Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Biscuit Tournament (Mod Note Post #1 and #984)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Jaffa Cakes have no place in this tournament. Please see below for the reason.

“In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.

McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and allegedly produced a giant Jaffa cake in court to illustrate its point.

The court found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa cakes in the United Kingdom.

In Ireland, Jaffa cakes are regarded as cakes by Revenue as their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).”

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Or even supermercados.

Oooo
    Shots fired.
    And a bitch slap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Hulahoops

Oh my Biscuit God crunch creams are gorgeous! That soft sweet centre combined with the crumbly crunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

“In the United Kingdom, value added tax is payable on chocolate-covered biscuits, but not on chocolate-covered cakes.

McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes at a VAT tribunal in 1991, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits.

McVities insisted that the product was a cake, and allegedly produced a giant Jaffa cake in court to illustrate its point.

The court found in favour of McVitie's and ruled that the product should be considered a cake, meaning that VAT is not paid on Jaffa cakes in the United Kingdom.

In Ireland, Jaffa cakes are regarded as cakes by Revenue as their moisture content is greater than 12%. As a result, they are charged the reduced rate of VAT (13.5% as of 2016).”

What is it with you and jaffa biscuits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

How did a cake get through?

Anyway coconut creams because I had them once and I never tasted the other ones. Coconut creams were sh1ye but as I can’t say the other ones were any better, having not tasted them, o go with them and I can’t say fairer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

appledrop wrote: »
    Omackeral could you not have give use a bit of warning about this contest over the weekend?

We could have stocked up on biscuits then.

And 5c coins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭simonw

Polo's the chickatees of the biscuit world

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What the fcuk?
    How is it only to 8?
    Polo were first to 10.

I smell a stink.

It's in the rules you illiterate f*ckpig. First to 8 advances.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

Get away out of here with your logic and facts they have no place here! :pac:

• Advertisement

That may be true but who's ever been at a party and the lights go out and everyone starts singing Happy birthday to the light of a single candle shoved in a Jaffa Cake!!! No one! Absolutely no one!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tax dodging biscuits ftw.

Quit your bitching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

are we doing reasons for all the votes now? i thought it might be final ones only

Shut your stupid face.

Yes. More hatred. It pleases me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Coconut creams ftw, nice and fluffy and I might have a pack here :D

That may be true but who's ever been at a party and the lights go out and everyone starts singing Happy birthday to the light of a single candle shoved in a Jaffa Cake!!! No one! Absolutely no one!

Maybe that happened and that's why he hates them :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Coconut creams ftw, nice and fluffy and I might have a pack here :D

Share!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Of course they haven’t, because they’re a shíte cake.

The tide is turning…

Golden Crunch Creams win 8-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's in the rules you illiterate f*ckpig. First to 8 advances.

You're some cnut with your ninja edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Of course they haven’t, because they’re a shíte cake.

Have you exceeded 75c yet Emmet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,548 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

"knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"?

It's the same with Jaffa Cakes. They are not cakes, they are biscuits.

Someone's gonna die in one of these lulls between rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

bluewolf wrote: »
    are we doing reasons for all the votes now? i thought it might be final ones only
    Here's the rules for Round 1

1. Each match is made using a Random Number Generator.

2. You must give a reason for your choice or it won't count. It's more fun this way. Some people cast a vote with just their choice and then go back to edit it and include a choice. This is allowed once your post is edited by the time the count begins i.e. fairly quickly.

3. The first biscuit to receive 8 votes goes through to the next round.

I’m not sure. It’s quite hard to follow the above clearly laid out rules.

appledrop wrote: »
    Omackeral could you not have give use a bit of warning about this contest over the weekend?

Here's a better idea. You shut your f*cking trap and just be grateful .

Golden Crunch Creams win 8-4

Call for a recount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Are these going to feature in this competition? If not then it’s a sham.

__700x9999.979B7A2D-5056-B775-A2064E9BD03AE179-featured_image.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Call for a recount.

Biscuit Enforcement Deputy Sheriff: Call denied.

On we go :P

Are we doing reasons now? Are the draws seeded? Why do we have cakes in the competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Now I'm getting into this tournament + I'm warning you all if a boring biscuits wins like the poxy Tayto in the crisps tournament you are all dead to me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement