Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Excuse the double post technology got the better of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Love this board can always rely on you for lyrics to match the situation. Its like happy hour here again and again. Have my ticket for Heaton/Abbot and really looking forward to it.

Have tickets for Killarney Easter Sunday. Road trip from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

thebusher wrote: »
    Have tickets for Killarney Easter Sunday. Road trip from Waterford.

Have now been convinced to check out the Galway gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

thebusher wrote: »
    I take a break, have a look back in and you're slagging off Paul Heaton/ Beautiful South.....

You're all dead to me.

Great great songwriter

You know your problem?
    You keep it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

everlast75 wrote: »
    Maybe listen to the lyrics more? they are a lot darker than people think.

That said, they are not for everybody so I can understand why you have that opinion :)

Who cares if the lyrics are dark or not? The songs themselves are absolute muck. And the lyrics I have heard are toe curlingly cringeworthy. Off the top of my head, Rotterdam, the one about being a perfect ten, that Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa Sue one. Rubbish songs and lyrics. I have to stop talking about them now as the thoughts of those songs is filling me with rage.

• Advertisement

Who cares if the lyrics are dark or not? The songs themselves are absolute muck. And the lyrics I have heard are toe curlingly cringeworthy. Off the top of my head, Rotterdam, the one about being a perfect ten, that Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa Sue one. Rubbish songs and lyrics. I have to stop talking about them now as the thoughts of those songs is filling me with rage.

Apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Good God, Lotus Flower. Save that rage for next weeks announcement.

Whats your view on the housemartins? (Braces himself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

They passed me by TBH, not really my thing but don't have any strong feelings on them. It's TBS that are truly offensive to my ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Build is a classic. Heaton is a fantastic songwriter, and there’s no harm in being a popular tunesmith.

• Advertisement

They passed me by TBH, not really my thing but don't have any strong feelings on them. It's TBS that are truly offensive to my ears!

The social commentary on virtually all of Heaton's work is incredible. I listened to the Housemartin debut album for the first time in years at Christmas, Jesus, the song Sheep was written back then and could be applied to any election in UK, Ireland or America that we've had.

The last album but one, What Have We Become is such an indictment on society, particularly the title track its unreal and all to happy chirpy beats.

He's got some writing chops at the old love songs too.

Dig deep my friend, it's worth it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Possibly Republic of Loose for the announcement? They released a greatest hits last year and have been active on social media. Mick Pyro played EP two years ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Have now been convinced to check out the Galway gig.
    I'll be making a weekend of it for the Galway gig. Probably could've sourced some for the sold out Belfast gig but sure any excuse for a road trip to Galway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

everything else aside.....
    "think for a minute" is one of my favourite songs of all time (by any artist)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

What a palava because we all agree that Fat Boy Slime* is sh!te.

*sometimes I don't correct typos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭rubick

Off topic somewhat, but I for one am absolutely overjoyed that Genesis will be in Belfast and Dublin at the end of the year.
    EP 2021 certs of course.

Ladies and ladsi want to hear no giving out about line up this year. I convinced my family that we should do a festival together for the experience. As a way of trying to ease them in we went for kaleidoscope. They have just announced Gavin James, Hudson Taylor and The 2 johnnies amongst others. Whatever ep announce i will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Ladies and ladsi want to hear no giving out about line up this year. I convinced my family that we should do a festival together for the experience. As a way of trying to ease them in we went for kaleidoscope. They have just announced Gavin James, Hudson Taylor and The 2 johnnies amongst others. Whatever ep announce i will be happy

i hear ya mucker, dross!
    i know its a family thing but throw the music fans a bone for christsake!
    Ham Sandwich is the only band that will mildly interest me!
    I assume all the unknowns on the bill will be beige!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Should of went for Vantastical. A great family event

i hear ya mucker, dross!
    i know its a family thing but throw the music fans a bone for christsake!
    Ham Sandwich is the only band that will mildly interest me!
    I assume all the unknowns on the bill will be beige!

Putting my trust in Jerry Fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wow. My heart goes out to you, Mucker. The Scratch look like they put on a hell of a show, though. Missed them at EP but I like what I've heard. Saw Brian Deady before too and liked him. The Gods of the Festival will surely balance things out by giving you an EP to remember.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wow. My heart goes out to you, Mucker. The Scratch look like they put on a hell of a show, though. Missed them at EP but I like what I've heard. Saw Brian Deady before too and liked him. The Gods of the Festival will surely balance things out by giving you an EP to remember.

And i thought i was an optimist it would be some ep to balance out that dross

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Stillill42 wrote: »

Rain one day doesn't necessarily mean sunshine the next ;)

I hope it does, but it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 184 sleeps.

There are 7 sleeps till the announcement.

There are 184 sleeps.

There are 7 sleeps till the announcement.

Thanks scruff the boost i needed. roll on announcement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Possibly Republic of Loose for the announcement? They released a greatest hits last year and have been active on social media. Mick Pyro played EP two years ago too

I used to hate them when they came out especially when they played the main stage at Oxegen in 06 and the females vocals just pierced my ears. However over the last few years i have seriously gotten into them and they are quite an underrated band so would happy to see them at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭endainoz

Republic of loose said somewhere on Instagram I think, that they had no plans to tour to promote the release of the best of album. But who knows? If it sold well there might be demand for them. I'd love to see them again myself.

I really don't know what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

HT are doing a freebie at the Roisin tomorrow and not even free hand sanitiser could induce me there.

Beer will get you through it. Though you may be saved by the near-inevitable mass cancellation of large gatherings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    HT are doing a freebie at the Roisin tomorrow and not even free hand sanitiser could induce me there.

Beer will get you through it. Though you may be saved by the near-inevitable mass cancellation of large gatherings.

I think they should cancel mass gatherings right now, only for the sake of two weeks to contain this thing. Get it out of the way before the summer festival season and the mega event that is the Olympics this year. It might cost billions, but I really think it'll be worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement