Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,365 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Neddyusa wrote: »
    The satellite inspections were done months ago now.
    It's the dept and mapping company staff you're waiting on now to update your BPS map based on the inspection outcome to enable payment.

It is outsourced, they commenced in June filed are coming back daily. On my application it no longer says the department are dealing with outstanding issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Neddyusa wrote: »
    No sign of it yet.
    Was due to "commence ANC balancing payments from early December"
    Going on past DAFM form with changes to payment dates - that could be any time in the next three months!
    You'll get warning anyway because Creed will be out with a self-congratatory press release the week before.
    On another note - with your 6 week winter's and good ground - how are you in an ANC area?!

Good question
    Was added this year
    More like 12 week winter this year tho or 16

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Hyland17 wrote: »
    Is this your first year for young farmers? It's mine and I'm waiting for everything and nothing has changed on agfood

Nope 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyland17

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Nope 2nd year.

Did you have to wait long last year? And did you apply to national reserve?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Re Glas
    I've been thrown out of the scheme and already lost one appeal so I would probably leave appealing any small deductions alone. Already had to pay back last years Glas payment and got nothing this year. Seems to be no leeway on original harsh decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Hyland17 wrote: »
    Did you have to wait long last year? And did you apply to national reserve?

No had submitted all in May. And got it in Dec. No application to reserver.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyland17

Good to hear. Hopefully this week will have some news for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Balancing payment on agfood showing payment for tomo .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Re Glas
    I've been thrown out of the scheme and already lost one appeal so I would probably leave appealing any small deductions alone. Already had to pay back last years Glas payment and got nothing this year. Seems to be no leeway on original harsh decision.

You say the original decision was harsh. In fairness most people say that when a decision goes against them. Could you elaborate so people could give an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

When is the balancing of the anc due?

• Advertisement

MIKEKC wrote: »
    You say the original decision was harsh. In fairness most people say that when a decision goes against them. Could you elaborate so people could give an opinion?

In September 2018 I sowed 40 odd acres of catch crops. Grubbed the ground spread it with a spinner. A month later I had an inspection. The inspector could see crop was sown but wasn't happy with its growth. I live in the driest part of the country and there was no significant rainfall between crop sowing and inspection. If inspection was a month later fields were all green as grass. As it's a primary measure they threw me out. Was told if decision May 19 got told Friday first appeal failed, have three months to appeal again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

kevthegaff wrote: »
    When is the balancing of the anc due?

Early December it says on the agfood news roller
    It's the first time they've done a balancing for Anc
    So as usual shur when they get round to it
    They've probably forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭mayota

In September 2018 I sowed 40 odd acres of catch crops. Grubbed the ground spread it with a spinner. A month later I had an inspection. The inspector could see crop was sown but wasn't happy with its growth. I live in the driest part of the country and there was no significant rainfall between crop sowing and inspection. If inspection was a month later fields were all green as grass. As it's a primary measure they threw me out. Was told if decision May 19 got told Friday first appeal failed, have three months to appeal again.

That’s tough. Contact IFA Centre if you haven’t already done so.

Report has been done on my satellite inspection . Should be sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

whelan2 wrote: »
    Report has been done on my satellite inspection . Should be sorted soon

Do you think you will lose some eligible land after satellite inspection? I was in your position a few years back - all my money came in just before Christmas and I lost just under 2 hectares off my map.

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Do you think you will lose some eligible land after satellite inspection? I was in your position a few years back - all my money came in just before Christmas and I lost just under 2 hectares off my map.

From looking on my entitlements this morning it's looking like I will lose 0.1 hectare. I can live with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

From looking on my entitlements this morning it's looking like I will lose 0.1 hectare. I can live with that

At an average entitlement of 250/ha, they just delayed your payments for months for 25 euro.

There has to be a better way than that to sort out possible errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Definitely harsh, hard to believe he didn't give the crop another month and check it again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Got the txt for payment from dafm

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Have gotten 100% of the BPS but no greening yet, don't know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Absolute joke from the department. Surely their should be a graded scale system that payments with such a small reduction applied to them are fast tracked. Unnecessary stress on farms and a big hit to cashflow

Absolute joke from the department. Surely their should be a graded scale system that payments with such a small reduction applied to them are fast tracked. Unnecessary stress on farms and a big hit to cashflow

Does anyone know how often payment runs will be made from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

Had you got the seed labels from the bags. Usually they are the first thing they check as proof of purchase and ask questions after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

They won't know what the deduction is until the inspection, Payment date is 1 dec. october payment is a concession;
    Ireland has 90% plus paid since Nov 1st, GB only started last week and that was because there's an election looming.
    According to people here Creed would be better not to arrange the advance payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭6600

Does anyone know how often payment runs will be made from now on?

They told me I wouldn't have anything till 3rd Dec but have got all except greening by now. There's a lot of staff in the department with little else to be at I have heard with both glas and the suckler cow scheme coming to an end.
    Time for a round of redundancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Tileman

Bps and greening and yfs showing up on Agfood and got the text.

6600 wrote: »
    They told me I wouldn't have anything till 3rd Dec but have got all except greening by now. There's a lot of staff in the department with little else to be at I have heard with both glas and the suckler cow scheme coming to an end.
    Time for a round of redundancies.

Or new schemes....

Had you got the seed labels from the bags. Usually they are the first thing they check as proof of purchase and ask questions after that.

Yes, produced all the seed labels from the bags on day of inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

Yes, produced all the seed labels from the bags on day of inspection.

I'd be fighting that right up to the top. I know several cases where there was total crop failure but they had everything else in order and got passed no questions asked once a decent effort had been made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

BPS paid yesterday in bank.
    Might get few beers and a chicken curry if all goes well.

Advertisement