Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Great read. Thanks. Actually looking forward to the fight now. Considering his performance against CM Punk I would expect Dean Barry to take his head off. Actually surprised to see Jackson back in the octagon after what Dana said after that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Barry DQ'd and deservedly so. Very unprofessional and unnecessary when in control.

Saying that feel a bit sorry for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Unfortunate for Barry but he has to be finished in the UFC already. Strange circumstances granted but they spent 2 years getting him this fight and he loses to the biggest underdog on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What a comeback fight from Pedro, how he can't get more up the bill on a card like this is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jamie Mullarkey up next facing Michael Johnson. I hope Jamie can get back on the win trail after his second round ko loss to Jalin Turner.

Johnson is full of energy so I'm hoping Jamie can get him on the cage and tire him out a bit and maybe end it in the second round.

For anybody that doesn't know, Jamie is Irish-Australian, both his parents are Irish. His father is from Sligo. I work with his cousin.

Another epic fight for Jamie. Both fighters full on for the full three rounds, both survived being knocked down by heavy shots in the first round. It'll definitely be fight of the night.

Jamie got it on a split decision, you couldn't argue if it went either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Excellent performance from Jamie. Michael is a TUF finalise and a solid gate keeper to the rankings.

Jamie comes down to our gym occasional. Nice guy.

Michael Johnson really one of the best examples of a fighter out there who's better than the record suggests. The amount of high level fights he's come close to finishing, or was super competitive in, yet lost, is unbelievable.

Obviously nobody watching. Insane fight, Matt Schnell with an incredible comeback. One of the craziest fights I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It's actually boards that's gone to ****. Some round that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Yeah also think it's just boards being ****. I watch every Saturday. Rarely miss a prelim and that was one of the best comebacks in recent memory. If the ref had stopped it for either fighter before the finish it wouldn't have been controversial. Crazy, crazy fight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Every elbow he took he looked wobbled and about to go down, couldnt believe he manage to keep going and then the straight punch was the turning point and the start of the crazy comeback.

The whole card was great. Gutted for Ortega though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looked like Yair caused the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

Great to have fights on at a reasonable hour today. Tough fight for Aspinall, but I'd like to see him win. He comes across as a nice guy and I think he has a huge speed advantage.

I hope Goldy sends 'Meatball' McCann through the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Absolutely despise the piggybacking mccann does with pimblett, the man cant take a sh*t without her on his shoulder.

Craig to get pucked around tonight and pull a sub as usual and Paddy to get KTFO and exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I think Leavitt's only way of winning is on the ground by pulling out a sub.

Drake has bet his $1m on Paddy/Molly. He famously gets those wrong quite often.

• Advertisement

Mokaev is a rash but I was pleasantly surprised by Johnson there, some good defence.

Comfortably 3-0 Mokaev.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

This is a good enough under card. Amirkhani looks like he's spent a lot of energy in that first round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭finglashoop

out on his feet start of round 2

surprised he lasted so long

Nathaniel Wood isn't missing with his legs or fists. Crisp.

Rosa won't be able to get up off his stool after the battering his left leg is taking.

clinical stuff from wood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Wood was brilliant, put on a clinic. I thought he looked big enough for someone moving up weight also.

I'd say Rosa will have some sore left calf tomorrow!!

where is bisping getting a 10 8 for diakese

very little damage done while in control on the ground

most significant strike is a headbutt

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I the dikase fight was disappointing. Didn't do any damage for all his control

• Advertisement

C'mon Oezdemir.

Advertisement