Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I don't think he clearly won the 4th round at all.

Yep I had till winning only 1 round, the first.

I know nothing though as I had Till win 0 rounds against wonder boy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,522 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think he clearly won the 4th round at all.
    It was pretty clear but I can see how you mightn't think that.
    The reason he won that round was the cleaner strikes. He caught Whittaker with a few really clean strikes in that round. Whittaker caught him a couple of times too but only two of his were clean strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

eagle eye wrote: »
    IFinal scoring was exactly right. Till won rounds 1 and 4 but clearly lost the other three rounds.
    I don't think he won the 4th and more clearly that he lost the 5th.

Whitaker landed more strikes in both rounds. (13-8, 17-12)
    Till land more headshots in the 5th. (10-6), where as Whitaker pipped him in the 4th. (7-6)

The takedowns in the 5th were likely HUGE in terms of the scoring for Whitaker.
    Scoring could have very easily have gone either way depending on judges personal weighting to takedowns and leg kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mellor wrote: »
    He's could go all the way. But he's fought nowhere near top level guys yet. There's a huge difference between holding down a guy with little to no wrestling and doing it to an Div 1 wrestler.

Absolutely, but you'd have said the same about Stylebender. Some of them just look to "have it" and to me that's Chimaev at this point. Every chance it comes to nothing, but at this point he's pretty scary.

Absolutely, but you'd have said the same about Stylebender. Some of them just look to "have it" and to me that's Chimaev at this point. Every chance it comes to nothing, but at this point he's pretty scary.

Yep and looking at guys ranked around 10-15 I think chimaev gets through them with ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Gerald Meerschaert vs Ed Herman has been scrapped from tonight’s card.

Meerschaert tested positive for COVID-19 and has been pulled from the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Ha.. Dominic Cruz compliments a second ref tonight for not stopping a fight. Scarred for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

Shahbazyan didn't look too impressive, ran outta steam pretty early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

The amount of groin strikes was amazing in this event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

What a crazy end to that round with Tucker v Jaynes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Great matchmaking especially for during Covid with Tucker v James. Tucker up againat it for the first 4 minutes then came back brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

What a fight

Felder is so good in commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Weidman scrapes it still a shadow of his former self off the horsemeat diet.

Shades of Dada 5000 v Kimbo with that Weidman fight! They were both gassed!

Glad Weidman pulled out the win. Not pretty though!

Huge KO for the Black beast! Most KOs in the UFC heavyweight division now

Lewis "I gotta take a sh*t" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Still Ill wrote: »
    Felder is so good in commentary.

He's getting better all the time, has a great rapport with most fighters too.
    It's impossible not to respect the man though as a fighter and commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

mailburner wrote: »
    He's getting better all the time, has a great rapport with most fighters too.
    It's impossible not to respect the man though as a fighter and commentator.

Definitely respect him as a fighter and he's a nice guy, he's just a bit dry on commentary for my liking. Not quite as bad as cruz, but very stiff.

Surprised it's been so quiet here tonight. No thread, so I guess I'll post here.. Looking forward to see how Sean O'Malley does here.

Not great so!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Still Ill wrote: »
    Surprised it's been so quiet here tonight. No thread, so I guess I'll post here.. Looking forward to see how Sean O'Malley does here.

Not great so!

Create a thread....better to make one than me having to deal with reported posts tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads I have created an event thread..it literally takes 2 seconds. Post there if you want to discuss it.

Tonight one of those cards that looks dirt but will probably turn out to be a banger. Think Edgar goes for a nap then retires.

OSP out tonight due to a positive covid test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Possibly the worst card on paper I can ever remember seeing. But still going to watch it live and hope the unknowns can deliver some fun fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Wow!!! One of the best comebacks I have seen in a fight. 10-8 round, could have been stopped and he gets a TKO Rd 2. Impressive!

There's been a lot of quick fights. Swanging and banging and a few subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

US2 wrote: »
    Tonight one of those cards that looks dirt but will probably turn out to be a banger. Think Edgar goes for a nap then retires.

You were half right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Two crazy comebacks last night.

Perhaps a controversial opinion but another boring edgar fight added to the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Beersmith wrote: »
    Two crazy comebacks last night.

Perhaps a controversial opinion but another boring edgar fight added to the list

Fight was a cracker.

Whole card was really really good. That Jones come back was a thing of beauty!

Advertisement