Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

conormario wrote: »
    Tried another Tesco "super store" and no games or consoles there at all unless they keep them next to the potatoes and carrots.

Wondering if Tesco is getting rid of its gaming stock entirely.

I think so, the Balbriggan & Drogheda store have reduced their stock to virtually nothing, assume the rest are as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

any one ever buy off Eglobalcentral.eu?
    see they have the nintendo switch for 280 the new one and say 2019 new version

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RGARDINR wrote: »
    any one ever buy off Eglobalcentral.eu?
    see they have the nintendo switch for 280 the new one and say 2019 new version
    The Amazon DE one linked above might be a better deal, and will come with warranty etc.

Somebody mentioned here before that it is unlikely eglobal switches will be covered by nintendo in our region.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

conormario wrote: »
    Tried another Tesco "super store" and no games or consoles there at all unless they keep them next to the potatoes and carrots.

Wondering if Tesco is getting rid of its gaming stock entirely.

My local tesco "super store" also doesn't do games anymore it would seem. Just Dvd's and CD's...

Don't have Smash so I was excited for a moment! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Nintendo Switch Black Friday eShop sale starts later this week
    Up to 70% off over 100 games from Friday.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-19-the-nintendo-switch-black-friday-eshop-sale-starts-later-this-week

The exact details won't be known until later this week, but here's a flavour of what to expect.
    • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 30 per cent off
    • Super Mario Odyssey - 30 per cent off
    • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 30 per cent off
    • Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer - 30 per cent off
    • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 30 per cent off
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 30 per cent off
    • FIFA 20 - 30 per cent off
    • Dark Souls Remastered - 40 per cent off
    • Dragon Ball FighterZ - 70 per cent off
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe Edition - 50 per cent off
    • Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 50 per cent off

Nintendo aren't known for their generous discounts, expect far better from Indies and 3rd parties.

Edit: Sly marketing by Nintendo.

I highly doubt there'll be any 1st party title reduced by 70%. From the above image, these games are also getting an as yet unknown discount, but I'd guess at somewhere around 35-50%.
    • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    • Rocket League
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I should have said that the sale ends on 1st December.

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Suckit wrote: »
    The Amazon DE one linked above might be a better deal, and will come with warranty etc.

Somebody mentioned here before that it is unlikely eglobal switches will be covered by nintendo in our region.

Thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    The Nintendo Switch Black Friday eShop sale starts later this week
    Up to 70% off over 100 games from Friday.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-19-the-nintendo-switch-black-friday-eshop-sale-starts-later-this-week

The exact details won't be known until later this week, but here's a flavour of what to expect.

Nintendo aren't known for their generous discounts, expect far better from Indies and 3rd parties.

I highly doubt there'll be any 1st party title reduced by 70%. From the above image, these games are also getting an as yet unknown discount, but I'd guess at somewhere around 35-50%.

I should have said that the sale ends on 1st December.

I think I'll finally grab Dark Souls if it drops less than €25. Most of the 70% off games will be small indie titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was in Tesco in Oranmore they had Pokemon on Switch for €30. There was a sticker for smash but all the copies were gone.

They have Red dead on ps4 and xbox for 20.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be fair, that's standard marketing. Same with flights, etc. As long as one item is the price mentioned, they use the "from". Unlike some who do the advertising, you've a better chance of getting digital games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Its worded the exact same way that any Xbox or Sony sale is always worded, not sure why its noteworthy that Nintendo do the same.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

skerry wrote: »
    Its worded the exact same way that any Xbox or Sony sale is always worded, not sure why its noteworthy that Nintendo do the same.

Bee, allow me to introduce you to Bonnet.

Doing a bit of trading in over the weekend to buy eShop credit in anticipation of this sale. My watchlist is getting pretty long. Fingers crossed for Untitled Goose Game to get a good discount :)

Rhyme wrote: »
    Bee, allow me to introduce you to Bonnet.

What's wrong with pointing out a simple fact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Implying that just Nintendo are being sneaky when it's a common business practice for companies all over the world.

Implying that just Nintendo are being sneaky when it's a common business practice for companies all over the world.

I'm so confused. That's what I was pointing out a couple of posts ago when I posted ;)

"Its worded the exact same way that any Xbox or Sony sale is always worded, not sure why its noteworthy that Nintendo do the same."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm so confused. That's what I was pointing out a couple of posts ago when I posted ;)

"Its worded the exact same way that any Xbox or Sony sale is always worded, not sure why its noteworthy that Nintendo do the same."

Apologies. I was backing up your point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Apologies. I was backing up your point.

I was backing it up as well. Sligeach was getting a dig in at Nintendo for doing exactly what many others do so I was getting a dig in as well :)

Back to our regular programme...

Browsing online, it looks as if most Irish retailers have already blown their load re: Black Friday in an attempt to get ahead of the market, thus nullifying the purpose behind the occasion. I'd say the best deals to be had will be online from Europe and beyond.

It's a bit like Christmas creep, earlier every year and more pointless. The US does this bit of greedy capitalism very well, it all happens in one splurge on the one day driving people bananas and the money is made. Irish retailers version is somehow more greasy especially after a load of them were caught diddling their prices ahead of the day a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Collected my GameStop order today all pre owned apart from persona q2. Not a big deal for me personally, but the site is a little misleading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

uchimata83 wrote: »
    Collected my GameStop order today all pre owned apart from persona q2. Not a big deal for me personally, but the site is a little misleading
    What deal was it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

This one
    baldshin wrote: »
    Some decent deals in Gamestop at the moment-

This is the Police €9.99
    This is the Police 2 €9.99
    TOKI Retrollector Edition €17.50
    Snipperclips Plus €19.99
    The Lego Movie 2 €19.99
    Child of Light & Valiant Hearts The Great War Double Pack €19.99
    Pokémon™: Let's Go, Eevee! + Poké Ball Plus
    €49.99
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses Limited Edition
    €49.99
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 - Memoirs from Battle Edition
    €59.99
    Taiko no Tatsujin - Drum 'n' Fun! Collectors Edition €65

3DS Games

Luigi’s Mansion €19.99
    Detective Pikachu €19.99
    Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth €19.99
    Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey €19.99
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story €19.99
    Pokemon Moon: Fan Edition €19.99

Plus a few more decent reductions on there!
    Looks like all the pre-owned Wii U games are half price too, some decent bargains to be had for people still collecting, and I'd imagine even better bargains to be found on these in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,656 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mad how the PS4 deals are all 9.99 (or even having 3 for 2 deals), but even 3DS are still minimum 19.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

mrcheez wrote: »
    Mad how the PS4 deals are all 9.99 (or even having 3 for 2 deals), but even 3DS are still minimum 19.99

Just checked on amazon uk.
    BOTW - 44 stg, RDR2/PS4 30 stg

Smyths.ie
    BOTW - 60 euro, RDR2/PS4 40 euro

BOTW came out a year and a half before RDR2.
    It's still selling full price!
    And 50% more than RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Any switch deals seen anywhere? I know there won't be any serious savings but every euro in my pocket is better than providers..

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Any switch deals seen anywhere? I know there won't be any serious savings but every euro in my pocket is better than providers..

Some half decent deals on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/deal/d6696ddf/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_af24_d6696ddf?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=25f72118-5740-44bd-b457-19c7b908af24&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=E4FT80ZCXM4MYEX0X7G7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

uchimata83 wrote: »

Did they have a preowned sticker on them or just the case was open? If the case was just open then it would have been that it was on the shelf but the game would have been new. I think preowned are all stickered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Picked up a Pokemon Switch in Tesco Clonmel for 250 presume a pricing error but some other stores seem to have it.

It’s not the 2019 model but still think the price is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Big digital sale starts tomorrow until December 1st. Lots of 50%+ discounts.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/11/over_150_switch_games_discounted_in_nintendo_cyber_deals_sale_europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

F34 wrote: »
    Picked up a Pokemon Switch in Tesco Clonmel for 250 presume a pricing error but some other stores seem to have it.

It’s not the 2019 model but still think the price is decent.

Pokemon sword/shield? if so, really great deal.

Advertisement