Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

endainoz wrote: »
    I think they should cancel mass gatherings right now, only for the sake of two weeks to contain this thing. Get it out of the way before the summer festival season and the mega event that is the Olympics this year. It might cost billions, but I really think it'll be worth it.

But but the economy. Worth more than human lives it seems.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,074 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sweetie wrote: »
    But but the economy. Worth more than human lives it seems.

History has shown that this has always been the case.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭rubick

EP 2020 is the year we get Radiohead, Aphex Twin AND Robyn, then it gets called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Ladies and lads i want to hear no giving out about line up this year.

That's a good 99% of this thread thread though.

And my next musing is going to test this thoroughly. Think there's a decent possibility of The 1975 being announced again this year despite playing last year. New album is coming out soon, taking a long touring break after this year, have a decent gap in their touring schedule around EP before the rest of their european tour and matty healy has said in a few recent interviews that they have a few festival gigs to be announced. Be surprising obviously but not completely out of the realms of possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

And my next musing is going to test this thoroughly. Think there's a decent possibility of The 1975 being announced again this year despite playing last year. New album is coming out soon, taking a long touring break after this year, have a decent gap in their touring schedule around EP before the rest of their european tour and matty healy has said in a few recent interviews that they have a few festival gigs to be announced. Be surprising obviously but not completely out of the realms of possibility

Give over. Most of this thread is craic. That's why most of us are here. It's a safe space on the interweb.

• Advertisement

I meant that as a joke tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

For those here who thing that Bodhrandude's stock could rise no further, think again. There are currently 800-900 people gathered outside the pub he plays regular sessions in. There's a lively debate going on outside as to whether they're there early for him or for the young Royals on tour.

Break the silence BD.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Break the silence BD.

The first rule of Bodhrándude club....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

1975s dont make me cry...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    For those here who thing that Bodhrandude's stock could rise no further, think again. There are currently 800-900 people gathered outside the pub he plays regular sessions in. There's a lively debate going on outside as to whether they're there early for him or for the young Royals on tour.

Break the silence BD.

BD! Where are you??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think if there is going to be a repeat booking from last year it might be Billie Eillish since she has no Irish shows during her European Tour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

The coronavirus thread has him now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

endainoz wrote: »
    The coronavirus thread has him now

Made me lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from the 20202 gigs thread:
    ts_editor wrote: »
    Biffy Clyro UK & Europe dates announced Wed 11 March.

same day as the EP announcement...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

from the 20202 gigs thread:

same day as the EP announcement...

I know there's a lot of snobbery about them but a few of their early tunes were great IMHO, such as bubbles and mountain

I think if there is going to be a repeat booking from last year it might be Billie Eillish since she has no Irish shows during her European Tour

was thinking that before too but i think the european tour ends a good bit before EP. if the 1975 didnt have a new album coming out i wouldnt think theyd be back but all things considered i wouldnt be completely surprised. truth (as much as some here wouldn't like to accept it) is that they are probably the most successful pop-rock act in the world atm and are fantastic entertainers, who are in with a massive chance of being glasto headliners or sub-headliners

Fatfrog wrote: »
    1975s dont make me cry...

ya you shouldnt really cry at most of their music, if you understand it most of their songs arent actually sad

So who'll win the Choice album award? And how many of the nominees will we see in Stradbally.

Fontaines too obvious for the judges so I'm guessing Lankum. And 4/10 to turn up in Sept.

Good call, Seathrun. Lost out to Westlife for song of the year. Surprise headliners? Fingers crossed. I think I speak for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lost out to Westlife for song of the year.

waht?

• Advertisement

waht?

I kid you not. Lankum got album of the year but song of the year is voted for by the public. We're gas men altogether, us Irish.

waht?

Public vote for Song of the Year. Picture This and other dross are previous winners.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know there's a lot of snobbery about them but a few of their early tunes were great IMHO, such as bubbles and mountain

They are also a great live act and would be very happy to see them turn up at EP but i can see their announcement being for a headline tour in smaller venues just after the album comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Tago Mago

Bodhrandude's gone on the sesh with Willem & Kate!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They are also a great live act and would be very happy to see them turn up at EP but i can see their announcement being for a headline tour in smaller venues just after the album comes out.

I'm here hoping they're not playing EP so I can see them again. Top quality band, always a great show when they play. I think this announcement will be for arena tour, then when that's done theyll be announced for 2021 festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If they fcuking cancel glasto I suppose ill have to hunt down a ticket for this, not been in 3 years now! Surely this virus will have pissed off by August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭rubick

Had a stress dream there where someone on the thread mentioned Biffy Clyro OH MY GOD

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Hey. Anyone doing the tour de Picnic?

Is the €60 registration fee part of the €450 you need to raise for charity? I remember last year hearing it was, but Entertainment.ie says its on top of the €450...

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Hey. Anyone doing the tour de Picnic?

Is the €60 registration fee part of the €450 you need to raise for charity? I remember last year hearing it was, but Entertainment.ie says its on top of the €450...

thanks!

I'm doing it and was assuming the €60 goes towards the €450.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

rubick wrote: »
    Had a stress dream there where someone on the thread mentioned Biffy Clyro OH MY GOD

It's the Corona virus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement