Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

nix wrote: »
    Pokemon sword/shield? if so, really great deal.

No wasn't the new games was the switch Pokemon edition so Pokemon lets go. Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Did they have a preowned sticker on them or just the case was open? If the case was just open then it would have been that it was on the shelf but the game would have been new. I think preowned are all stickered.

Stickers peeled off, save file on one of the Pokemon games, and the Luigi's Mansion box is a little beat up. Not a big deal as I'm not really a collector but would have preferred to know before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/64653/8bitdo-nes30-gamepad-classic-edition-set

8bitdo Nes Controller (works with Switch and other Bluetooth devices) along with a wireless adaptor for the Nes/SNES mini reduced to €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

F34 wrote: »
    No wasn't the new games was the switch Pokemon edition so Pokemon lets go. Game.

Still a great deal, even better if you havent played Pokemon yellow before from back in the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking to get a switch for my youngest, is argos the cheapest @ €329?
    Anyone spot anything better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Dcully wrote: »
    Looking to get a switch for my youngest, is argos the cheapest @ €329?
    Anyone spot anything better?

Some Tesco stores have the 2018 model for 229 or 250 for the Pokemon edition

Any difference between 2018 and 2019 models i should know about?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any difference between 2018 and 2019 models i should know about?

About double the battery life in the newer one thanks to a more efficient CPU.

There's a few decent enough bundles in the amazon black friday sale too by the looks of it.

Im only seeing the console for 279 sterling at the moment, am i missing somehting?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Im only seeing the console for 279 sterling at the moment, am i missing somehting?

£314.99 with Zelda:LA ain't bad, does the 329 in Argos come with a game?

£299 with mario kart is there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

You might already know this, but the Lite is cheaper and is the same except that it can't be connected to the TV and you can't remove the controllers. Might suit better for a younger kid.

Argos one comes with €35 eshop code.

Just spotted the switch on its own on eglobal central for €265.99, considering ill be getting the switch online subscription for him too this could be a decent deal?

Speaking of which is switch online recommended?

@xckjoo yeah thanks, id like the option to hook up to tv if needed.

The ones with 35 euro e-shop credit are the older shorter battery life ones but that's still a decent enough deal in fairness, particularly if you save the credit for a sale.

Switch online is good as you get a bunch of SNES (and NES) games to play, other than that I wouldn't be bothered with it unless you want it for online multiplayer of course.

Yeah just had a look on argos there and the better battery one with no estore code is €329 also , id prefer the better battery.
    Aswell as the switch online im looking to get splatoon 2 also as he loves playing that on a friends switch, im assuming i can grab that digitally?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bags and cases and other interesting accessories font cheap in Argos Okey Dokey Luigi case for €5.99 and Everywhere Messenger bag both standard and Zelda edition for €14.99 each

Note case is for Switch only not Switch lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This hori dpad left joy-con looks very interesting for under €20

http://checkargos.com/product/8455334

Argos one comes with €35 eshop code.

Just spotted the switch on its own on eglobal central for €265.99, considering ill be getting the switch online subscription for him too this could be a decent deal?

Speaking of which is switch online recommended?

@xckjoo yeah thanks, id like the option to hook up to tv if needed.

I think there's a doubt whether Nintendo will honour the warranty of the Switch's bought on eGlobal as they're the Chinese ones. Don't know if this has been tested though. Might not be a UK plug too.
    It's purely a potential warranty issue though. No issues with region locking or anything like that.

Apologies for dragging off-topic, but does this game require you to commit to long play times or can you dip in and out? Don't have the time for long plays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

xckjoo wrote: »
    Apologies for dragging off-topic, but does this game require you to commit to long play times or can you dip in and out? Don't have the time for long plays :D

The game is long but the Switch gives the dip in and dip out flexibility. I'm in the same position as I rarely get much more than 20 mins on a game in one sitting, but I do manage to get through a good chunk on Switch when you add up all the 20mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

xckjoo wrote: »

After the first 6 hours, you can dip in and out. I'd recommend playing long enough to get a good grasp of the character etc.

Anyway, on topic, any really good deals in the eShop sales (willing to emigrate to either Russia, South Africa, US, Japan, or Mexico :D) - I can see the usual suspects but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Mr E wrote: »
    Big digital sale starts tomorrow until December 1st. Lots of 50%+ discounts.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/over_150_switch_games_discounted_in_nintendo_cyber_deals_sale_europe

Hey folks,

I dont have a switch but I'm looking to get my nephew a game, was wondering can I digitally download it and "gift" it to him from the nintendo eshop? Looking at the 30% off for Breath of the Wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is there a historical price site anywhere to see if the price of games on eStore are lowest ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I dont have a switch but I'm looking to get my nephew a game, was wondering can I digitally download it and "gift" it to him from the nintendo eshop? Looking at the 30% off for Breath of the Wild.

I'd buy it on cart for him. At least that way he can trade it in against another game if he doesn't like it or when he's finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM - £12.99

SanDisk Ultra 200 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JY5T7T - £18.99

There's a far bigger saving on the 128GB memory card as it's reduced by a little over £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there a historical price site anywhere to see if the price of games on eStore are lowest ever?

https://www.dekudeals.com/games?version=&sort=popularity

Very useful site and updates very regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

https://www.dekudeals.com/games?version=&sort=popularity

Very useful site and updates very regularly.

Nice one, great deal on my memory of us, 80% on metacritic and 90% off

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aaaaaand I've bought it for a third format. Best game of the generation though and now I can play it the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

sligeach wrote: »
    SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM - £12.99

SanDisk Ultra 200 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JY5T7T - £18.99

There's a far bigger saving on the 128GB memory card as it's reduced by a little over £20.

Sound 👍🏻
    128gb for €16, cant go wrong with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Aaaaaand I've bought it for a third format. Best game of the generation though and now I can play it the jacks.

Yep - that's how the switch won - play anywhere, anytime, anyone and also on the jacks!

You've got this 3 times ... is it really that good. How's it compared to BOTW.

Game does get great reviews from actual players on Amazon. Incredible achievement from the developers.

It only I had the time to put into it!

Advertisement