Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

ASOT wrote: »
    Lovely finish from Aspinall

Lovely finish

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    great to see all these lads getting a call up and making the most of it

should be 3 english winners on the night with dalby

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

mailburner wrote: »
    great to see all these lads getting a call up and making the most of it

should be 3 english winners on the night with dalby

Dalby is not English?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus Christ Herb, come on.

Jesus Christ Herb, come on.

Piss poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads herb must be waiting for someone to die before he's gonna stop the fight. Insane.

Lads herb must be waiting for someone to die before he's gonna stop the fight. Insane.

His eyes were rolling around in his head, out of it and Herb let it go on, Herb was one of the best but not on his game at all the last 24 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Hardy going at Herb off commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Herb went full Yamasaki there. You should never go full Yamasaki.

Hardy v Dean before the night is out.

• Advertisement

On the replay you see it wasn't just the slowness to stop the fight. He was miles away from the action and took an age to get there.

Just before the interview with with Trinaldo here you could hear Hardy shouting "...my job, you do yours" or similar. Was absolutely fuming

On the replay you see it wasn't just the slowness to stop the fight. He was miles away from the action and took an age to get there.

Just before the interview with with Trinaldo here you could hear Hardy shouting "...my job, you do yours" or similar. Was absolutely fuming

Yeah I think he was shouting I'll do my job and you do yours.

You know what happened next though, Herb steps in too early and stops a fight way before he should.

Ye and when Hardy stood up shouting stop the fight that's twice now Herb said something from the octagon back to him.

Perhaps, but too early is always preferable to too late.

The way he fell back stiff it was clear as day he was out of it. What else did he need to see ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Easy work for Chimaev.

The Khabib of welterweight.

2 fights in 10 days and zero punishment. Scary good.

Absolute monster. McKee tried everything but that was even more dominant then expected.

No damage in two fights in 10 days. Get him on another card asap.

That's a scary prospect.

Some domination alright. I'd say Dana would have him fighting in America over the next few weeks if he could get him into the country.

Obviously doesn't have the best English, but seems like a bit of a twat. Can fairly back it up though. If I was any to 5 welterweight I'd be looking at him very, very nervously. He'll be fighting for the title in next 12-18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Delighted for Whittaker. He looked shook in that first round but rallied well in the rest of the fight. I thought the final scoring flattered Till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Respect to Trinaldo for not putting herberts head through the canvas also

could you imagine if that had been someone like Masvidal :eek:

It has to be herbs worst moment in refereeing that I can remember, it's baffling how he seemed to be the only one that couldn't tell Herbert was out

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for Whittaker. He looked shook in that first round but rallied well in the rest of the fight. I thought the final scoring flattered Till.
    Final scoring was exactly right. Till won rounds 1 and 4 but clearly lost the other three rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Doubling down now it seems. Really poor reffing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Before the prelims last night I watched the Joe Joyce boxing fight. He’s a decent fighter and at 19st 6 he has incredible power. But compared to every single fight last night in the UFC, it was shockingly bad. I’m not going to lie I am a huge boxing fan but fair play to Dana he has assembled an amazing stable of fighters. Since the lockdown every night has been entertaining except one. In UFC I have loved the fights and prelims. On the other hand boxing has been dire.

Last night I was very impressed with Whitaker and Till. Both gave everything. Honestly surprised Whitaker stood toe to toe instead of grappling more.

The one question I was interested in is the Bosser Pessoa fight. Pessoa obviously got a knuckle (or something) in the eye. Before another strike he put his hands out and then crumbled to the floor. Bosser, jumped on this (no fault) and threw 9 vicious unanswered strikes to the head. Then Herb stopped it.

Constantly It raised of Herbs unerring calibre as a ref, but over and over he allows the above to happen. (Btw this not even discussing the other fight) but am I missing something about this disgrace?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Some amount of illegal strikes last night, covid fever possibly getting to the fighters...

The sack tap was especially bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Obviously doesn't have the best English, but seems like a bit of a twat. Can fairly back it up though. If I was any to 5 welterweight I'd be looking at him very, very nervously. He'll be fighting for the title in next 12-18 months.

He's could go all the way. But he's fought nowhere near top level guys yet. There's a huge difference between holding down a guy with little to no wrestling and doing it to an Div 1 wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Whittaker's reaction in the post fight interviews to the news that Till might need surgery on his knee was priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

eagle eye wrote: »
    Final scoring was exactly right. Till won rounds 1 and 4 but clearly lost the other three rounds.

I don't think he clearly won the 4th round at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

theteal wrote:
    I was only half watching but was the judging fairly harsh on Katona? While all close rounds I thought he defo won the 3rd. He fairly controlled the 2nd too although he didn't really hold on to any of the take downs....
    I said at the time that it was one of those fights where around could be called either way.

Advertisement