Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks OP. Great offer. One happy 13 year old here.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I know there was discussion of this earlier in the thread but I didn't see a concrete answer.

Would I be able to transfer my account and saves over to the kid's Switch and then over to the new one when I get it? That seems easier than doing it in store. And I don't wanna lose my Splatoon or Pokémon saves.

I haven't bought the new switch yet, but I have tried the first step of using an intermediate Switch to hold the saves. It worked fine for me and I was able to transfer them back to where they came from as well. It'd be much easier than doing it in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

I traded in my old switch for the new switch in GameStop in Bray yesterday. Staff were sound and very helpful. They did the transfer and I was only in there for about 15mins in total. Unbelievable deal for €30!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

My one has a small mark on the screen how much do you think this will take off the value you can't see it when playing games only when it's off and in the light?.

Still have the box and the dock covered in 3 inchs of dirt ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I traded in my old switch for the new switch in GameStop in Bray yesterday. Staff were sound and very helpful. They did the transfer and I was only in there for about 15mins in total. Unbelievable deal for €30!

Agreed re the staff in the Bray store. Have been in twice recently and the same two lads were working both times. Really knowledgeable and helpful. Just a pity that the prices in Gamestop are so high generally (trade-in offers excluded!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Got sorted in Tallaght yesterday myself. In and out in about 10 mins. Haven't taken it out of the box yet but delighted to get a fresh machine for €30 - thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I still haven't received a call from Gamestop Henry St yet. Preordered last week.

Thanks to amadablam too who helped me out big time getting my switch ready for the switch.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wong wrote: »
    I still haven't received a call from Gamestop Henry St yet. Preordered last week.

Thanks to amadablam too who helped me out big time getting my switch ready for the switch.

Wouldn't bother waiting for a call if I was you, likely wont come at this stage. I didn't bother preordering and got the deal Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Guys, did the switch come with an SD card that I need to return as well? Got a 128gb card but can’t remember if it came with one to start with.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guys, did the switch come with an SD card that I need to return as well? Got a 128gb card but can’t remember if it came with one to start with.

No, that's yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

wong wrote: »

Just go in and pick it up. They probably won't call. Ordered last Tuesday myself said they'd call and never did. Went in late Friday and was in and out in 5 minutes. They only had a quick look at my old one and reset it.

Great deal for €30 much better battery life. My old one was never great even in airplane mode and brightness down I was getting the advertised time out of it. Played docked mostly but with the better run time no I'll be more likely to bring out with me. Changed from Neon to grey too. Liked the blue and red but the grey is much more understated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Ryath wrote: »
    Changed from Neon to grey too. Liked the blue and red but the grey is much more understated.

I love grey, I stuck with it for the trade in. Grey with the dark theme is a great combination I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Still haven't opened mine, great deal though.

So if i walk into gamestop tommarow with my box switch to trade in can I get this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

So if i walk into gamestop tommarow with my box switch to trade in can I get this deal?
    yes unless they stop it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

shanec1928 wrote: »
    yes unless they stop it tonight

are they supposed to be stopping it tonight?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

They've said that they'll stop it at the end of September or if they sell out. The longer someone waits, the smaller the chance of getting the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Its supposed to run until the end of the month but they have said that they will pull the offer of 50% bonus trade in, if they get too many trade ins.

GS are likely to pull the offer at short notice anyway. That's according to the manager of a local store and it has been said to others as well so if you are thinking about it, don't think too long because you might miss out, as it's a fantastic offer.

Well my daughters switch that I thought had drift issues I fixed through some suggestion from Ninty support. The Mrs popped into GS william street Limerick this morning and just got the trade and also traded in Minecraft switch and Just Cause 4 for xbox. Yer man said that will be 6 euro so please she went to pay and the guy actually said wait no I made a mistake I owe you 6 euro :D gotta be the deal of the year so far LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I availed of this offer in Bray yesterday, they are so incredibly helpful! Really nice shop. Transferred the two old profiles across to the new device in about 10 minutes, was all very easy and quick.

• Advertisement

Perfect for the help on this.

Fingers crossed it be OK tommarow.

ionapaul wrote: »
    I availed of this offer in Bray yesterday, they are so incredibly helpful! Really nice shop. Transferred the two old profiles across to the new device in about 10 minutes, was all very easy and quick.

I'm so jealous of you guys who have friendly staff, my local has a big ****ing ejit behind the till, he argued with me over a deal and didn't wanna know even though I had the website on my phone to prove it... he knew he was wrong and just didn't wanna look and lose his pride :P

If you're doing the profile transfer in the store, on a kids system, what passwords do you need to have handy ? The user account password obviously but what about supervisor accounts ? I wouldn't know them off the top of my head, just want to know what to have written down before I go in.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of you guys who have friendly staff, my local has a big ****ing ejit behind the till, he argued with me over a deal and didn't wanna know even though I had the website on my phone to prove it... he knew he was wrong and just didn't wanna look and lose his pride :P

What store was that? I would note his name and report him that's just plain lazy and totally unfair to customers of that store that want to avail of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Did the deal in Waterford about half an hour ago. Was there for less than 10 minutes I'd say.

What store was that? I would note his name and report him that's just plain lazy and totally unfair to customers of that store that want to avail of the offer.

He's the manager and the receipts don't have staff names anymore so I don't know it. I'll be cancelling my orders and taking my business elsewhere if he's back full time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm gonna try this this week, whats the best gamestop in city centre to try this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

SMC92Ian wrote: »

He's probably reading your posts on here about him and just winding you up :D. :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

I got mine today as well. Traded in my five-month-old Switch!

Only played a little but joycons are way more solid when in docked mode.

They didn't really check the console but got my accounts transferred over.

I did notice a potential offer. For those buying the Switch 1.1 from Gamestop, you get a select game half-price, which includes the NSW version of Wolfenstein Youngblood at €12.50. The game is not meant to be that great, though. However, you can trade it back in to Gamestop to get 50% off your next pre-order. So a €60 game comes out at €42.50 (€30 for pre-order + €12.50 for Wolfenstein).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tbahh wrote: »
    I got mine today as well. Traded in my five-month-old Switch!

Only played a little but joycons are way more solid when in docked mode.

They didn't really check the console but got my accounts transferred over.

I did notice a potential offer. For those buying the Switch 1.1 from Gamestop, you get a select game half-price, which includes the NSW version of Wolfenstein Youngblood at €12.50. The game is not meant to be that great, though. However, you can trade it back in to Gamestop to get 50% off your next pre-order. So a €60 game comes out at €42.50 (€30 for pre-order + €12.50 for Wolfenstein).

The game is a download code so you won't be able to trade it back in.

Advertisement