Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are the cloud saves reliable? Tempted to trade up tomorrow but I don't think I'd be able to start astral chain from scratch again.

Tested a couple of games this morning and it's all good. I'll check out Astral Chain later but I'm sure it's fine!

Some games don't support cloud save, like the Pokemon Lets Go games and Splatoon 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Are the cloud saves reliable? Tempted to trade up tomorrow but I don't think I'd be able to start astral chain from scratch again.

Had no issues with mine, after redownloading Astral Chain and my cloud save, I picked up from exactly where I left off.

(side note - Astral Chain just gets better and better)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So back up cloud saves then delete profile and I'm good to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

So back up cloud saves then delete profile and I'm good to go?

Yep, do everything online at home and then when you are offline just put on a new user but don't link it to a Nintendo account online. When they wipe in GS it will be offline anyway, more than likely.

I've had no problem with the cloud saves but just sync them before you go offline. Then download each one to your new console once you have it set up

Splatoon and Pokemon are the only exception. This will be my 3rd or 4 time starting splatoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Sorry if asked already, but if you have multiple user accounts i.e. Japanese, South African & US ones, do they all need to be transferred over or do the purchases attach to the main account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus it takes a while to fill a 400gb card back up. I left it downloading over night and it's still not halfway there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Sorry if asked already, but if you have multiple user accounts i.e. Japanese, South African & US ones, do they all need to be transferred over or do the purchases attach to the main account?

Yes, all accounts need to be transferred over as any purchases made in that region are tied to that account. Presuming you've only ever played these games on your main account then all your saves will be tied to the account the game was played on.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

For doing the transfer, could I use a friend's switch to temporarily transfer my accounts over to, get the new switch and then move those accounts to the new one? I don't want to lose my Pokémon or Splatoon saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Do you have to have your old switch and new switch together to transfer user accounts? or can it be done via the cloud or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jesus it takes a while to fill a 400gb card back up. I left it downloading over night and it's still not halfway there.

I knew I forgot to take something out....

• Advertisement

abbir wrote: »
    For doing the transfer, could I use a friend's switch to temporarily transfer my accounts over to, get the new switch and then move those accounts to the new one? I don't want to lose my Pokémon or Splatoon saves.

Unless your friend is going to allow you wipe his console back to factory setting, allow you to do what you are asking and then reset up his, then no is the answer.

Of course you can get gamestop to allow you to take your console home with the new one and you pay €300 until you bring back your console for testing.

That's what you get for playing Pokémon :D:D:D

amadablam wrote: »
    Unless your friend is going to allow you wipe his console back to factory setting, allow you to do what you are asking and then reset up his, then no is the answer.

Of course you can get gamestop to allow you to take your console home with the new one and you pay €300 until you bring back your console for testing.

That's what you get for playing Pokémon :D:D:D

You can transfer individual accounts between switches without wiping the old one. Each switch can have 8 accounts attached to it.

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV0FrxK3bNI their own video shows the new console has two accounts on it after the transfer. The old one has stayed and the new one is added to it.

You can transfer individual accounts between switches without wiping the old one. Each switch can have 8 accounts attached to it.

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV0FrxK3bNI their own video shows the new console has two accounts on it after the transfer. The old one has stayed and the new one is added to it.

You can't transfer the game saves........ Not for the games you are asking..... That's what I answered..... You were talking about you're game saves as well for Pokemon and splatoon which you can't exchange between consoles without over writing the game save on the other console if he the same game, unless you do what's outlined above. As far as I know anyway. Other than what I said above, that's my understanding of the splatoon saves.

If you can do it then why are you asking the question in the first place?

You can't transfer the game saves........ Not for the games you are asking..... That's what I answered..... You were talking about you're game saves as well

Yes you can. The transfer of a user account from one switch to the other when you have both Switches in front of you transfers all the save games and licenses. That's the whole point of a user transfer.

The video is called "How to Transfer User Accounts and Save Data on Nintendo Switch".

I was asking if anyone had tried using a temporary Switch to hold their user account and save files, done a trade in and then transferred the user account to the new Switch.

The games I am asking are only restricted on Cloud Saves not on user transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes you can. The transfer of a user account from one switch to the other when you have both Switches in front of you transfers all the save games and licenses. That's the whole point of a user transfer.

The video is called "How to Transfer User Accounts and Save Data on Nintendo Switch".

I was asking if anyone had tried using a temporary Switch to hold their user account and save files, done a trade in and then transferred the user account to the new Switch.

If you knew all this why did you ask :confused:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you knew all this why did you ask :confused:

I was asking if anyone had tried it. I don't see why it wouldn't work but I have not tried it.

Instead I get a completely false response about wiping a friend's console

I was asking if anyone had tried it. I don't see why it wouldn't work but I have not tried it.

Instead I get a completely false response about wiping a friend's console

Let us know how you both get on.

People try and help here and occasionally the information may differ from what you think as its just one person's experience.

You could try it out as you seemed to have the answers for your questions within seconds of my best understanding of the question.

Also, you could try and help other users of the sub forum from time to time with their questions instead of calling information 'false' when someone tries to help you.

All I did was give you my understanding of transferring game saves from those two particular games and as far as I know, if you both have splatoon and you copy your save onto his console, there is a good chance it will over write his one with yours but you can try it and let us know if it works.

Hope it goes well for you and post back with the steps you took as it might help other users too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I've just had what seems to be the first rejection on thread. :(

My old Switch was left in store overnight, as Gamestop hadn't enough time to check it yesterday.

After the checks, I called back in today and was told that one joy-con is losing sync when not connected directly to the Switch. Can't say I'd noticed, as I mainly use the Pro Controller (if playing on tv) or joy-cons connected to Switch (on-the go).

I suppose I should have tried suggesting that they swap out and keep the Switch 1.1 joy-cons, but I just took my unloved Switch and left. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

druss wrote: »

My old Switch was left in store overnight, as Gamestop hadn't enough time to check it yesterday.

After the checks, I called back in today and was told that one joy-con is losing sync when not connected directly to the Switch. Can't say I'd noticed, as I mainly use the Pro Controller (if playing on tv) or joy-cons connected to Switch (on-the go).

I suppose I should have tried suggesting that they swap out and keep the Switch 1.1 joy-cons, but I just took my unloved Switch and left. :(

I think I had the reverse of this, they took mine, turned it on and handed me the new one. Nothing else :/

Seems to depend on the store.

druss wrote: »

Sorry to hear that dude. :(

Is there another gamestop store near you? You might get on better in a different store as we all know consistency isn't their strong point :)

Might be worth a try anyway.

Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I collected my pre-order this morning. No hassle whatsoever, and minimal testing of my old Switch. They offered to let me do a system transfer there and then but I've everything I want backed up, so I was in and out in about five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Let us know how you both get on.

People try and help here and occasionally the information may differ from what you think as its just one person's experience.

You could try it out as you seemed to have the answers for your questions within seconds of my best understanding of the question.

Also, you could try and help other users of the sub forum from time to time with their questions instead of calling information 'false' when someone tries to help you.

All I did was give you my understanding of transferring game saves from those two particular games and as far as I know, if you both have splatoon and you copy your save onto his console, there is a good chance it will over write his one with yours but you can try it and let us know if it works.

Hope it goes well for you and post back with the steps you took as it might help other users too. :)
    The games you mentioned can't be cloud saved, but they can be transferred between systems using save data transfer. (Have done so myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

tailgunner wrote: »
    I collected my pre-order this morning. No hassle whatsoever, and minimal testing of my old Switch. They offered to let me do a system transfer there and then but I've everything I want backed up, so I was in and out in about five minutes.

How are you transferring your user account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rhyme wrote: »
    I think I had the reverse of this, they took mine, turned it on and handed me the new one. Nothing else :/

Seems to depend on the store.

Same, in and out in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any reports on the screen?

Is it a bit "pinky" in white areas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Being the sensible fellow that I am, I have only just read the details of the deal!
    Might nip over the GS and see if they are still happy to do this.
    In truth, I've had oddles of trouble with my Switch and syncing, and I'd be guilt free to go in and trade a console with troubles of Nintendo's making for another.
    I'm sure that GS will have far more luck straightening out the issues with Ninty than I would.
    The only issue I might have is the transfer, I've 150GB of stuff on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fieldog wrote: »
    Any reports on the screen?

Is it a bit "pinky" in white areas?

Not much difference from what I had, it is slightly warmer but not by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Going to bite the bullet and go in for the offer tomorrow. Rang Game Stop today and they said we can try do the transfer of data in the store tomorrow to the new console.

So when I go in I do the transfer of my user profile from old switch across to the new, that transfers all my saves too right?

And do I need to do anything else after that? I register the old switch or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Don't try this in gamestop Naas, ****ing useless shop doesn't have wi-fi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I've 150GB of stuff on there!

That's a blip... Not a problem! I'd a full 400gb card that 24 hours later is not even halfway to being restored!

Advertisement