, Cheers Ois!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

My young lad is getting a switch for Christmas, he's got his games picked so he's sorted.

I'm looking for a game for myself, I used to love all the Mario games but I last time I played a console it was a PS2 and the Medal of Honour series which I really enjoyed,
    Anything similar for the switch? Preferably something I can drift in and out of cos I can't see myself playing for more than 35/40mins at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

.red. wrote: »
    My young lad is getting a switch for Christmas, he's got his games picked so he's sorted.

I'm looking for a game for myself, I used to love all the Mario games but I last time I played a console it was a PS2 and the Medal of Honour series which I really enjoyed,
    Anything similar for the switch? Preferably something I can drift in and out of cos I can't see myself playing for more than 35/40mins at a time.

Doom, Wolfenstein, Witcher 3. Don't know if any of the call of duty games were ported. Zelda breath of the wild is the best game on the system.

I'm similar. I tend to prefer the shorter arcadey games, or the ones that don't have long story arcs that you need to keep track of if you take a break for a week or so.

In this sense Mario Kart 8 is perfect for 10-15 minute lunch break gaming, or Mario Odyssey for the 35/40 minute segments as you can complete a mission or two in a sitting.

If you loved all the Mario games ....then Mario Maker 2 and Mario Odyssey are perfect ....easy to dip in and.out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Luigi's Mansion is great. Well worth playing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If Call of Duty is/was your thing then get Wolfenstein.
    But be sure to get Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as soon as possible, it's magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fire Emblem is good fun but you may end up spending more than 20 minutes once it grabs your attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sniper Elite V2 is very close to Call of Duty WWII

sugarman wrote: »
    Somewhat unrelated, but anyone know if theres a way to use One4All vouchers online with Gamestop? I know they take them instore but theres pretty crappy stock in my local and some decent offers to be had online.

Use your One4All in store to buy GameStop vouchers?

Never actually thought of that, cheers! Back to the shop tomorrow :pac:

This sounds like a trading sequence from links awakening ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Slightly underwhelmed by the big Nintendo sale. Had hoped that Divinity 2 and Pillars of Eternity would go on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Slightly underwhelmed by the big Nintendo sale. Had hoped that Divinity 2 and Pillars of Eternity would go on sale.

Same, am waiting for divinity to drop but am awful tempted to pull the trigger anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Other than Thumper I'm not really bothered with anything on sale. 150 or something games but there is a lot of shovelware in that.

Do you happen to know if you part pay with vouchers online? As in, if something is above the value of the voucher can you can pay the remainder with card, paypal etc..?

I think you add you gift voucher at checkout and it deducts the value from the total.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ERG89 wrote: »
    Other than Thumper I'm not really bothered with anything on sale. 150 or something games but there is a lot of shovelware in that.

Yeah nothing in my wishlist on sale, pretty disappointing, was hoping for a few quid off Atelier. Spent money on Ace Combat 7 Deluxe Edition on Xbox instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up a couple of things in the sale on the Eshop, but happier with the €19.99 copies of Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Warioware for the 3DS from GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Looking for a switch for my daughter

299sterling with agame seems the best offer around at the minute.

Do Nintendo usually do any decent Black Friday deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

redzerdrog wrote: »

I'm in the same boat any recommendations appreciated

redzerdrog wrote: »

Hang in there for black friday , cyber monday with Amazon UK/France /Germany and see what you might get.

Also, it works out cheaper if parents use the switch too. :) You may end up losing your life to breath of the wild or Mario odyssey for a few months but it's time well spent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

She is definitely getting Mario odyssey :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I picked up a couple of things in the sale on the Eshop, but happier with the €19.99 copies of Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Warioware for the 3DS from GS.

Danmaku Unlimited is under 3 quid if you haven’t already got it, fantastic game. Also, Darius collections going on sale tomorrow (or 30 mins time I guess) - https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Danmaku Unlimited is under 3 quid if you haven’t already got it, fantastic game. Also, Darius collections going on sale tomorrow (or 30 mins time I guess) - https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/.

I got Danmaku, reminds me of the old ABA shooters, Noiz2 and rRootage.
    The Darius collections look good, thanks for the tip!

Castlevania and Contra collections are kicking ass on my Switch Lite, particularly the Gameboy games in dot matrix mode just feel identical to what 10 year old me played. Both come with circa 12 or more games including the Jap variations plus a digital book of the history. Well worth it.

Diablo is down to £25 on Amazon.

Edit: it's €29 in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

mrcheez wrote: »
    Castlevania and Contra collections are kicking ass on my Switch Lite, particularly the Gameboy games in dot matrix mode just feel identical to what 10 year old me played. Both come with circa 12 or more games including the Jap variations plus a digital book of the history. Well worth it.

Pity it doesn't have Contra 4 on it, would be difficult to port it off the DS though due to it using both screens.

Advertisement