Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

proper chills also at his exit to zombie. pure class that man and some phenomenal fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zombie still swinging on the way down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Perfect fight for him to retire. Was hurting Max as well.

Unbelievable entrance and walkout as well

So let me make sure I have everything right...

Over three years ago, at the age of 24, Rhys McKee got pistol-whipped by Chimaev, after Chimaev had fought ten days earlier.

McKee said he was caught on short notice and vowed he'd be back and avenge the loss...

2023, at the age of 27, and he's still with that f*cking waster Rodney Marsh...and has just lost to a fella 9-3.

Quite possible early onset CTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

tbf losing to khamzat is not something I would bury someone over that dude is a killer, but yeah while his opponent was not a bum, nonetheless it was a relatively kind return to the company. He won't make it unfortunately.

I see Loughran also lost, but tbf it was against a replacement opponent who from betting odds was clearly superior to his initial opponent! Loughran was 1/3 against te first dude he was meant to fight, but outsider against this chap.Its not ideal but needs another look before he is written off.

• Advertisement

Oh, absolutely, losing to Chimaev is nothing to be ashamed about but McKee also lost his second fight UFC fight a couple of months later to go 0-2 and he gets cut.

That was three years ago.

Surely at that point you think "That was a humbling experience but I'm 24, I'm gonna learn from it, it's time for a change of scenery and to go train with better sparring partners." I don't see how you can experience the standard of the UFC and not realise you need a new gym immediately.

At least Loughran had the sense to go to Kaobon.

Ian Garry had the most sense and went to America.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Adesanya Stricken!

Spent the whole fight on the back foot and Strickland takes the title unanimously.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭barryribs

This is some take. At the time two judges had it 30-27 and one had it 30-26.

Diego Lopes is a menace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Wow! Wasn't expecting that!

These fights are flying in!

• Advertisement

He is the real deal, so quick and powerful. Delighted for him.

He is the undisputed champ, never mind the original fight!!

He has a chin anyway, Pavlovich caught him with a wrecking ball and he shook it off.

What the **** was that stoppage?

He was hurt but should have waited for a couple of shots on the ground.

I think he kinda fell/rolled to get away from the elbows. Think we needed to see how things ended up after the scramble. He was hurt for sure, but particularly for a title fight that was way too early.

Edit: Ok, he he had no problem with it himself. Fair enough. Classy interview

Mindless carry on from Jiri.

He'd want to f*ck up the Himalayas and live with monks for a year or two, it might calm him down. Constantly rushed in like a fella just plucked outta the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Interesting enough Alex was caught by an almost identical hook by Izzy in their last fight. He was pushing forward and got clocked with a short hook that flattened him.

Decent main card. All KOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Said for a long time, Aspinall is a future champ. Delighted for him.

Jones is probably out till this time next year so what happens next at HW? Stipe probably only got one fight left in him so he'll wait for Jones I think.

Serious speed from Aspinall. Great finish.

I think Tom will chill and see what Jon is planning to do next year, if he decides to fight Tom on his return happy days all round, but if it is Stipe then retirement then he will have to go with Gane or Almeida as I see no other alternatives.

Good chance Tom won't fight for a long time sadly though while he waits to see what Jon wants to do on his return sadly.

• Advertisement

Hehehe

Josh Emmett wins with more or less the first significant strike of the fight, and what a punch it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was never a big Tony Ferguson fan but sad to see how incredibly washed he is. Even glancing blows look like knocking him out. Chin completely gone.

Not really a great fight for me that one. Both just looked off the pace.

Pimblett looked out on his feet at the start of round 3 but Ferguson didn't seem to try too much to get back to his feet despite his corner continually calling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Never a Colby fan but he was exceptionally poor in that. Edwards, while boring, managed that fight with ease. Even threw in some wrestling to show Colby up some more. Just a stronger and better fighter, it would have been nice to see him push to do some proper damage but he was so far ahead, why risk it

Where can Paddy go from here? He or anyone serious should be beating Tony with much less fuss IMO.

Main event was tedious, Colby can **** off now ideally feed him to Garry or Shavkat.

The Josh Emmett KO Wow. We may not see Bryce for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not the best ppv night but not too bad, glad Ferguson didn’t get embarrassed but Paddy looks very average in my opinion, don’t think he has the potential to be a champion.

Pantoja fight was decent but flyweights nearly always deliver

Delighted Edwards won and it was very comfortable, hopefully Colby just goes away and he needs to win a lot of fights to get another shot, he is just not a good person and no way on earth he deserved this fight based on the past few years, I get the marketing and all that but come on, he has been inactive. It really annoyed me when Joe Rohan was saying that it wasn’t a good look for him to finish the fight o the ground like that, gtf out of here, he dominated that fight, yea he didn’t finish hm but he had to be composed and not make a silly mistake out of anger from the drama about what Colby said, he needs a bit more respect, not saying he is amazing but he is getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just watched it now.

Leon, unsurprisingly, dominated Covington. Covington hasn't beaten anybody of note that wasn't on the skid.

Masvidal was imo pretty ordinary and coming off two losses to Usman. Woodley was coming off two losses and was a shadow of the fighter he had been. Robbie Lawler was a busted flush and coming off a few loses when they met. RDA was way past his best.

For me he is one of the most overrated fighters ever.

Anyway, no surprise to see Wonderboy stopped.

Pantoja was far too good for Royval.

Brutal knockout by Josh Emmett. You'd be worried for Bryce Mitchell after what happened.

I don't know how the Menifield and Aldana fights went to decisions.

Three contenders for fight if the night, I've no idea which one got it, probably co-main got it but for me I thought Aldana v Rosa was the best.

I hope Du Plessis flatlines Strickland later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Decent fight, not great. 48-47 either way is fine but I thought Strickland edged it.

Advertisement