Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

amadablam wrote: »
    Update Pre order delivery date now listed as 13/09/19 for Gamestop so looks like next Friday the 13th :D

JtjmuxV.jpg

Gamestop and F13th def fit together haha. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Update: New Switch is in Gamestop

Got mine collected by a neighbour today.

Expect your call :D

ZJheY9u.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

New one is huge :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Update: New Switch is in Gamestop

Got mine collected by a neighbour today.

Expect your call :D
    So looking fwd to someones comments on the NEW SCREEN.
    It same or really different, stressed whether I'll hate it over the lovely original white bright ones ...

Cant wait for feedback. And best of luck with the upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

kevin2me wrote: »
    It same or really different, stressed whether I'll hate it over the lovely original white bright ones ...

Stop! You're making Switchmas 1.1 sound more like Switchaween!

• Advertisement

kevin2me wrote: »

Cant wait for feedback. And best of luck with the upgrade!

Ill be 100% honest, I did it for the new battery and warranty..... Mainly :) anything else is a bonus.

My 'NIT' detecting device is in the wash at the moment so I'll leave the laboratory brightness testing to the folks with super human eyes, unless the difference is glaringly obvious (pun intended). :D

Its a fantastic upgrade opportunity for the price though

Had a quick look there after putting the screen protector on and putting it on charge in the dock.

The joy con's do feel noticeably different. Texture wise and maybe its partly the new joycon feeling.

Just in the midst of downloading a couple of hundred gb of games and saves so I'll have a proper look tonight.

Im on my 4 th switch now (all for self justified reasons) :rolleyes: and really wish they would allow you swap the SD card between consoles and just verify the license or something, similar to Xbox with external drives.

Best of luck to anyone getting them today as I doubt there will be an over demand stock levels as apparently mine was the first collected in the store here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ill be 100% honest, I did it for the new battery and warranty..... Mainly :) anything else is a bonus.

My 'NIT' detecting device is in the wash at the moment so I'll leave the laboratory brightness testing to the folks with super human eyes, unless the difference is glaringly obvious (pun intended). :D

Its a fantastic upgrade opportunity for the price though

Had a quick look there after putting the screen protector on and putting it on charge in the dock.

The joy con's do feel noticeably different. Texture wise and maybe its partly the new joycon feeling.

Just in the midst of downloading a couple of hundred gb of games and saves so I'll have a proper look tonight.

Im on my 4 th switch now (all for self justified reasons) :rolleyes: and really wish they would allow you swap the SD card between consoles and just verify the license or something, similar to Xbox with external drives.

Best of luck to anyone getting them today as I doubt there will be an over demand stock levels as apparently mine was the first collected in the store here :o
    Great stuff - let us know if the transition goes smoothly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

So is it definitely 200 euro offered for your own switch then add 50% bonus on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So is it definitely 200 euro offered for your own switch then add 50% bonus on it?

Yeah. They're offering an "upgrade" to the lite for free plus a €70 store credit voucher when trading in a Switch as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Yup just traded mine plus 30e for the 1.1 version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Does anyone know if there is a method of doing a system transfer with thet gameStop trade? I'd be interested, but don't want to lose my Splatoon save!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a method of doing a system transfer with thet gameStop trade? I'd be interested, but don't want to lose my Splatoon save!

Go to your local and ask if they will let you do it when you're trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That's the deposit full asking price - tale new one home - transfer - bring old one in for store credit route

If you have a fast and unlimited data bundle on your phone , go in early and do it in the shop but bear in mind it (I think) takes bleeding ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Go to your local and ask if they will let you do it when you're trading in.

Cheers, will do that. If anyone else has asked before I get a chance, post here, and if not I'll post when I hear from my local Gamestop.

No way I'd do it for Store Credit. My only save is Splatoon, and I rarely play that anyway so not hugely bothered to start over if I have to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Initially wasn't going to go for this offer, as I really like my Pokemon switch. But damn, it's such a tempting offer.. Decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is there an end date for this offer?

Yakult wrote: »
    Initially wasn't going to go for this offer, as I really like my Pokemon switch. But damn, it's such a tempting offer.. Decisions...

Give in to your inner voice! :D

These offers have 'forced' me to get rid of LE Mario Oddessey console and a Diablo 3 one but I can't help myself :o
    Mr E wrote: »
    Is there an end date for this offer?

Its supposed to run until the end of September but I was told that they may pull the bonus credit at short notice if they get too many consoles traded in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

New Switch all set up and downloading all my games as I type. Sorry to see my Diablo Edition go but a spanky new Switch, 40% more battery life and new warranty is hard to pass up for €30.

skerry wrote: »
    New Switch all set up and downloading all my games as I type. Sorry to see my Diablo Edition go but a spanky new Switch, 40% more battery life and new warranty is hard to pass up for €30.

Anyone here no if I can transfer Pokemon Go save?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Anyone know how strict gamestop are on trade ins.. I have a small crack on the back plate by the top left screw think it was a half known issue .. everything else is in perfect condition, think they'll still take it with the crack?

• Advertisement

Harpy wrote: »
    Anyone know how strict gamestop are on trade ins.. I have a small crack on the back plate by the top left screw think it was a half known issue .. everything else is in perfect condition, think they'll still take it with the crack?

Maybe they won't notice?

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Maybe they won't notice?

Hopefully, but its like a little chip gone, you notice it alright if you look down on it the gap just kind of jumps out..

It's like the ones on this page about half way down where you can see a little chop gone..
    I'm sure they can fix it easily so they might just offer a reduced amount so might try it and see what they offer and decide then

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/poll_is_your_nintendo_switch_cracking_under_the_pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Are any of the bonuses available with this offer, and are any of them worth it?
    50% off
    Trials Rising
    Fortnite Deep Freeze
    Wolfenstein Youngblood
    All-Star Fruit Racing
    Lego Ninjago
    Team Sonic Racing
    When you buy the new Switch Console

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Hopefully, but its like a little chip gone, you notice it alright if you look down on it the gap just kind of jumps out..

It's like the ones on this page about half way down where you can see a little chop gone..
    I'm sure they can fix it easily so they might just offer a reduced amount so might try it and see what they offer and decide then

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/poll_is_your_nintendo_switch_cracking_under_the_pressure

I traded today. They barely looked at my day one switch. Nothing much to see but they did very little testing. Didn't even click out the joy cons.

I called them today and they said they'd need to keep it for an hour for testing (and not to wipe it).
    Looks like varies from shop to shop.

Yeah I'll pop in tomorrow evening and see what they say worth a try anyway to get a new warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Mr E wrote: »
    I called them today and they said they'd need to keep it for an hour for testing (and not to wipe it).
    Looks like varies from shop to shop.

Must do. I was less than 10 minutes in and out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Give in to your inner voice! :D

I shall go in tomorrow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Got the call yesterday that my new grey Switch is ready but didn't have the chance to go in, going in today.

Reset the console last night and setup a new account not linked to my Nintendo account so they can test the machine. I might have said this on another thread but ensure you are connected to the internet when resetting so your account is unlinked or deregistered from the Switch. If you forget to unlink this way you can do it from accounts.nintendo.com as well.

Grey Switch with the dark theme, only way to go! :-)

• Advertisement

My switch is cleaned with wipes and all packed up as new (still had the box).
    Took me a while last night to find the joycon holder though. Hadn't used that for 2 years.

As a mainly digital user, I have a sh*tload of downloading to do tonight.

Advertisement