Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

molly mcann is literally the biggest sack ive ever come accross

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Molly is hard to listen to , she was grand up till the win last time out in London & now she's way to over board,

You'd imagine at 32 she'd have t cope on to leave Paddy have his moment by himself after his fight, Even in the after fight press conference at one stage Paddy said will ye stop cursing its cringe, ,

Fighting wise Molly will end up much higher ranked than Paddy,

Paddy in trouble now its going to be tough to give him a decent name at LW that he can beat, I reckon even Tony Ferguson beats him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wouldnt it be great though to see Paddy vs McGregor.

Another decent win or 2 for Paddy and they'll be close in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah the problem long term for Paddy is he is in a division of killers. Mc Gregor is a berk but fair is fair he did record some nice wins before he went full blown obnoxious.

Looking at the rankings in that division and the top 15 who does he beat? Maybe if pushed Conor, Turner and Damir and Tony?

Everyone in the top 10 kill him unfortunately (bar conor!)

https://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/lightweight/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Paddy gets hits often, Conor would sleep him early & im by no means a Conor fan

• Advertisement

Fair point on him getting hit.

I don't mind Paddy and I understand him avoiding killers atm, but if he wants to get the next level he is going to have to challenge guys in the top 10.

McGregor the annoying so and so did actually fight some elite fighters which obviously helped him blow up and O'Malley who Paddy is compared to fought Vera, Munhoz and now Yan so he knows crushing can's won't make you a PPV superstar.

He wants to fight on the December PPV , very interesting to see where he and Molly are on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,627 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mohammed Usman is the TUF champ. A brutal knockout punch. It'll be interesting to follow his career from here. With that power he could go to the top.

He lost his son three years ago, was talking about how this is all for him.

He comes across as a great guy too. You want him to do well.

Geoff Neal never looked as good as he did tonight. Third round ko of Vincente Luque, first time he's ever been knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Good card. How an earth is Sam Alvey still on the roster. No wins in his last NINE fights.

He's done now, but he really didn't need that knockout last night to say the least.

Not a sexy card on the paper, but all fights had finishes so a decent watch tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

Great to have a card on at a reasonable time today

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Zverklez

Are the prelims available anywhere? Fight pass? BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Nathaniel Wood looked very good again there.

He's very quick and powerful even though he looked a lot smaller than Jourdain.

Marvin absolutely schooled

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fairly predictable fight given robs superior striking

Not sure where Vettori goes from here.

Another predictable one coming up, Tui about to get schooled, will probably be legless after a round or two if

he doesn't get put away

I'd never rule Tuivasa out, a much tougher and smarter fighter than a lot in the division. He has to make it ugly though

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Station?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Vicious uppercut from Gane!

and right you were

what a fight!

I didn't expect Tai to have any success at all 😮

• Advertisement

Great finish, he beats Francis next time as well.

Some 2nd round!

They just have to do that fight in France

I reckon he gets Francis next if only because how bad Dana wants Francis beat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a fight. Tai is one tough dude, he was ate up with that jab, he was going down with that head kick but regained consciousness in a split second it was insane.

Yeah I hope so, atmosphere would be amazing for that fight in Paris. Very impressed tonight

Superb, Tuivasa is limited enough but his toughness is what separates him from the likes of Lewis. Gane is probably the most technical striker ever in the heavy weight division, those body shots were brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

I've always liked Ngannou. But I got to say Gane is my favourite guy at Heavyweight. Best mover for a big guy I've ever seen, very slick with it. He showed his grit there because the punches he ate would have put most people away, the way he regained his composure was very impressive. Tui is a hard cúnt, he may be a crude banger, but what a crude banger he is. That card was class, at a good time for once, I would have loved to be at that.

I watched a couple of the Contender series recently. Some serious looking fighters coming through.

Last one I watched looked like there was a lot of serious talent.

Kinoshita from Japan looked serious, knockout power and very good movement, never stands in the one spot and good head movement. He looks a real smart fighter. He came in with one defeat which was for grabbing the fence whilst dominating a fight. The guy he beat, Henrique, came in undefeated and was working out of the same gym as Jose Aldo who was singing his praises. It appeared Jose had taken him under his wing. He looks a good fighter.

Viktoria Dudakova looks very talented, she won by decision but dominated from start to finish.

Blake Bilder looked really good too.

My favourite was kinoshita because he has a real good nature about him but no doubt the most dangerous looking was Rebecki, remember the name. I think he'll go a very long way.

A couple of weeks before that I seen a guy called Bo Nickal. He's a multiple wrestling champion and he looks really dangerous. He's unbeaten and faced an unbeaten fighter and made him look like an amateur. I don't remember how long the fight lasted but it wasn't very long. He clearly has a very serious ground game and it looks like he has power too.

The UFC would be no worse off if it took everyone who fought on the last two fight nights and cut three quarters of them. Bush league stuff for the majority of both cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I agree I'm not bothered watching fight night cards anymore

Do less and improve the quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

i have really fallen out of love with the sport over the last few years with the sheer amount of "cards" put on.

Saturation of the market is at his highest ever i reckon. I only have interest in the numbered PPVs.

Advertisement