Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liamalone wrote: »
    It says they will credit back £50 to your account, I wonder whether that's to your Very account or your actual bank account.

It's £50 credit on your Very Account. Once that shows up you clear the rest of the balance.

There's a thread on HUKD with more details.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-console-improved-battery-50-back-with-6-months-bnpl-at-very-3321672

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

This may be a deal to someone in the same situation as myself, I have three kids looking for Nintendo Switch stuff, one looking for his own switch and two others looking for Pokemon sword and shield, on little woods they have a bundle that includes a switch lite and and the Pokemon dual steel box set with both games. the whole lot comes to 304. A nice saving on my situation.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/nintendo-switch-lite-nintendo-switch-lite-grey-console-with-pokemon-sword-and-pokemon-shield/1600412289.prd?_requestid=696877&Ntt=switch%20lite

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Paperbound Brawlers is €0.99 on eShop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uuZsxBBCmU

• Registered Users Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

In the US on 13th November, EBay will have a sale on the Nintendo Switch Lite, Pokémon Sword, and Pokémon Shield. They haven't said what the reduction will be but did tease that it's "too low to show." Hopefully Europe will get good deals, I'm sure it will.

sligeach wrote: »
    In the US on 13th November, EBay will have a sale on the Nintendo Switch Lite, Pokémon Sword, and Pokémon Shield. They haven't said what the reduction will be but did tease that it's "too low to show." Hopefully Europe will get good deals, I'm sure it will.

eBay usually do a discount code around Black Friday and Prime day. Less than €200 with a game would be a good price.

Edit: it's available in Tesco up north for £199 with a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

In Japan atm. The normal sale price of a Switch Lite here is nearly ¥23,000(~€206). Plenty of places selling it for ¥19,700(~€170), can get the 8% tax taken off as a tourist bringing it down to nearly €150. Quite a big difference in price. Can get it about €10-15 cheaper again buying second hand.

It's been that way since forever. I've always felt like we're being screwed. Japan gets Nintendo's products and a far wider selection as well for far cheaper. Next was the US, who got products much cheaper even after adding tax. It was worse a few years ago when the Euro was trading far higher(Nintendo swapped the $ sign for the € in a straight numerical switch, despite €1 equalling $1.20). But then spare a thought for other regions, Australia are charged far more, or Brazil as well. By comparison, we have it good. Still, things are better now than they were in the 90's, like in terms of simultaneous region releases.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sony really changed everything with their approach to the PS1, making the practices of both Nintendo and Sega look poor by comparison.
    Far more engagement with the retailers, especially the independents, plenty of promotional material, keen pricing and so on
    Sega died and Nintendo never learned.
    Nintendo just brute forced with the quality of its home hardware and games instead, which provided diminishing returns, Wii and Switch not withstanding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sony really changed everything with their approach to the PS1, making the practices of both Nintendo and Sega look poor by comparison.
    Far more engagement with the retailers, especially the independents, plenty of promotional material, keen pricing and so on
    Sega died and Nintendo never learned.
    Nintendo just brute forced with the quality of its home hardware and games instead, which provided diminishing returns, Wii and Switch not withstanding.

What has this got to do with taxes?

Also sniper is wrong I believe, the shown price is BEFORE tax, he ain't getting one for 150 haha. It was annoying living in Japan and having to do the american calculation in my head post abe's tax hike.

At least you went at the right time Sniper, weather wise. You wouldn't be melting/constantly using an umbrella/freezing at the mo.

Nintendo Switch - Neon (Improved Battery) + Luigi's Mansion 3 for £299 at GAME. Free UK delivery, so can use AddressPal or Parcel Motel.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-neon-improved-battery-with-luigis-mansion-3-2672336

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

E shop Reductions:
    50% off Ape Out - €7.49
    50% off Hotline Miami Collection - €12.49
    33% off Katana Zero - €10.04

PostWoke wrote: »
    What has this got to do with taxes?

Also sniper is wrong I believe, the shown price is BEFORE tax, he ain't getting one for 150 haha. It was annoying living in Japan and having to do the american calculation in my head post abe's tax hike.

At least you went at the right time Sniper, weather wise. You wouldn't be melting/constantly using an umbrella/freezing at the mo.

The price shown was inclusive of tax, the only things I've found that haven't been tax inclusive are food and alcohol outside of restaurants. Tax is 8%, exchange rate is about ¥115/€1. At ¥19,700 for the console it becomes ¥18,124, which is approximately €157.60. It was over ¥1000 cheaper for a second hand unit so would end up about the €150 I mentioned for the second hand console.

Weather is great though, had a little bit of rain on the last day in Hiroshima. Went to Kyoto today. Leave Osaka for Hakone tomorrow before heading to Tokyo on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

You can get the nintendo switch (new battery) with luigi's mansion for 349.99 or with fifa 20 for 345 euro on littlewoods. Half tempted to get one of them for little chap at xmas, not sure will go down more as this time last year with littlewoods code got 1 with mario kart for 310.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Nintendo Switch - Neon (Improved Battery) + Luigi's Mansion 3 for £299 at GAME. Free UK delivery, so can use AddressPal or Parcel Motel.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-neon-improved-battery-with-luigis-mansion-3-2672336

Same price on Amazon today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Received the gamesradar Nintendo magazine in the post today. My address didn't have my county on it nor Ireland but United Kingdm instead and had the Belfast postcode (BT1 1AA) scribbled out. I don't think I'd use the address again if I was buying something for fear of it not showing up, but for freebies, I'll make a note of it :D

On a slightly related bargain alert concercing Gamestop's Gamescom Trade-in event back in August, I didn't have to pay the extra €10 to get my copy of Luigi's Mansion 3. From my recollection, I paid €20 for a copy of Cars 3 (for PS4 even though I don't have one :pac:) from Argos and traded it in so got LM3 for only that same amount.

Same price on Amazon today too.

Ya, I meant to post that. They're also selling the Switch Lite + Luigi's Mansion 3 for £230. They're not amazing deals but it does work out a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

eBay has a 10% off code today that can be used against certain sellers e.g Argos' eBay store. They are selling the Switch Lite for £199 so take £20 off. Use Parcel Motel for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

tbahh wrote: »
    Received the gamesradar Nintendo magazine in the post today. My address didn't have my county on it nor Ireland but United Kingdm instead and had the Belfast postcode (BT1 1AA) scribbled out. I don't think I'd use the address again if I was buying something for fear of it not showing up, but for freebies, I'll make a note of it :D

On a slightly related bargain alert concercing Gamestop's Gamescom Trade-in event back in August, I didn't have to pay the extra €10 to get my copy of Luigi's Mansion 3. From my recollection, I paid €20 for a copy of Cars 3 (for PS4 even though I don't have one :pac:) from Argos and traded it in so got LM3 for only that same amount.

Just wondering was it delivered to an Irish address? How would they know your Irish one?

I've only used Addresspal to get things delivered so I think that's only address I'd have had there. I received the email too but was just expecting it to go to the Addresspal one.

The price shown was inclusive of tax, the only things I've found that haven't been tax inclusive are food and alcohol outside of restaurants. Tax is 8%, exchange rate is about ¥115/€1. At ¥19,700 for the console it becomes ¥18,124, which is approximately €157.60. It was over ¥1000 cheaper for a second hand unit so would end up about the €150 I mentioned for the second hand console.

Weather is great though, had a little bit of rain on the last day in Hiroshima. Went to Kyoto today. Leave Osaka for Hakone tomorrow before heading to Tokyo on Saturday.

Really? Huh. From what I remember places like Yodobashi and Sofmap exclude the tax from the listed price too. It's like a pissed off little rebellion against Abe's hike, the 'not our fault' number :pac:

Osaka is a hundred times better than Kyoto, enjoy. Make sure you go to Den Den Town, Osaka's Akihabara, which is at the stop Nippombashi. And then walk left to the Namba area, great food and drink/ people watching and photography area. Make sure you visit the Donkeyhote stores there, great for cheap stuff to bring home. Don't miss Book Off stores, second hand places that might have good videogame gets you won't see in the dedicated stores. But there's a few good independent stores in the Umeda area too if you walk around. If you have the time head to Nara to the deer park, the biggest west coast Buddha is there too, great half day to do.

AHEM Nintendo Deals yes...

sugarman wrote: »
    Switch Lite £154.99 @eGlobal Central with code "EBEP5".

Supposedly showing up as £150.99 at checkout for new customers.

Word of warning, eGlobal can be hit or miss and take their time to ship. Theres a massive thread on here in the photography forum of peoples experiences. I used them myself with no issues, but just a heads up. Only pay with a credit card in the event you might need to request a charge back.

Nintendo UK/Ireland won't repair or honour a warranty for an out of region device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Rabbids in Argos in the 2 for €36 got one for someone I know so €18 each it looks fun

Picked up Rabbids in Argos in the 2 for €36 got one for someone I know so €18 each it looks fun

I hate that a game with rabbids in it is so good. Hope E3 brings news of a sequel with online multiplayer...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You use your normal Irish address and stick BT1 1AA as the post code. BT1 1AA is Royal Mails sorting centre in Belfast, they just send it on to An Post when its sorted for nothing. Its an old trick used for getting UK freebies.

Used to try that for years but it started to not work for a lot of retailers. Interesting if it still does work for Nintendo. I think I ordered a few games in the Wii days that didn't come through with that trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Forgot to mention that.. you would have that weight that up, but I reckon the €50 odd saving is worth it. You still have a warranty with the seller and people have spoke of sending stuff back for repair/replacement in the eGlobal thread... but the chance of ever needing to send something back under warranty is slim with Nintendo anyway. I never had with every console made from SNES to Switch.

I thought lots of people had to return the switch because of the Joy-Cons?
    Or was it just the Joy-Con they had to return? (Genuine question)
    It made my decision to go for the newer console offer with Gamestop, even though mine wasn't that old. If not for the Joy-cons, I essentially paid €30 for a bigger battery. (NOT complaining, I still think I done good) Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Suckit wrote: »
    I thought lots of people had to return the switch because of the Joy-Cons?
    Or was it just the Joy-Con they had to return? (Genuine question)
    It made my decision to go for the newer console offer with Gamestop, even though mine wasn't that old. If not for the Joy-cons, I essentially paid €30 for a bigger battery. (NOT complaining, I still think I done good) Just wondering.

I had to return my left joycon before I upgraded to switch 2.0

sweetie wrote: »
    I had to return my left joycon before I upgraded to switch 2.0

Same, dodgy rf antenna from the launch units.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I have to get 2 Nintendo switch lites for Christmas. Going to NYC at the beginning of December, would I make much of a saving by buying them there? Would they work here as in are they region free? And if I had any problems would I get it sorted by Nintendo here.
    Are they fairly sturdy or flimsy?

I have to get 2 Nintendo switch lites for Christmas. Going to NYC at the beginning of December, would I make much of a saving by buying them there? Would they work here as in are they region free? And if I had any problems would I get it sorted by Nintendo here.
    Are they fairly sturdy or flimsy?

I wouldn't buy them abroad, especially from the States. They are region free, but the plug is different, though you could buy an adapter. I don't think you'd make any real saving and no Nintendo UK wouldn't cover the warranty, they'd likely charge you for any repairs. From all accounts the Switch Lite is solidly built, in terms of feel it's better than the original.

I'd wait until somewhere around 13th November for good online deals. Keep an eye on this thread as we post them when they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I wouldn't buy them abroad, especially from the States. They are region free, but the plug is different, though you could buy an adapter. I don't think you'd make any real saving and no Nintendo UK wouldn't cover the warranty, they'd likely charge you for any repairs. From all accounts the Switch Lite is solidly built, in terms of feel it's better than the original.

I'd wait until somewhere around 13th November for good online deals. Keep an eye on this thread as we post them when they happen.

Great thanks you, we hadn’t the switch here at all, just Xbox and DS’s but as the games are not great on Ds, any more they have asked for these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Great thanks you, we hadn’t the switch here at all, just Xbox and DS’s but as the games are not great on Ds, any more they have asked for these.

But one console and a pro-controller and a few 2 player games. Surely kids can share?

Advertisement